Corporations pay no taxes

Once again you're dead wrong.... corporations build their estimated tax liabilities into their pricing structure, taxes are factored into most TCA models. I should know, I used to work in Tax Management Consulting for one of the Big 6 after college.

Your price is what people are willing to pay you for your goods or services, not what you want it to be because of your costs.

Don't pretend to be something you never were, especially when your stupidity on the subject proves you weren't.

Brother if you do not know that fixed and variable costs are the FOUNDATION of every business in determining pricing then you are lost.
How does a business stay in business if they do not factor in ALL costs in the pricing?

How much are you willing to pay for a gallon of gas? That has NOTHING to do with most businesses in America today.
How much are you willing to pay for your electricity?
For your groceries?
For your TAXES???
Taxes ARE A COST.
Under your logic I can pay only what I am willing to pay on my taxes.:cuckoo:
Give it up. You know nothing about the business world.

The claim is that corporations pay NO taxes, because they can just pass that cost along to the consumer.

That is pure horseshit.

I am all for lower taxes, but when you spout this BS.....it makes me wonder what the hell you are talking about.

What harms the corporation is the tax rate is so hi, they cannot compete with corps over seas that get taxed 50-75% what we pay here

Your price is what people are willing to pay you for your goods or services, not what you want it to be because of your costs.

Don't pretend to be something you never were, especially when your stupidity on the subject proves you weren't.

Brother if you do not know that fixed and variable costs are the FOUNDATION of every business in determining pricing then you are lost.
How does a business stay in business if they do not factor in ALL costs in the pricing?

How much are you willing to pay for a gallon of gas? That has NOTHING to do with most businesses in America today.
How much are you willing to pay for your electricity?
For your groceries?
For your TAXES???
Taxes ARE A COST.
Under your logic I can pay only what I am willing to pay on my taxes.:cuckoo:
Give it up. You know nothing about the business world.

The claim is that corporations pay NO taxes, because they can just pass that cost along to the consumer.

That is pure horseshit.

It gets passed onto the worker.

So why do Corporations care so much about labor costs,

if they can just add them to the price of their product and pass them along?

Because the public will only pay so much for any product or service. If a business is already charging near the maximum that the market will support (which they should be doing) and the government makes it more expensive to do business by adding tax burdens something has to give and labor is the easiest thing to cut. It's easier to become more efficient and do more with less than it is to try and market a product that is too expensive for the market to bear.

That you don't know this simple fact is the reason you should stop pretending you know anything about business.

Which is exactly the point I made about taxes, which, if you could read, you would have seen, and if you could think, you would have understood, and if you could stop being a partisan clown for 30 seconds, you would have agreed with.

Corporations CANNOT simply pass the cost of taxes, OR labor, on to the consumer via higher prices.

The only partisan asswipe here is you.

Nothing I said in my post was partisan.T he fact that you think it is shows your lack of depth . But then again sheep aren't known for their intelligence so I guess you can't help it.

States can impose corporate business taxes.

The Corporation Business Tax Act imposes a franchise tax on a domestic corporation for the privilege of existing as a corporation under New Jersey law, and on a foreign corporation for the privilege of having or exercising its corporate charter in this State or doing business, employing or owning capital or property, maintaining an office, deriving receipts, or engaging in contracts in New Jersey. The tax applies to all domestic corporations and all foreign corporations having a taxable status unless specifically exempt.

The tax rate is 9% upon entire net income, or the portion of entire net income allocated to New Jersey. For tax years beginning in calendar year 2002 and thereafter, the minimum Corporation Business Tax is $500 or $2,000 for all members of a controlled or affiliated group of corporations if the aggregate annual payroll for all corporations is $5 million or more. Rates for New Jersey S corporations were also changed in 2002. New Jersey S corporations with an entire net income of $100,000 or less are still subject to the minimum tax, but if entire net income exceeds $100,000, the rate for periods ending on or before June 30, 2006, is 1.33%.

NJ Division of Taxation - Corporation Business Tax Overview

States can impose corporate business taxes.

The Corporation Business Tax Act imposes a franchise tax on a domestic corporation for the privilege of existing as a corporation under New Jersey law, and on a foreign corporation for the privilege of having or exercising its corporate charter in this State or doing business, employing or owning capital or property, maintaining an office, deriving receipts, or engaging in contracts in New Jersey. The tax applies to all domestic corporations and all foreign corporations having a taxable status unless specifically exempt.

The tax rate is 9% upon entire net income, or the portion of entire net income allocated to New Jersey. For tax years beginning in calendar year 2002 and thereafter, the minimum Corporation Business Tax is $500 or $2,000 for all members of a controlled or affiliated group of corporations if the aggregate annual payroll for all corporations is $5 million or more. Rates for New Jersey S corporations were also changed in 2002. New Jersey S corporations with an entire net income of $100,000 or less are still subject to the minimum tax, but if entire net income exceeds $100,000, the rate for periods ending on or before June 30, 2006, is 1.33%.

NJ Division of Taxation - Corporation Business Tax Overview

States can impose all the taxes they want in addition to federal taxes. In CT we have a business entity tax that you have to pay whether or not your business made a profit.

