Creationist group to ask Kentucky taxpayers for help building Noah’s ark theme park

hazlnut

Gold Member
Sep 18, 2012
Chicago
Creationist group to ask Kentucky taxpayers for help building Noah’s ark theme park

There's already a Noah's Ark water park in the Wisconsin Dells.

The project coordinator told the newspaper that Ark Encounter meets all criteria for the tourism act, which allows eligible tourism attractions a 25 percent rebate of sales tax collected on ticket sales, souvenirs, and other sales over a 10-year period.

The rebate could be worth as much as $18.25 million for Ark Encounter, which is affiliated with the Answers in Genesis ministry that operates the Creation Museum about 20 miles away, in Petersburg, Kentucky.

When completed, Ark Encounter will feature a 510-foot wooden replica of the biblical Noah’s ark as its main attraction.

I picture a really bright kid going there and thinking to himself: "This has has got to be a fairy tale, there's no way to fit all those animals in that square boat -- and the lions would eat the zebra."

And if Noah's just a Jewish fairy tale -- begs the question...

Eh. It's a theme park. You don't even have to be a Christian to take your family there, and have fun. In the long run it would probably make the city much more money than they would spend.

Eh. It's a theme park. You don't even have to be a Christian to take your family there, and have fun. In the long run it would probably make the city much more money than they would spend.

Yeah, no atheist knee-jerk here, put some people to work and damn the theological/political arguments. I wonder more about the corruption potential in this.

Yes, kids will not focus on religion, just fun at a waterpark. Build it safe(.)

I don't, necessarily, have a problem with this. Could add a lot to local communities and Kentucky is largely Christian so it fits.

Don't worry. Jesus is coming back before the government bond would be due. It's all good, brother!

Last edited:

The project coordinator told the newspaper that Ark Encounter meets all criteria for the tourism act, which allows eligible tourism attractions a 25 percent rebate of sales tax collected on ticket sales, souvenirs, and other sales over a 10-year period.

The rebate could be worth as much as $18.25 million for Ark Encounter, which is affiliated with the Answers in Genesis ministry that operates the Creation Museum about 20 miles away, in Petersburg, Kentucky.

When completed, Ark Encounter will feature a 510-foot wooden replica of the biblical Noah’s ark as its main attraction.

I picture a really bright kid going there and thinking to himself: "This has has got to be a fairy tale, there's no way to fit all those animals in that square boat -- and the lions would eat the zebra."

And when the Muslims want a park from tax monies too? I'd think using taxes to pay for religious themed stuff is a bit of a no-no.

Just think of all the ark activities you could do: shovel camel shit, shovel elephant shit, shovel donkey shit, shovel polar bear shit, shovel Noah's shit, shovel rhino shit, shovel giraffe shit, ... Hay shovelling contests, bet on which lion can eat the most of the other animals, try to figure out where the fuck dinosaurs fit into this story... And of course the whole park would completely flood for 40 days at a time. Wow! What fun it would be!

I vote no on taxpayers building sports arenas and private recreational theme parks.

I used to get angry at sports arenas built with taxpayer money; then I realized, that way the structure belongs to the public, and teams bring money into most cities.

I vote no on taxpayers building sports arenas and private recreational theme parks.

I used to get angry at sports arenas built with taxpayer money; then I realized, that way the structure belongs to the public, and teams bring money into most cities.

I guess you could say you own part of it but they're still going to charge you a hundred bucks a game and 10 bucks for a beer. I don't like that kind of ownership. Lol.

Last edited:

Wonder if they will depict the dinosaurs and unicorns aboard the ark.

And when the Muslims want a park from tax monies too? I'd think using taxes to pay for religious themed stuff is a bit of a no-no.

If it has the potential to make money then I dont have a problem with it.
But I doubt a Muslim themed park in Kentucky would turn a profit, while a Christian one would.

Forum List

Back