Corporations pay no taxes

The wingnuts will say "cut government spending." It's the GOP "starve the beast" strategy by bankrupting the country that CON$ have worshiped since St Ronnie introduced it with his tax cuts and "borrow and spend" deficits.

July 6, 2010
RUSH: It is said of Reagan -- I think it's true to a certain extent -- Reagan decided to starve the welfare state by creating deficits and spending

You are in the top 10 of un in formed people on this message board
what are you alking about?
Deficits come from spending to much, not lower taxes
If I have more money to spend, I create jobs
And you are in the top 1% of brainwashed people on this messageboard.

Reagan did both to bankrupt this great country. He borrowed and spent like a drunken sailor AND cut taxes, which reduced revenue until he started his run of tax increases which increased revenue, which he spent even faster.

Nearly all of our debt can be traced back to the GOP's cut taxes and then borrow what you spend policy initiated by Reagan. The national debt is really the "GOP Debt."

sense 84 we created 40 million jobs
Clintons surplus was a direct product of those tax cuts, our investment and a GOP congress. Obama has spent what RR spent in 8 years in 18 months and during the same time lost millions of jobs
Get a grip
ftp://ftp.bls.gov/pub/suppl/empsit.ceseeb1.txt

Last edited:
You need to tell us who's going to pay the 10% or so of government revenues that corporations pay in income tax,

if the corporations don't pay it.

Corporations don't pay taxes, they collect them. All taxes are in fact paid by the consumers of products except the death tax.

Income tax? Paid by salary which is paid from product sales. Social Security/Medicare? The same. Investment taxes? The same.

In the end, all taxes are regressive because the poor spend the highest percent of their income. The fairest tax is actually a simple, flat tax because lowering taxes and tax overhead reduces the amount they pay. I know this is over your head, most things are. Want a cookie?

Once again.

Rent. Utilities. COGS. Advertising.

Do corporations 'pay' these things? After all, the expenses are just passed on to the consumer, right? If propping up corporations so they can "Create jobs" is worth expenditure to the government, shouldn't the government provide these things for corporations as well?

The argument is ridiculous.

all of those items you mention, rent, advertising, all of that creates wealth. Taxes over done destory it

Corporations don't pay taxes, they collect them. All taxes are in fact paid by the consumers of products except the death tax.

Income tax? Paid by salary which is paid from product sales. Social Security/Medicare? The same. Investment taxes? The same.

In the end, all taxes are regressive because the poor spend the highest percent of their income. The fairest tax is actually a simple, flat tax because lowering taxes and tax overhead reduces the amount they pay. I know this is over your head, most things are. Want a cookie?

Once again.

Do corporations 'pay' these things? After all, the expenses are just passed on to the consumer, right? If propping up corporations so they can "Create jobs" is worth expenditure to the government, shouldn't the government provide these things for corporations as well?

all of those items you mention, rent, advertising, all of that creates wealth. Taxes over done destory it

I must say, that's a more creative response than what I usually get.

But no, I'm afraid you're wrong. Taxes are a temporary furlough. They don't destroy anything. They go to maintaining the commons and and rapidly re-introduced into the private sector, regardless of what expense they go to (and as the concept of 'money' is fungible, you don't really know where you're particular tax dollars go).

The commons are, generally, necessary services which the private sector is either 1. Incapable of providing, 2. Un-interested in providing due to minimal profitability or 3. Against our national interest to be privatized.

If they suddenly went away I don't think anyone would be too happy with the result.

Once again.

But no, I'm afraid you're wrong. Taxes are a temporary furlough. They don't destroy anything. They go to maintaining the commons and and rapidly re-introduced into the private sector, regardless of what expense they go to (and as the concept of 'money' is fungible, you don't really know where you're particular tax dollars go).

The commons are, generally, necessary services which the private sector is either 1. Incapable of providing, 2. Un-interested in providing due to minimal profitability or 3. Against our national interest to be privatized.

If they suddenly went away I don't think anyone would be too happy with the result.

in 2001 the congress and GWB cut my income tax rate to the point in which I have had an additional 30,000 to spend
That is wealth creation and has no place to be debated

If we cut the corporate tax rate 40%. we could raise the minimum wage 4.00 an hour for 20 million people
that is welath creation

in 2001 the congress and GWB cut my income tax rate to the point in which I have had an additional 30,000 to spend

If we cut the corporate tax rate 40%. we could raise the minimum wage 4.00 an hour for 20 million people
that is welath creation

I wanna see that math, personally
:cool:

that is welath creation

You're wrong on a very fundamental level. I think you know that but I can explain in case you actually don't.

1. That 30,000 would have gone elsewhere. The fact that you personally have more money doesn't mean more to the economy than if others have it. Peter and Paul and whatnot.

2. Payroll is pre-tax so the employer's taxable income is not relevant, ergo the employer's tax rate is irrelevant. Corporations generally pay as little as they can get away with in wages, hence the current climate of stagnant wages and record corporate profits.

