Leftist policies- Pizza Hut Drivers and more, out of work

To use it as an excuse to lay off employees.

DERP!
His legislation forces companies to cut overhead......how they do it is their business.

All touchy feely about raising wages without thinking of the consequences of their actions.

Cause and effect.

The companies chose their actions.
Pizza Hut is not in the business of charity work. The company answers to shareholders, not a bunch of leftists who know nothing about running a business but demanding to determine how much profits a company can make.

Pizza Hut is not in the business of charity work. The company answers to shareholders, not a bunch of leftists who know nothing about running a business but demanding to determine how much profits a company can make.
The company chose its actions.

It's always somebody else's fault with you chumps.

Right so let's get rid of those safety rules. So what if you find a fingernail in your pizza.

Let's get rid of those sanitation rules, too! Pays your money and take your chances. I don't want the Gummit telling me they have to serve me safe food!

I'm not sure why you are so keen to eat food prepared by someone who can't make ends meet and hates his job. Does it give you some sense of superiority? Or do you just like Loogies on your burger?

The big picture is that people need to go pick up their pizzas. Since when does anyone need a pizza delivered? Better yet make your own pizza from scratch. The last pizza we got from a pizza shop was many years ago.

Gov Newsome signed a wage increase bill that increased the minimum wage to $20/hour. Delivery people at PH are now losing their jobs.
Unintended consequences or, ah the companies will pay it.....?
You can't fix stupid.

Pizza Hut is set to lay off more than 1,200 delivery drivers in Los Angeles, Orange and Riverside counties in the coming year, ahead of a new state law that boosts the fast-food minimum wage by $4 to $20 per hour.
A second Pizza Hut franchise, Southern California Pizza Co., is also planning to lay off 841 drivers. The layoffs will impact drivers in Pizza Hut locations in Sacramento, Palm Springs, Los Angeles, Central California, Southern Oregon, the Reno-Tahoe area, among others.

I wonder how many jobs someone must work making four dollars an hour.

The big picture is that people need to go pick up their pizzas. Since when does anyone need a pizza delivered? Better yet make your own pizza from scratch. The last pizza we got from a pizza shop was many years ago.
We always pick up our pizzas. It’s cheaper by quite a bit when you do that.

- delivery fee
-processing fee
- tip

Right so let's get rid of those safety rules. So what if you find a fingernail in your pizza.

Let's get rid of those sanitation rules, too! Pays your money and take your chances. I don't want the Gummit telling me they have to serve me safe food!

I'm not sure why you are so keen to eat food prepared by someone who can't make ends meet and hates his job. Does it give you some sense of superiority? Or do you just like Loogies on your burger?
Slippery slope eh? I never said get rid of them pesky rules. You wanna gripe, gripe to the government that payroll taxes need to be lowered.

Slippery slope eh? I never said get rid of them pesky rules. You wanna gripe, gripe to the government that payroll taxes need to be lowered.

So you admit that there are some good rules.

Minimum wage being a living wage is a good rule.

I personally don't want to eat food prepared by someone who can't make ends meet and hates his job, I'm not sure why you do.

Minimum wage positions were never intended to be wages to live on.

I personally don't want to eat food prepared by someone who can't make ends meet and hates his job, I'm not sure why you do.
Or maybe fly on an airplane with someone in the same situation?

So you admit that there are some good rules.

Good rule when the rule benefits the workers. In this case, it's not. Workers will either pay more in payroll taxes, hours cut, or pink slip because of this.

Forum List

Back