Covington High School Students About To Get PAID!

Suit is going nowhere . They are famous . That’s a very high standard to hit for libel .

Otherwise Hillary Clinton could sue these righty hack and news sites into oblivion.

Do you mean to tell me that when these "children" were sent by their parents and priests to counter protest a woman's march in DC, and demand that abortion be made illegal that they SOMEHOW entered into the realm of political speech and gave up their rights to be FREE from Fist Amendment exploration of their motives and actions? I, Sir, am aghast. Appalled. Flabbergasted. Flomoxxed. The communist MSM has ripped the shroud of ingenuousness from their innocent and untutored souls. I WEEP at your jaded sense of decency, Sir.
I guess the courts will tell us eh? BTW, they will most likely win in court. defamation of character is law

"The legal team behind Covington Catholic High School student Nick Sandmann are sending letters to various media organizations, celebrities and politicians it says completely misrepresented the confrontation between the teenager and Native American activists last month and potentially defamed their client.

Most of mainstream media and others vilified
Sandmann, other students and Covington Catholic High School in general when the youths were shown on camera wearing MAGA hats in Washington, D.C., where they had participated in the Jan. 18 March for Life rally.

Despite clarification and
apologies from many, comedian Bill Maher continued to denigrate Sandmann a week later.

McMurtry is joined in his legal campaign by lawyer L. Lin Wood of Atlanta. The letters tell the media outlets and individuals named to preserve all documents or recoded material associated with the incident, including emails connected with reporting the event.

"We are "very confident that we are going to prevail” and “attain justice.” At minimum, justice will come in the form of apologies and retractions, and could include further litigation", Lawyer Todd McMurtry.
-- McMurtry is joined in his legal campaign by lawyer L. Lin Wood of Atlanta"

Freshman D-Rep Ilhan Omar, already under fire for Anti-Semitic remarks, actually defamed and attacked the Covington High School kids AFTER she knew the fake news stories against them had been debunked:

"Freshman Rep. Ilhan Omar (D-MN) is getting slammed on social media for attacking the Covington Catholic students Tuesday night, even after media outlets admitted to misreporting the viral encounter between the students and the Native American elder.

Omar
claimed in a now-deleted tweet Tuesday night that Covington student Nick Sandmann and his friends had taunted black protesters and yelled racist epithets at the men before Native American activist Nathan Phillips approached them, even though video evidence of the encounter showed the black protesters hurling insults at the boys."

Rep. Ilhan Omar Spreads Fake News with Attack on Covington Students

Perhaps, like her D-Senator counter-parts who engaged in sexual misconduct, Omar might just use TAX DOLLARS to pay for the Covington Law Suit against her, should she refuse to apologize to them.

:p

Lawyers For Covington Student Sending Warning Letters To Media, Celebrities

This is what karma looks like. That stolen valor indian tried to have them banned from college, now he is disgraced and the smiling kid is about to become a multi millionaire while hes still in highschool!

uh HUH.
And how would he do that? Win the lottery?
Yeah, he just won the fake news lottery.
Actually I won that. Called out anybody to show me evidence thereof, over two weeks ago, and got ---------- nothing.

Fatter o' mact, I just did it to you five minutes ago. Did it hurt?

It's so boring being right every time.

Do you mean to tell me that when these "children" were sent by their parents and priests to counter protest a woman's march in DC, and demand that abortion be made illegal that they SOMEHOW entered into the realm of political speech and gave up their rights to be FREE from Fist Amendment exploration of their motives and actions? I, Sir, am aghast. Appalled. Flabbergasted. Flomoxxed. The communist MSM has ripped the shroud of ingenuousness from their innocent and untutored souls. I WEEP at your jaded sense of decency, Sir.
I guess the courts will tell us eh? BTW, they will most likely win in court. defamation of character is law
So, you already know what the courts will tell you. LOL

So, you already know what the courts will tell you. LOL
I have no idea, and why I said "I guess the courts will tell us" did you trip over that phrase or something else?

"The legal team behind Covington Catholic High School student Nick Sandmann are sending letters to various media organizations, celebrities and politicians it says completely misrepresented the confrontation between the teenager and Native American activists last month and potentially defamed their client.

Sandmann, other students and Covington Catholic High School in general when the youths were shown on camera wearing MAGA hats in Washington, D.C., where they had participated in the Jan. 18 March for Life rally.

apologies from many, comedian Bill Maher continued to denigrate Sandmann a week later.

McMurtry is joined in his legal campaign by lawyer L. Lin Wood of Atlanta. The letters tell the media outlets and individuals named to preserve all documents or recoded material associated with the incident, including emails connected with reporting the event.

"We are "very confident that we are going to prevail” and “attain justice.” At minimum, justice will come in the form of apologies and retractions, and could include further litigation", Lawyer Todd McMurtry.

Freshman D-Rep Ilhan Omar, already under fire for Anti-Semitic remarks, actually defamed and attacked the Covington High School kids AFTER she knew the fake news stories against them had been debunked:

"Freshman Rep. Ilhan Omar (D-MN) is getting slammed on social media for attacking the Covington Catholic students Tuesday night, even after media outlets admitted to misreporting the viral encounter between the students and the Native American elder.

Omar
claimed in a now-deleted tweet Tuesday night that Covington student Nick Sandmann and his friends had taunted black protesters and yelled racist epithets at the men before Native American activist Nathan Phillips approached them, even though video evidence of the encounter showed the black protesters hurling insults at the boys."

Perhaps, like her D-Senator counter-parts who engaged in sexual misconduct, Omar might just use TAX DOLLARS to pay for the Covington Law Suit against her, should she refuse to apologize to them.

