Creationist group to ask Kentucky taxpayers for help building Noah’s ark theme park

Creationist group to ask Kentucky taxpayers for help building Noah’s ark theme park

There's already a Noah's Ark water park in the Wisconsin Dells.

The project coordinator told the newspaper that Ark Encounter meets all criteria for the tourism act, which allows eligible tourism attractions a 25 percent rebate of sales tax collected on ticket sales, souvenirs, and other sales over a 10-year period.

The rebate could be worth as much as $18.25 million for Ark Encounter, which is affiliated with the Answers in Genesis ministry that operates the Creation Museum about 20 miles away, in Petersburg, Kentucky.

When completed, Ark Encounter will feature a 510-foot wooden replica of the biblical Noah’s ark as its main attraction.

I picture a really bright kid going there and thinking to himself: "This has has got to be a fairy tale, there's no way to fit all those animals in that square boat -- and the lions would eat the zebra."

And if Noah's just a Jewish fairy tale -- begs the question...

From a purely business standpoint, I don't see a real problem with it. It will bring tourists to the state and increase sales taxes, so that would be a good thing. It's not as if the state is supporting the business directly. It is just allowing them a discount on their sales taxes for a period of time.

it might bring tourists and it might bring in money. if it looks that good on paper the private backers should be plenty.

I'd be all for it, if the Park included educaitonal disclaimers about why the Noah Story is Bullshit. We can package them as educational placards.

"This is a Koala. It lives in Australia and can only eat eucalyptus leaves. How did Noah managed to get two of these for the ark and maintain a years worth of fresh food for them?"

"THe ark is 510 Feet long. There are 1 million species of animals. How did Noah Manage to fit 1 million species and a years worth of food for them in a box only 510 feet long."

"God drowned every baby in the world. How can a God drown babies and still be considered 'Good'?"

What's you position on cities/states paying for private sports teams' arenas/stadiums?

Hey, as long as the Ark job is presented as "entertainment" for all (like the sports teams) then I guess it would fall along the same line in terms of financing help.

But if it (the Ark) is going to be presented as settled fact, then no. Let them pay for it themselves.

I'm thinking a Sodom and Gomorrah Theme Park would be much more popular - a day of fun in Sodom with a big fireworks show at night.

Creationists are funny. Insane, but funny.

Noah.jpg

The project coordinator told the newspaper that Ark Encounter meets all criteria for the tourism act, which allows eligible tourism attractions a 25 percent rebate of sales tax collected on ticket sales, souvenirs, and other sales over a 10-year period.

The rebate could be worth as much as $18.25 million for Ark Encounter, which is affiliated with the Answers in Genesis ministry that operates the Creation Museum about 20 miles away, in Petersburg, Kentucky.

When completed, Ark Encounter will feature a 510-foot wooden replica of the biblical Noah’s ark as its main attraction.

I picture a really bright kid going there and thinking to himself: "This has has got to be a fairy tale, there's no way to fit all those animals in that square boat -- and the lions would eat the zebra."

Talk about a national crisis...

If the project is a good one...why does it need a tax break ?

Is this a not for profit ?

Asking for tax incentives is different than the claim by the left that the group will "ask taxpayers for help" but the left deals in semantics rather than reality these days. Is NY asking taxpayers for help when they advertise tax free zones for new businesses?

so what, and why is it your business

do you live there? if not and you don't like don't visit the state

of all thing to get your panties in bunch over

busy body_in everyone frikken business

Last edited:
I vote no on taxpayers building sports arenas and private recreational theme parks.

I used to get angry at sports arenas built with taxpayer money; then I realized, that way the structure belongs to the public, and teams bring money into most cities.

It's a giant money loser for taxpayers.

In Stadium Building Spree, U.S. Taxpayers Lose $4 Billion - Bloomberg

Yet, the city having a pro team brings publicity, and Jaguars games, Gator Bowl, and the Florida Georgia game, bring in money to the surrounding areas. A mixed bag I guess, but Jax is large enough to need respect. When I lived closer to Gainesville, I dreaded Florida home games............careless, sometimes drunk drivers went through town at 65 mph. A lot of ticket revenue resulted.

Forum List

Back