Corporations pay no taxes

So why do Corporations care so much about labor costs,

if they can just add them to the price of their product and pass them along?

Because the public will only pay so much for any product or service. If a business is already charging near the maximum that the market will support (which they should be doing) and the government makes it more expensive to do business by adding tax burdens something has to give and labor is the easiest thing to cut. It's easier to become more efficient and do more with less than it is to try and market a product that is too expensive for the market to bear.

That you don't know this simple fact is the reason you should stop pretending you know anything about business.

Which is exactly the point I made about taxes, which, if you could read, you would have seen, and if you could think, you would have understood, and if you could stop being a partisan clown for 30 seconds, you would have agreed with.

Corporations CANNOT simply pass the cost of taxes, OR labor, on to the consumer via higher prices.

Of course they do. That's the entire reason for outsourcing. Cheaper labor which is passed on to the consumer in the form of lower prices. The reason why Apple manufactures products in China is because Americans won't pay $3,000 for a IPod. Not just corporations, but every form of business passes on the costs of taxes and labor to their customers.

You're admitting that Apple CANNOT just pass its costs along to the consumer. That's been my point this whole thread.

Speaking of 'points' what was the point of this thread?

To end the corporate tax and simply shift that tax burden directly to you and me? Is that it? Cut the corporate tax and raise our income taxes to make up for the lost revenue?

The three of you are talking past each other. All three of you agree that if taxes are raised, a corporation cannot just raise its prices to pay for the extra tax, and that the cost has to come from elsewhere.

Last edited:
You are right but that has nothing to do with the fact that PEOPLE, not corporations, pay taxes.
Change the tax code, something Democrats do not want to do, and these tax loopholes would end over night.

Thank you for that.

You do know it is the tax code that allows this, don't you?
So you favor the Fair Tax? Good man!

The Fair Tax, or something along those lines, would be far superior to the existing system.

So why do Corporations care so much about labor costs,

if they can just add them to the price of their product and pass them along?

Because the public will only pay so much for any product or service. If a business is already charging near the maximum that the market will support (which they should be doing) and the government makes it more expensive to do business by adding tax burdens something has to give and labor is the easiest thing to cut. It's easier to become more efficient and do more with less than it is to try and market a product that is too expensive for the market to bear.

That you don't know this simple fact is the reason you should stop pretending you know anything about business.

Of course they do. That's the entire reason for outsourcing. Cheaper labor which is passed on to the consumer in the form of lower prices. The reason why Apple manufactures products in China is because Americans won't pay $3,000 for a IPod. Not just corporations, but every form of business passes on the costs of taxes and labor to their customers.

You're admitting that Apple CANNOT just pass its costs along to the consumer. That's been my point this whole thread.

To end the corporate tax and simply shift that tax burden directly to you and me? Is that it? Cut the corporate tax and raise our income taxes to make up for the lost revenue?

The three of you are talking past each other. All three of you agree that if taxes are raised, a corporation cannot just raise its prices to pay for the extra tax, and that the cost has to come from elsewhere.

No they raise prices. If prices cannot be raised because no one will pay that price for that product, they cut costs. They fire people. They close unprofitable branches. They leave the country completely. The company is being taxed beyond its ability to survive so it shrinks. If enough businesses are being taxed beyond their survival ability the entire economy contracts. Which is what we have now.

A corporation may use profits to keep going but not for long. Corporations have been known to borrow money to pay shareholders a dividend just to stop a sell off. I'm surprised that basic business practices aren't known by so many people.

No they raise prices. If prices cannot be raised because no one will pay that price for that product, they cut costs. They fire people. They close unprofitable branches. They leave the country completely. The company is being taxed beyond its ability to survive so it shrinks. If enough businesses are being taxed beyond their survival ability the entire economy contracts. Which is what we have now.

A corporation may use profits to keep going but not for long. Corporations have been known to borrow money to pay shareholders a dividend just to stop a sell off. I'm surprised that basic business practices aren't known by so many people.

If a corporation is failing, it will resort to those measures
Were talking about BHO making a speech stating taxes need to go up on corporations

Exxon is just going to pass that cost onto the consumer
It maybe done with lowering there dividen, adjust there composite rate in which they pay there employees, or raise the cost of there product
Your describing a company on trouble
bottom line the consumer is the one who is going to get harmed, be it 401ks, less monies to trickle down thru the economy, or having to pay more for there product

speaking of taxes

Focus on Exxon Profits, Skip How Government Gets More in Taxes --4/28/2006 | Media Research Center
The Tax Foundation - ExxonMobil's Record Profits -- And Record Taxes

I cannot use a better example

We already have the highest corporate tax rate in the world. Oil companies can absolutely raise prices. To them the sky is the limit in England it's $10.00 a gallon, and there are such shortages that you're lucky to get gas at any price. If obama raises taxes on gas, we'll have the same thing here. Just like we did in the 70s with Jimmy Carter.

Unfortunately, this regime has us between a rock and a hard place. No matter how much obama lies, we are still producing very little petroleum here. We are still beholden to other countries and other oil companies. The world is a much bigger place. If oil companies can't get their price here, they'll sell it in India or China. Somplace else. At least until we are punished enough to learn our lesson.

There are two ways to increase tax revenue. The most inefficient way is to raise taxes. The more efficient way is to lower taxes and increase the amount of money in circulation. Every time a dollar is spent, it's taxed. The faster money circulates through the system the more taxes are collected. Lowering taxes increases the speed at which money circulates increasing the amount of money collected in taxes.

If I were president, I'd make a world wide announcement that we were going to drill every place possible. We were going to wring out every drop of oil and flood the market with cheap US oil. Upon that announcement the price would drop overnight. Oil speculators would be facing the threat of a glut and react accordingly.

What obama is doing is sheer insanity. His intention is to make energy so painful and expensive that we will make an exhorbitant investment in trying alternative energy. Trying because every effort so far has failed. We can take only so many failures.

If I were president, I'd make a world wide announcement that we were going to drill every place possible. We were going to wring out every drop of oil and flood the market with cheap US oil. Upon that announcement the price would drop overnight. Oil speculators would be facing the threat of a glut and react accordingly.

What obama is doing is sheer insanity. His intention is to make energy so painful and expensive that we will make an exhorbitant investment in trying alternative energy. Trying because every effort so far has failed. We can take only so many failures.

And with his failures on the backs of the taxpayers/ It isn't working out so well for him either...So he throws fussfits by demonizing non-existant subsidies.

And with his failures on the backs of the taxpayers/ It isn't working out so well for him either...So he throws fussfits by demonizing non-existant subsidies.

You know his approval polls arein the low 40s
I wonder how many people know how many lies he is telling?
and how many of those who are "supporting" him are just embaressed they voted for him

You know his approval polls arein the low 40s
I wonder how many people know how many lies he is telling?
and how many of those who are "supporting" him are just embaressed they voted for him

Boggles the mind. Those that won't admit they screwed up by voting for him lack Honor.

Forum List

Back