3. Even if those 2 things weren't so, you're still making equivalent advocacy to the government paying rent, cogs, advertising, etc.

Last edited:

that is welath creation

You're wrong on a very fundamental level. I think you know that but I can explain in case you actually don't.

1. That 30,000 would have gone elsewhere. The fact that you personally have more money doesn't mean more to the economy than if others have it. Peter and Paul and whatnot.

2. Payroll is pre-tax so the employer's taxable income is not relevant, ergo the employer's tax rate is irrelevant. Corporations generally pay as little as they can get away with in wages, hence the current climate of stagnant wages and record corporate profits.

3. Even if those 2 things weren't so, you're still making equivalent advocacy to the government paying rent, cogs, advertising, etc.

1) the loss of wealth ot took to re ditrubte that wealth as well as most of it going to people who are not investing in job growth, just job status voids that thought. That welath does nothing to create if it is re distrubuted to people who are allways making the same. There not expanding anything
2) COPRPORATIONS PAY 0 TAXES, the consumer pays for it all. corporations only collect. IF U GO TO FLORIDA SND SPEND 10.00, you recipet will be for 10.60. this is because Florida has a sales tax not an income, the ferderal tax is passed on to the consumer the same way
3) No I am not. with that 30,000 I have bought a Truck and a travel tralier that created jobs. if you give that wealth to those who such as the UAW, you have destroyed that weealth and not allowed the free market to punish those who price them selves out of the market

I am not sure where people got the idea that corporations have a money tree to pay the taxes with. It is simple to take Texas or Florida, spend 10.00 and pay 10.60 (in Florida and some place 10.70) i have not googled Texases sales tax rate. You see it here, at the federal level its 25% (avg) and we do not see it, but its there just the same. This is why the 9-9-9 proposal or the flat 20 is the way we need to go

In addition if we were to pay people 12.00 an hour instead of 7.75 we would eliminate billions in wellfare and Medicare cost. All we are doing is allowing that wealth to be collected and given to those who live in poverty, either by choice or not

Now by no means do I condone we dont help people. but we can hel those who work hard to help them selves

Last edited:

that is welath creation

1) the loss of wealth ot took to re ditrubte that wealth as well as most of it going to people who are not investing in job growth, just job status voids that thought. That welath does nothing to create if it is re distrubuted to people who are allways making the same. There not expanding anything
2) COPRPORATIONS PAY 0 TAXES, the consumer pays for it all. corporations only collect. IF U GO TO FLORIDA SND SPEND 10.00, you recipet will be for 10.60. this is because Florida has a sales tax not an income, the ferderal tax is passed on to the consumer the same way
3) No I am not. with that 30,000 I have bought a Truck and a travel tralier that created jobs. if you give that wealth to those who such as the UAW, you have destroyed that weealth and not allowed the free market to punish those who price them selves out of the market

Once again, no. You personally having more money does not do more for the aggregate economy than others having money. The fact that you (claim that you) spent that 30k on a truck and travel trailer shows that you didn't use it to pay higher wages at all; you used it to buy a truck and travel trailer. Further, if the tax money had gone to, just for an example, more FBI agents, those FBI agents would collect a paycheck and buy things and "Create jobs" just the same.

OTOH, you could have avoided the tax bill altogether if you had indeed paid higher wages to employees and to yourself, because payroll. expenses. are. not. taxed.

Your logic is flawed, and you're flailing.

So since corporate taxes are in effect consumption taxes passed 100% on to the consumer, and CON$ have renamed the consumption tax the Fair Tax, why do CON$ bitch about raising the Fair Corporate Tax????? If CON$ actually believed their own crapaganda they would insist that all taxes be replaced with the Fair Corporate Tax?!!!

Damn, you folks are slow.
If corporations have to pay more corporate taxes then they ALWAYS pass that on to the consumer.
Once again, all in unison.............
ONLY PEOPLE PAY TAXES.
Do you folks believe that a corporation is some living, breathing being that has $$ from hocuspocusville?
Very disturbing that you folks have NO clue how a business is run. Corporations GET ALL THEIR MONEY by taking risks. And many corporations FAIL.
I bet big cash you folks do not know that it is PEOPLE that lose their $$$ when a corporation loses $$ one year or fails. When a corporation fails the stockholders lose ALL their $$$.
Corporations ARE PEOPLE.
Econ 101 needs to be a requirement in high school. We live in a capitalist country and you folks have NO clue how it works.
Don't like it? OK, fine, I respect that. Then move to another country. Delta is ready when you are.

So since corporate taxes are in effect consumption taxes passed 100% on to the consumer, and CON$ have renamed the consumption tax the Fair Tax, why do CON$ bitch about raising the Fair Corporate Tax????? If CON$ actually believed their own crapaganda they would insist that all taxes be replaced with the Fair Corporate Tax?!!!