We are an S-Corp and are taxed at the personal income tax rate. The whole idea that "corporations pay no taxes" is infuriating to me.

That's the nature of an S corp as a pass through entity. The problem is that people don't understand business entities or business for that matter.

Every dollar that a corporation makes is taxed eventually so in reality eliminating the corporate tax altogether won't lessen the government's revenue.

Because the public will only pay so much for any product or service. If a business is already charging near the maximum that the market will support (which they should be doing) and the government makes it more expensive to do business by adding tax burdens something has to give and labor is the easiest thing to cut. It's easier to become more efficient and do more with less than it is to try and market a product that is too expensive for the market to bear.

That you don't know this simple fact is the reason you should stop pretending you know anything about business.

Which is exactly the point I made about taxes, which, if you could read, you would have seen, and if you could think, you would have understood, and if you could stop being a partisan clown for 30 seconds, you would have agreed with.

Corporations CANNOT simply pass the cost of taxes, OR labor, on to the consumer via higher prices.

The only partisan asswipe here is you.

Nothing I said in my post was partisan.T he fact that you think it is shows your lack of depth . But then again sheep aren't known for their intelligence so I guess you can't help it.

You agreed with me. Get over it. I'm right and these other idiots are wrong.

If corporations just tack the tax rate on their profit onto the price of their goods and services,

as you people are claiming,

then if the corporate tax rate was cut from 35% to 25%, WE would all enjoy a proportionate cut in prices from those corporations?

Seriously? Use your heads.

So why do Corporations care so much about labor costs,

if they can just add them to the price of their product and pass them along?

Of course they do. That's the entire reason for outsourcing. Cheaper labor which is passed on to the consumer in the form of lower prices. The reason why Apple manufactures products in China is because Americans won't pay $3,000 for a IPod. Not just corporations, but every form of business passes on the costs of taxes and labor to their customers.

If corporations just tack the tax rate on their profit onto the price of their goods and services,

as you people are claiming,

then if the corporate tax rate was cut from 35% to 25%, WE would all enjoy a proportionate cut in prices from those corporations?

Seriously? Use your heads.

That was absolutely pathetic.

Final answer?

Of course they do. That's the entire reason for outsourcing. Cheaper labor which is passed on to the consumer in the form of lower prices. The reason why Apple manufactures products in China is because Americans won't pay $3,000 for a IPod. Not just corporations, but every form of business passes on the costs of taxes and labor to their customers.

You're admitting that Apple CANNOT just pass its costs along to the consumer. That's been my point this whole thread.

Speaking of 'points' what was the point of this thread?

To end the corporate tax and simply shift that tax burden directly to you and me? Is that it? Cut the corporate tax and raise our income taxes to make up for the lost revenue?

You're admitting that Apple CANNOT just pass its costs along to the consumer. That's been my point this whole thread.

To end the corporate tax and simply shift that tax burden directly to you and me? Is that it? Cut the corporate tax and raise our income taxes to make up for the lost revenue?

With billions in profits you demonstrate on a spread sheet how those costs were not passed on.

Your stupidity is becoming overwhelming.

Of course not. The government has to cut spending which is where our problems are coming from in the first place. It could start with stopping the use of phony green energy companies to launder political donations.

Your employer pays half of your social security contribution-FICA.

Where does he get that $$$?

a. Picks it from a tree
b. Pimps his grandmother for it
c. takes it from his weekly poker winnings
d. he charges his customers for that and that figure IS FACTORED into his costs when he sets his pricing.

With billions in profits you demonstrate on a spread sheet how those costs were not passed on.

Corporations are taxed on their profit. You're implying that a corporation can simply, at will, increase its profit to any level it wants to make up for the percent it's going to be taxed.

For example, I build a widget that costs 6 bucks to make and can be sold for 10. I have a 4 dollar per widget profit before taxes,

but taxes take 25% so I have 3 dollars per widget profit.

According to you people, I can just say, gee, I'd rather make 4 dollars than 3, so I'm going to jack up my price to 11 something.

That's nonsense because it assumes the consumer behaves the same at any price level.

Indeed... In Fizzy one's world, companies just throw products on to the market and ask the consumer what they'd be willing to pay. I guess those sticker prices were just drawn from thin air.

Astoundingly stupid indeed.

Corporations are taxed on their profit. You're implying that a corporation can simply, at will, increase its profit to any level it wants to make up for the percent it's going to be taxed.

For example, I build a widget that costs 6 bucks to make and can be sold for 10. I have a 4 dollar per widget profit before taxes,

but taxes take 25% so I have 3 dollars per widget profit.

According to you people, I can just say, gee, I'd rather make 4 dollars than 3, so I'm going to jack up my price to 11 something.

That's nonsense because it assumes the consumer behaves the same at any price level.

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Good Lord....

I have NY on ignore, let me explain how it works for him

Corporation forcast wealth.
This is what got Enron in trouble and was the event that GWB and congress gave life to Sarbanes Oaxly
The forecast drives morkey price. This is why gas is sold in futures, as other commadities are
If you miss your forecast bad you could end up in prison these days if you claim good earnings in the prior 1/4
It effects stock value, etc....

There is little guessing unless you events such as 9-11, the housing bubble collapsing, etc....

Forum List

Back