This is what karma looks like. That stolen valor indian tried to have them banned from college, now he is disgraced and the smiling kid is about to become a multi millionaire while hes still in highschool!

uh HUH.
Actually I won that. Called out anybody to show me evidence thereof, over two weeks ago, and got ---------- nothing.

show you what? I believe someone asked you that. correct?

Omar

uh HUH.

You won what? I posted a response with link. Evidence exists - proven.

Omar

uh HUH.

I think he was looking for some statute that they will use to argue with, it's all I could figure given the weak post he made.

Omar

uh HUH.

Ah yes, the old Fingerboy Dance. Claim you posted something and "you missed it".

Nice try Hunior. Derivative.

uh HUH.

Ah yes, the old Fingerboy Dance. Claim you posted something and "you missed it".

Nice try Hunior. Derivative.
you are stupid. really, I'm not making it up. why don't you actually clarify your fking position as was asked? afraid to be outed as a douche-bag?

Suit is going nowhere . They are famous . That’s a very high standard to hit for libel .

Otherwise Hillary Clinton could sue these righty hack and news sites into oblivion.

Higher than that is the simple fact that in order to show "libel" you have to SHOW libel.

If you can't do that you're pretty much laughed out of court. And any attorney knows that.

--- which of course generates the question, if they know that, what the fuck are they implying they're going to "do" with no evidence?

Higher than that is the simple fact that in order to show "libel" you have to SHOW libel.

If you can't do that you're pretty much laughed out of court. And any attorney knows that.

--- which of course generates the question, if they know that, what the fuck are they implying they're going to "do" with no evidence?
Differences Between Defamation, Slander, and Libel

"Importance of Intent

Another crucial part of a defamation case is that the person makes the false statement with a certain kind of intent. The statement must have been made with knowledge that it was untrue or with reckless disregard for the truth (meaning the person who said it questioned the truthfulness but said it anyhow). If the person being defamed is a private citizen and not a celebrity or public figure, defamation can also be proven when the statement was made with negligence as to determining its truth (the person speaking should have known it was false or should have questioned it). This means it is easier to prove defamation when you are a private citizen. There is a higher standard required if you are a public figure."

the media and the dims intentionally wanted to take down the kid. I believe that is very apparent. so much so, they will settle out of court. we can all read the headlines when the kid and the school wins bigly. I can't wait. Intent is all that is needed to win a defamation suit.

Someone let Pogo know, he has me on ignore.

"Importance of Intent

Another crucial part of a defamation case is that the person makes the false statement with a certain kind of intent. The statement must have been made with knowledge that it was untrue or with reckless disregard for the truth (meaning the person who said it questioned the truthfulness but said it anyhow). If the person being defamed is a private citizen and not a celebrity or public figure, defamation can also be proven when the statement was made with negligence as to determining its truth (the person speaking should have known it was false or should have questioned it). This means it is easier to prove defamation when you are a private citizen. There is a higher standard required if you are a public figure."

Unlike all the wags I've been challenging I know exactly what defamation, slander and libel are. I had to as part of my career in media.

What I'm still "waiting" for (waiting in quotes because I know it isn't going to happen) is any evidence of said "libel" ------ a print story, a broadcast, a news web page ---- which, again, you'll notice, is a term no longer being used. Now rather than "libel" it's "other litigation" which is about as weasel-word as you can get for the English phrase "I got nothin'".

These simple wags have got to start recognizing a snow job when it hits them in the face.

Say hi to Sean Spicer down tuh the Office of Bluffing Unsubstantiated Libel Litigation Sporting Heavy Insane Threats (BULLSHIT)

Omar

And once they have wealth, they will have a good political career in the works later on.

"Importance of Intent

Unlike all the wags I've been challenging I know exactly what defamation, slander and libel are. I had to as part of my career in media.

What I'm still "waiting" for (waiting in quotes because I know it isn't going to happen) is any evidence of said "libel" ------ a print story, a broadcast, a news web page ---- which, again, you'll notice, is a term no longer being used. Now rather than "libel" it's "other litigation" which is about as weasel-word as you can get for the English phrase "I got nothin'".

These simple wags have got to start recognizing a snow job when it hits them in the face.

Say hi to Sean Spicer down tuh the Office of Not Filing Libel Suits After Bluffing Threats of it.
then you should know that the word alleged is necessary in order to avoid looking like intent.

Sean spicer I don't care about. I care about the kid, and intent is all over the internet as to the false accusations made. I will locate one and I will post it.

Omar

And once they have wealth, they will have a good political career in the works later on.

And once they ("they"? When did Nick Sandmann clone himself?) have this mystery "wealth" for mysterious reasons from mysterious sources nobody can cite, how exactly is he ("they") going to ride smirkability into a "political career"?

Secretary of Smirk? :dunno:

"Importance of Intent

Say hi to Sean Spicer down tuh the Office of Bluffing Unsubstantiated Libel Litigation Sporting Heavy Insane Threats (BULLSHIT)

Omar

here was the link from the OP. not sure your point, again.

Omar

And once they ("they"? When did Nick Sandmann clone himself?) have this mystery "wealth" for mysterious reasons from mysterious sources nobody can cite, how exactly is he ("they") going to ride smirkability into a "political career"?

It beats politicians coming in and then making a cool $30 million like Obama, thanks to getting elected

Disgusting.

Omar

It beats politicians coming in and then making a cool $30 million like Obama, thanks to getting elected

Disgusting.

Yet another non-answer. Well I'm used to it.

And yet another nickel for Pogo's Law. Thanks for that.

Forum List

Back