Appears God Is Not Flooding Ark Encounter Theme Park With Visitors

skews13

Diamond Member
Mar 18, 2017
God/Yahweh has not blessed the Noah’s Ark theme park in Kentucky with a deluge of visitors.

The Ark Encounter sold a little more than 860,000 tickets between July 2017 and June 2018, according to open records obtained by The Freedom From Religion Foundation, a nonprofit that promotes the separation of church and state.

When the park opened in 2016, park officials anticipated 1.4 million to 2.4 million yearly visitors.

Granted, they do not include in those ticket sales people who purchased lifetime passes and kids under the age of five enter the park for free. However,

For attendance to be 1 million visitors at the ark park, 14 percent of all its attendance needs to be free or non-ticketed, according to The Freedom From Religion Foundation.

I don’t think any theme or amusement parks allow for 14% of the attendance to be free, or maybe I’m just a silly whabbitt. And considering this whole scheme was pushed to make money and bring in jobs, jobs, jobs at some expense to Kentucky tax payers, you would think that the Ark Encounter would do as promised. See, we in Kentucky gave $18 million in tax incentives to get this monstrosity built.

Yeah, this was started under Democratic Govenor Steve Beshear who was running for reelection. Beshear signed off on this con job to get the fundamentalist vote in KY, which is more than a little significant I’m afraid. After Beshear got reelected did he miraculously realize that the con artist behind the Ark Encounter was only hiring other Christian lunatics to staff it. Beshear then pulled the plug. Unforntunately, a federal judge OK’d the money to Ark Encounter in 2016, so here we are!

And how is the return in our investment going with Ark Encounter?

After its first year, the Kentucky government cut the Ark Encounter a rebate check for $1.8 million.

“It is a shame that Matt Bevin and the Commonwealth of Kentucky continues to pay for this Christian ministry,” said Edwin Hensley, a co-organizer of Kentucky's Freedom From Religion Foundation. “Last year Kentucky wrote a check to Ark Encounter for $1.8 million, refunding almost 80 percent of the $2.28 million sales tax revenue."

Appears God is Not Flooding Ark Encounter Theme Park With Visitors.

God/Yahweh has not blessed the Noah’s Ark theme park in Kentucky with a deluge of visitors.

The Ark Encounter sold a little more than 860,000 tickets between July 2017 and June 2018, according to open records obtained by The Freedom From Religion Foundation, a nonprofit that promotes the separation of church and state.

When the park opened in 2016, park officials anticipated 1.4 million to 2.4 million yearly visitors.

Granted, they do not include in those ticket sales people who purchased lifetime passes and kids under the age of five enter the park for free. However,

For attendance to be 1 million visitors at the ark park, 14 percent of all its attendance needs to be free or non-ticketed, according to The Freedom From Religion Foundation.

I don’t think any theme or amusement parks allow for 14% of the attendance to be free, or maybe I’m just a silly whabbitt. And considering this whole scheme was pushed to make money and bring in jobs, jobs, jobs at some expense to Kentucky tax payers, you would think that the Ark Encounter would do as promised. See, we in Kentucky gave $18 million in tax incentives to get this monstrosity built.

Yeah, this was started under Democratic Govenor Steve Beshear who was running for reelection. Beshear signed off on this con job to get the fundamentalist vote in KY, which is more than a little significant I’m afraid. After Beshear got reelected did he miraculously realize that the con artist behind the Ark Encounter was only hiring other Christian lunatics to staff it. Beshear then pulled the plug. Unforntunately, a federal judge OK’d the money to Ark Encounter in 2016, so here we are!

After its first year, the Kentucky government cut the Ark Encounter a rebate check for $1.8 million.

“It is a shame that Matt Bevin and the Commonwealth of Kentucky continues to pay for this Christian ministry,” said Edwin Hensley, a co-organizer of Kentucky's Freedom From Religion Foundation. “Last year Kentucky wrote a check to Ark Encounter for $1.8 million, refunding almost 80 percent of the $2.28 million sales tax revenue."

They sell lifetime passes to that nonsense? :laugh:

At least they’ve embraced LGBT rights

20045521_1596311390399211_7503626277058911484_o.jpg

I notice they fail to show any figures for increased occupancy taxes, or other benefits had from those visitors.

We would take 860,000 visitors. Well, no, we couldn't handle that many. But we'd take some.
Eateries, motels, gas stations, everything thereabouts, just about, would increase. Plus there must be quite a few employees? Is the OP upset because it is not doing well or because of its religious theme?

We would take 860,000 visitors. Well, no, we couldn't handle that many. But we'd take some.
Eateries, motels, gas stations, everything thereabouts, just about, would increase. Plus there must be quite a few employees? Is the OP upset because it is not doing well or because of its religious theme?
I suspect because it is a religious theme...

Just think. The park will probably go bankrupts and then abandened. The Ark will deteriorate over time.

A thousand years from now some archeologists will find the remains and swear that was the real Ark.

The reason the attraction is doing bad is because it is too expensive for many families to go. They are charging Disney World prices without near the entertainment.

