Creationist group to ask Kentucky taxpayers for help building Noah’s ark theme park

Ricky Gervais puts Noah's Arc into perspective...
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MXiL4vvFHew]Ricky Gervais - Noah's Ark - YouTube[/ame]

They can ask. Nothing wrong with that, and if the taxpayers say yes then they can pay. Nothing wrong with that either.

that's a foreign concept to them
UNLESS it's being forced by the government how dare they ask the taxpayers for anything

they aren't gaming the system so they get dumped on for that....damned if you do and damned if you don't by these busy body control freaks

Last edited:
Well the racist far left Obama drone OP has done it again and believes without question a far left blog site like raw story.

Then the far left has never really understood the term incentives.

These types of investments put people to work, attract tourists and help the local economy. I say go full steam ahead...

Yea, because theme parks about drowning humanity and the incest that follows has always been a huge attraction.

Creationist group to ask Kentucky taxpayers for help building Noah’s ark theme park

There's already a Noah's Ark water park in the Wisconsin Dells.

The project coordinator told the newspaper that Ark Encounter meets all criteria for the tourism act, which allows eligible tourism attractions a 25 percent rebate of sales tax collected on ticket sales, souvenirs, and other sales over a 10-year period.

The rebate could be worth as much as $18.25 million for Ark Encounter, which is affiliated with the Answers in Genesis ministry that operates the Creation Museum about 20 miles away, in Petersburg, Kentucky.

When completed, Ark Encounter will feature a 510-foot wooden replica of the biblical Noah’s ark as its main attraction.

I picture a really bright kid going there and thinking to himself: "This has has got to be a fairy tale, there's no way to fit all those animals in that square boat -- and the lions would eat the zebra."

And if Noah's just a Jewish fairy tale -- begs the question...

There are city owned zoos all over with Noah's Ark viewing areas geared for children. Big deal.

These types of investments put people to work, attract tourists and help the local economy. I say go full steam ahead...

I'm only 4-5 posts in and "THE PEOPLE" don't seem to notice the difference between a theme park that profits the city and forced religious perspective.
FREEDOM OF RELIGION is in the Constitution. Why make other religions pay for this theme park? This is an epic failure of the Constitution.

I'm Christian and think this might be cool. But why force other religions to pay for this? I'm 99.9% certain that the town we are discussing has someone that is in a different religion, probably a large portion, not just 1. But it only takes 1 when discussing our Constitution.

I'm only 4-5 posts in and "THE PEOPLE" don't seem to notice the difference between a theme park that profits the city and forced religious perspective.
FREEDOM OF RELIGION is in the Constitution. Why make other religions pay for this theme park? This is an epic failure of the Constitution.

I'm Christian and think this might be cool. But why force other religions to pay for this? I'm 99.9% certain that the town we are discussing has someone that is in a different religion, probably a large portion, not just 1. But it only takes 1 when discussing our Constitution.
The bottom line is always $$$. From a business perspective, if it brings in money, then it's all ok. For instance, in McAdenville NC we have Christmas Town USA, where they have festivals every night during Christmas season. It brings in tourists, and helps the local economy. It would be silly to cancel the event, and deprive the town of the economical benefits. A good economy benefits everyone.

Would gays be allowed in? And if we still have gay people today, does that mean that Noah had some gay folks on the Ark?

The project coordinator told the newspaper that Ark Encounter meets all criteria for the tourism act, which allows eligible tourism attractions a 25 percent rebate of sales tax collected on ticket sales, souvenirs, and other sales over a 10-year period.

The rebate could be worth as much as $18.25 million for Ark Encounter, which is affiliated with the Answers in Genesis ministry that operates the Creation Museum about 20 miles away, in Petersburg, Kentucky.

When completed, Ark Encounter will feature a 510-foot wooden replica of the biblical Noah’s ark as its main attraction.

I picture a really bright kid going there and thinking to himself: "This has has got to be a fairy tale, there's no way to fit all those animals in that square boat -- and the lions would eat the zebra."

Your finished liar hack
http://www.usmessageboard.com/polit...nd-avoid-looking-too-liberal.html#post9526043

:lol:

Eh. It's a theme park. You don't even have to be a Christian to take your family there, and have fun. In the long run it would probably make the city much more money than they would spend.

Yeah, no atheist knee-jerk here, put some people to work and damn the theological/political arguments. I wonder more about the corruption potential in this.

^ that

Wonder if they will depict the dinosaurs and unicorns aboard the ark.

I guess if dinosaurs and unicorns had actually existed at that time, they would have. :cuckoo:

I guess if dinosaurs and unicorns had actually existed at that time, they would have. :cuckoo:
But Noah took gay people, right? Because god drowned everyone else who wasn't on his boat.

Yea, because theme parks about drowning humanity and the incest that follows has always been a huge attraction.

Yeah, kind of sounds just like the progressive left with their millions of aborted humanity and attacking age of consent laws!

But Noah took gay people, right? Because god drowned everyone else who wasn't on his boat.

Since everyone on the ark was married to a member of the opposite sex, I guess that would be a 'no'. Not very up on what you're trying to talk about, are you?

Since everyone on the ark was married to a member of the opposite sex, I guess that would be a 'no'. Not very up on what you're trying to talk about, are you?

So if gay people weren't on his boat, where did they come from?

Forum List

Back