Day Light Savings Time

Yes, it is about time. About losing an hour of our weekend.

LOL

Set your clocks back.................

I did that one time...lol

Set your clocks forward one hour as Daylight Saving Time begins Sunday at 2 a.m. :thup:

I stand corrected.........Spring forward.............

Nice catch. I guess I messed up the timing.......

:lol: One year, my employer called me, as I had just finished bathing and was blow drying my hair, preparing for work, for which I was always 15 to 30 minutes early. After I said, hello, he said, where are you? I said....DOH...I am obviously right here on my telephone, getting ready for work. He said, you should have been here an hour ago.....:eek: I freaked, as I had major responsibilities opening the gates and counting diamonds before customers could be allowed in the store.

I rushed so fast and made it there late, and fortunately he had been on time for once in his life and had it all done. He and another laughed at me all day....:eusa_hand:

So the night before I had due diligently set my clock for Daylight Saving [no s ] Time only I set it back an hour instead of ahead which made me very late.......:redface:

Trivia:

Daylight saving time in the United States is the practice of setting the clock forward by one hour during the warmer part of the year, so that evenings have more daylight and mornings have less. Most areas of the United States currently observe daylight saving time (DST), the exceptions being Arizona (except for the Navajo Nation, which does observe daylight saving time),[1] Hawaii,[2] and the overseas territories of Puerto Rico, American Samoa, Guam, the Northern Mariana Islands, and the United States Virgin Islands.

Daylight saving time starts on the second Sunday of March and ends on the first Sunday of November, with all time changes taking place at 2:00 A.M. local time.

Daylight saving time in the United States - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I set my clocks forward and backward every year, and the number of daylight hours never changes much.

I think they're pulling our legs.

Stupidest idea ever. Homo sapiens is the only species on earth that would come up with the idea of everybody lying to each other about what time it is, rather than just starting and ending our work day earlier. :banghead:

Rob Ford made the announcement that everyone should set their clocks BACK an hour.

It was always a bit confusing when I lived in AZ because, except for the north eastern corner of the state, we didn't have DST. That meant that when talking to people around the country, I always had to try to remember if they were behind or ahead of me.

Now that I live in a DST state ... its the same.

I agree that its dumb. We're not all farmers.

The best explanation I have seen is that someone tried to explain DST to an old Indian. He laugh and said, "Only the government could cut a foot off the bottom of a blanket, sew it back on the top of a blanket, and try to claim a longer blanket".

Forum List

Back