The story of the Ark is not a uniquely Christian idea, and is common to most religious people around the globe.

There is a likely historical set of events that produced the Great Flood legends, but secularists are too obsessed with their anti-Christian hate mongering to bother reading up on the topic.

The story of the Ark is not a uniquely Christian idea, and is common to most religious people around the globe.

There is a likely historical set of events that produced the Great Flood legends, but secularists are too obsessed with their anti-Christian hate mongering to bother reading up on the topic.

Do you think there was an ark that held two of every animal? I don't think you believe that Jim. You'd have to be pretty fucking stupid, and I happen to think you're not.

Do you think there was an ark that held two of every animal? I don't think you believe that Jim. You'd have to be pretty fucking stupid, and I happen to think you're not.

Well, I do not believe that the Bible says there were two of every animal. There were different niumbers for clean and unclean animals.

What I think is that Noah was a herding tribal leader in the Black Sea area prior to the ice pack at the Bosporus Straights melting down. When it did melt enouigh to allow for a good amount of the water from the Med to come in, it may have gotten the attention of this herder and so he built a boat to survive a flood, based on increasing water flow from the Bosporus. So he collected the best specimens of his animals he could and warned his neighbors as well. They declined to heed Noahs warning.

There is more truth to these legends than unTruth, I do believe that.

Well, I do not believe that the Bible says there were two of every animal. There were different niumbers for clean and unclean animals.

What I think is that Noah was a herding tribal leader in the Black Sea area prior to the ice pack at the Bosporus Straights melting down. When it did melt enouigh to allow for a good amount of the water from the Med to come in, it may have gotten the attention of this herder and so he built a boat to survive a flood, based on increasing water flow from the Bosporus. So he collected the best specimens of his animals he could and warned his neighbors as well. They declined to heed Noahs warning.

There is more truth to these legends than unTruth, I do believe that.

Alright, we're cool as long as you're not taking it all literally.

I might go to the Ark Encounter if it was free, and I'm an evangelical Christian. Sorry, but it just looks kinda cheesy. That's for starters.

Secondly, I'm VERY VERY wary of anything the Freedom From Religion Foundation gets its grubby paws up into. I'd love to see what they're doing to counter Islam in the schools these days. I would guess a big fat nothing, zero, zip and zilch, or at BEST, a token here and there.

But we know it's not Islam that really offends liberals and atheists, don't we?

Gaudy and asinine. And so is the concept of an Ark theme park. The message must be stronger than the dollar.

“It is a shame that Matt Bevin and the Commonwealth of Kentucky continues to pay for this Christian ministry,” said Edwin Hensley, a co-organizer of Kentucky's Freedom From Religion Foundation
What disgusting "American" would belong to an organization called, "Freedom FROM Religion Foundation"? The Constitution does NOT guarantee a nation FREE FROM RELIGION.

Yeah, that's what I got from the story.

I am Christian and I live only 10 minutes away from the Holy Land theme park in Orlando. I've never been. It isn't because I don't believe, it's because I know the stories and it doesn't seem like entertainment to me. I still have my faith and my faith doesn't depend on me patronizing these places.

“It is a shame that Matt Bevin and the Commonwealth of Kentucky continues to pay for this Christian ministry,” said Edwin Hensley, a co-organizer of Kentucky's Freedom From Religion Foundation
What disgusting "American" would belong to an organization called, "Freedom FROM Religion Foundation"? The Constitution does NOT guarantee a nation FREE FROM RELIGION.

Yeah, that's what I got from the story.

A lot of people, a LOT, think the Constitution guarantees a "secular government" or some such. No it does not. Secularism is an actual religion-worldview. The Constitution simply says the gov't is neutral. It does not take a stand, that's it.

Alright, we're cool as long as you're not taking it all literally.

In hermeneutics, one should identify the style of the writing and the time frame and culture of the author before interpreting it.

In this case the book of Genesis seems to be an anthology of legends and myths of the Middle East that the conceptual author, not necessarily a literal Moses, included due to an unknown criteria. Moses may not have literally written it himself, some of the Pentateuch he could not have written, like the part where he dies and is buried, lol, but I think the writers kept to a set of narratives he chose to include.

I think the main point behind the Noah legend is that God expects us to punish murderers by execution. I think that there are many good reasons to do so that involve the function of state power vrs criminal syndicates. If the criminal are the only ones that will take life then the government is conceding ultimate power to chaotic forces within society.

The Noah account was certainly not included in order to provide a modernistic account of some global event. That is like taking the George Washington cherry tree legend literally when it is more of a metaphor for the character of the man.

I love it when the far left bashes religion, when they are part of the biggest religious cult on the planet.

And yes the far left drone OP is bashing religion, even though many of the far left religious leaders (like Pelosi) are Catholic.

maybe the ark was like the TARDIS....bigger on the inside....hey just a thought....

maybe the ark was like the TARDIS....bigger on the inside....hey just a thought....

Maybe. I mean, God is beyond space and time after all.

Forum List

Back