If corporations have to pay more corporate taxes then they ALWAYS pass that on to the consumer.
ONLY PEOPLE PAY TAXES.
Do you folks believe that a corporation is some living, breathing being that has $$ from hocuspocusville?
Very disturbing that you folks have NO clue how a business is run. Corporations GET ALL THEIR MONEY by taking risks. And many corporations FAIL.
I bet big cash you folks do not know that it is PEOPLE that lose their $$$ when a corporation loses $$ one year or fails. When a corporation fails the stockholders lose ALL their $$$.
Corporations ARE PEOPLE.
Econ 101 needs to be a requirement in high school. We live in a capitalist country and you folks have NO clue how it works.
Don't like it? OK, fine, I respect that. Then move to another country. Delta is ready when you are.

Oh so employees who work for corporations don't pay taxes either, because they get all they're money from the employer. So only the employer pays taxes.

Loon. :cuckoo:

ONLY PEOPLE PAY TAXES.
Corporations ARE PEOPLE.

Oh so employees who work for corporations don't pay taxes either, because they get all they're money from the employer. So only the employer pays taxes.

Without the consumer there is no corporation, the consumer pays all taxes
corporations are a piece of paper
there share holders, there owners pay taxes on an individual level. They win or lose on that individual level, but they do not pay the taxes for that corporation
People pay taxes, not corporations. when the corporation collects welath from the consumer, in that rate there is a line item for all taxes

Go To Florida, buy a widget for 10.00 @ Widgets are us and you will pay 10.60 for it. There is but one entity that will end up with that 0.60. It would be the state of florida

Widgets are us only collected that 0.60 and did nothing to create it (allthough they will make a profit on it) The consumer paid it

What you idiots aren't taking into account when you compare US corporate taxes with other industrialized nations is that those nations almost invariably have a VAT tax,

which we don't.

I see, so you're saying that you can count their other embedded taxes while you can ignore ours?

Shut up. I'm saying YOU people are ignoring the fact that other nations have an additional source of revenue that our government doesn't that has to be accounted for when you compare one revenue source to another.

And YOU are ignoring that so do we. To quote you, "that has to be accounted for when you compare one revenue source to another"

Reagan did both to bankrupt this great country. He borrowed and spent like a drunken sailor AND cut taxes, which reduced revenue until he started his run of tax increases which increased revenue, which he spent even faster

Spending: Sure, it was Reagan, not Tip O'Neill.

Tax cut: Sorry, but tax revenues in dollars to government DOUBLED under Reagan in eight years. Facts are not a liberals friend, are they Ed?

Reagan did both to bankrupt this great country. He borrowed and spent like a drunken sailor AND cut taxes, which reduced revenue until he started his run of tax increases which increased revenue, which he spent even faster

Spending: Sure, it was Reagan, not Tip O'Neill.

Tax cut: Sorry, but tax revenues in dollars to government DOUBLED under Reagan in eight years. Facts are not a liberals friend, are they Ed?

lets not forget the 40 million jobs created the next 25 years from 84.
I would have no issue with Obamas bebt (not as much as I do) if we were creating 1.5-2 million jobs a year
Thats a 10 million job swing in his first 30 months
we have lost 6 million
GWB created aN AVG OF 750,000 thru 9-11, loss of N.O. so on etc....

ONLY PEOPLE PAY TAXES.
Corporations ARE PEOPLE.

After my thread on subsidies and oil companies I felt this thread has found its place in life

Companies have investors
create a product and or service
sell, provide same
collect wealth from consumer
pay releveant taxes with that wealth

Relevant tax burden goes up, cost of said product and or service does same
Or
Stock value has an event to off set burden such as lowering dividens, which in turn kowers the value of stock, costing Mr and Mrs 401k capital

ONLY PEOPLE PAY TAXES.
Corporations ARE PEOPLE.

Where did I state that dumbass?
Where did i say that employees that work for corporations pay no taxes?
You are as dumb as a box of rocks. Go back to "do you want fries with that".

ONLY PEOPLE PAY TAXES.
Corporations ARE PEOPLE.

After my thread on subsidies and oil companies I felt this thread has found its place in life

Companies have investors
sell, provide same

Or
Stock value has an event to off set burden such as lowering dividens, which in turn kowers the value of stock, costing Mr and Mrs 401k capital

Your speaking numbers with them.
They can not follow that.

Companies have investors
sell, provide same

Or

Thats scary to me, I hd no idea that we as a country had gotten,or have been this mis informed
Blaming
lying
Its scary that the simpleact of paying taxes is so confusing to the Liberal mind
anyway all we can do is try and educate them 1 at a time

Companies have investors
sell, provide same

Or

Thats scary to me, I hd no idea that we as a country had gotten,or have been this mis informed
Blaming
lying
Its scary that the simpleact of paying taxes is so confusing to the Liberal mind
anyway all we can do is try and educate them 1 at a time

I own 3 corporations. My $$ maker is one where I am the sole employee.
Every penny I pay in corporate taxes I collect from my clients and my fees reflect that.
No corporation has ever paid one cent of tax EVER that it has not collected from someone else.
The liberal believes money just grows on trees and corporations make money by stealing and pillaging.
Very easy to be a liberal when you are spending OTHER people's $$$.

Forum List

Back