Corporations pay no taxes

How does Ford pass its tax bill along to me if I never buy a Ford?

what does that have to do with the millions who do?
Do you shop?
What do your drive?
Do you have a mortage? rent?
everything is related

You need to tell us who's going to pay the 10% or so of government revenues that corporations pay in income tax,

if the corporations don't pay it.

You need to tell us who's going to pay the 10% or so of government revenues that corporations pay in income tax,

Corporations don't pay taxes, they collect them. All taxes are in fact paid by the consumers of products except the death tax.

Income tax? Paid by salary which is paid from product sales. Social Security/Medicare? The same. Investment taxes? The same.

In the end, all taxes are regressive because the poor spend the highest percent of their income. The fairest tax is actually a simple, flat tax because lowering taxes and tax overhead reduces the amount they pay. I know this is over your head, most things are. Want a cookie?

People do, when BHO states corporations need there rates to go up, we will pay for that. I have realized that there are many "conservatives" on this message board that are clueless as to who pays all taxes in this country

What harms the corporation is the tax rate is so hi, they cannot compete with corps over seas that get taxed 50-75% what we pay here

Herman Cain gets it
9-9-9 is a great idea, this will save the consumer billions

Bullshit! American corporations have the lowest tax burden of any industrialized country. You do know that tax rate and tax burden are two different things?

GRAPH: Contrary To GOP Claims, U.S. Has Second Lowest Corporate Taxes In The Developed World | ThinkProgress

It's pretty funny how a thread about corporations pops up and all of the sudden half the rightwing nuts on the forum own several corporations.

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

Envy is your life, isn't it? I do find it a little sad my real life exceeds your imagination.

I own a design company which I run. I own a restaurant which my wife runs. I do her back office work (legal, accounting, ...). She doesn't help me. We just listed the restaurant for sale because our other business is bigger, making more money and growing faster and it's wearing me out. But at least once it's gone you only have to be green eyed over that I own one business not "several." Technically I have a third corporation for a drop in childcare center. But I sold it last year and I'll be terminating the corporation next year. I kept it alive an extra year for tax reasons.

Gee, you should hang onto that restaurant. I'm sure profits will go right through the roof right after President Cain tacks a 9% additional tax on every meal you sell.

lolol

without the consumer/tax payer none of this works

It's pretty funny how a thread about corporations pops up and all of the sudden half the rightwing nuts on the forum own several corporations.

dude you need to learn to chill out. We are all Americans.

Rightwingers are as un-American as one can be and still claim the title.

That's true according to your premise that America = American government. You are a subject of America and I am a citizen because you believe Americans serve the government and I believe government serves Americans.

Corporations don't pay taxes, they collect them. All taxes are in fact paid by the consumers of products except the death tax.

Then as a business owner you shouldn't care what your corporations are taxed,

if you don't really pay the tax in the first place.

Envy is your life, isn't it? I do find it a little sad my real life exceeds your imagination.

I own a design company which I run. I own a restaurant which my wife runs. I do her back office work (legal, accounting, ...). She doesn't help me. We just listed the restaurant for sale because our other business is bigger, making more money and growing faster and it's wearing me out. But at least once it's gone you only have to be green eyed over that I own one business not "several." Technically I have a third corporation for a drop in childcare center. But I sold it last year and I'll be terminating the corporation next year. I kept it alive an extra year for tax reasons.

Gee, you should hang onto that restaurant. I'm sure profits will go right through the roof right after President Cain tacks a 9% additional tax on every meal you sell.

lolol

I see why you're defending what we have now, it's working so well...

Agreed. I care as an American who's economy is being destroyed by you.

What you idiots aren't taking into account when you compare US corporate taxes with other industrialized nations is that those nations almost invariably have a VAT tax,

which we don't.

That is classic stupidity.

What you idiots aren't taking into account when you compare US corporate taxes with other industrialized nations is that those nations almost invariably have a VAT tax,

which we don't.

I see, so you're saying that you can count their other embedded taxes while you can ignore ours?

The poster just said he doesn't pay corporate tax no matter what the tax rate is. Take it up with him.

which we don't.

I see, so you're saying that you can count their other embedded taxes while you can ignore ours?

Shut up. I'm saying YOU people are ignoring the fact that other nations have an additional source of revenue that our government doesn't that has to be accounted for when you compare one revenue source to another.

full auto is saying that the less money the consumer has, the less he can purchase the widget the corporation sells
Also @ 25% that is closest to the highest in the world. that means he/she has to charge that much more for there widget by sevice or product

The bottom line is if China has corporate income rate of X and the US has one that is much higher, they must move to China to compete. We the tax payer/consumer tax payer gets caught in the middle as we are today
There killing us

If corporations were to pay ZERO in federal income taxes, the government would lose X amount of revenue.

That X amount of revenue has to be made up somewhere else. On who? You? You want your income taxes raised so corporations can pay none??
The wingnuts will say "cut government spending." It's the GOP "starve the beast" strategy by bankrupting the country that CON$ have worshiped since St Ronnie introduced it with his tax cuts and "borrow and spend" deficits.

July 6, 2010
RUSH: It is said of Reagan -- I think it's true to a certain extent -- Reagan decided to starve the welfare state by creating deficits and spending

You are in the top 10 of un in formed people on this message board
what are you alking about?
Deficits come from spending to much, not lower taxes
If I have more money to spend, I create jobs
And you are in the top 1% of brainwashed people on this messageboard.

Reagan did both to bankrupt this great country. He borrowed and spent like a drunken sailor AND cut taxes, which reduced revenue until he started his run of tax increases which increased revenue, which he spent even faster.

Nearly all of our debt can be traced back to the GOP's cut taxes and then borrow what you spend policy initiated by Reagan. The national debt is really the "GOP Debt."

Income tax? Paid by salary which is paid from product sales. Social Security/Medicare? The same. Investment taxes? The same.

In the end, all taxes are regressive because the poor spend the highest percent of their income. The fairest tax is actually a simple, flat tax because lowering taxes and tax overhead reduces the amount they pay. I know this is over your head, most things are. Want a cookie?

Once again.

Rent. Utilities. COGS. Advertising.

Do corporations 'pay' these things? After all, the expenses are just passed on to the consumer, right? If propping up corporations so they can "Create jobs" is worth expenditure to the government, shouldn't the government provide these things for corporations as well?

The argument is ridiculous.

As it should be. People who use that corporation's product should pay the taxes for what they use. I don't smoke so why should i have to pay for the roads,bridges, court system,police, water system,sewer system,EPA,FDA and all the other commons the tabacco industry uses?

Last edited:

Forum List

Back