Corporation vs Government: Who Do You Trust?

And there's where the misconception is. That it is somehow fact that a consequence of pursuing the profit motive is hurting individuals. Well pretend you are a business for a second. Isn't that the most counterintuitive thing you have ever heard? Basically under that view the only way for business to do well is to minimize how much it screws people over. Well that simply isn't reality. It is in the best interest of a business, INCLUDING the profit motive, to do what is in the best interest of their customers.

That's why indentured servants in Jamestown were treated so well?

That's why slaves in the South were treated so well?

That's why the Shirtwaist Factory fire happened?

That's why companies fight to limit liability in workers accidents, injuries, and deaths?

The customers are only part of the equation, and all to often we have seen how businesses don't give a damn about that.

And you have completely ignored the legitimate needs of workers.

Your thinking is exactly why we have regulation (or attempts at regulation) from keeping you folks from screwing everybody else in the pursuit of a dollar.

You fool no one.

No... it's why we have a legal system.... where you can have your day in court

We have changed laws to make things such as slavery and indentured servitude illegal.... there is not a need for big government expansion and departments, and agencies, etc....

The needs of the workers are their personal needs... and if the company is not willing to give what they 'need' they have the freedom to go elsewhere...

You just want a momma, whether it be your biological one or the one you picture in government, to dust off your behind, hand you a popsicle, and pay for your problems when you don't feel like doing it yourself

You prove my point. Companies are about profit, not the needs of workers or customers.

So, since America is created for the liberty of the individual, then it logically follows the business is to benefit the workers and welfare of America as well as the owners.

Think of businesses as sheep that produce golden fleeces, that will be sheered periodically for the benefit of all of the workers in the employment of said golden horde.

Of course there is regulation, guys, or the owners will force the workers into a form of indentured servitude if they get their way. If they succeed at that, then put the owners against the wall, metaphorically.

So, nicely, DiamondDave, the country owes your business absolutely nothing because it provides the environment to make you rich.

That's why companies fight to limit liability in workers accidents, injuries, and deaths?

The customers are only part of the equation, and all to often we have seen how businesses don't give a damn about that.

Your thinking is exactly why we have regulation (or attempts at regulation) from keeping you folks from screwing everybody else in the pursuit of a dollar.

You fool no one.

We have changed laws to make things such as slavery and indentured servitude illegal.... there is not a need for big government expansion and departments, and agencies, etc....

The needs of the workers are their personal needs... and if the company is not willing to give what they 'need' they have the freedom to go elsewhere...

You just want a momma, whether it be your biological one or the one you picture in government, to dust off your behind, hand you a popsicle, and pay for your problems when you don't feel like doing it yourself

You prove my point. Companies are about profit, not the needs of workers or customers.

So, since America is created for the liberty of the individual, then it logically follows the business is to benefit the workers and welfare of America as well as the owners.

Think of businesses as sheep that produce golden fleeces, that will be sheered periodically for the benefit of all of the workers in the employment of said golden horde.

Of course there is regulation, guys, or the owners will force the workers into a form of indentured servitude if they get their way. If they succeed at that, then put the owners against the wall, metaphorically.

So, nicely, DiamondDave, the country owes your business absolutely nothing because it provides the environment to make you rich.

As typical Joke cannot think beyond Stage One. So it is an either/or situation to him. If companies make money then workers don't. If workers make money, then companies dont. And companies will enslave workers, who are too stupid to figure out that they can make more money working somewhere else.
Maybe that is a good description of JokeStarkey.

You fool no one.

see bold.

You fucking crazy? What universe are you living in? Last I heard a person can quit their job. On top of that, MANY companies promote more from within than accept college grads into positions of management. It is all about hard work. If you are flippin burgers for 10 years and have not even advanced up to lower management then you are in fact a failure and thats your own fucking fault.

I was a manager of a multi million dollar outlet of a fortune 500 company before I was TWENTY. Why? I networked, I impressed my boss and I impressed his boss too. I did my job, I never complained even though I started with $5.15/hr , and I went above and beyond my job description and got a pay increase of $10 in less than two years. I have since left the company to pursue college education to fulfil my dream, with an employment reference of the regional vice president that I worked in. I can get hired anywhere in retail I want pretty much. but the point is: you work hard, you get rewarded...if you feel you are not being rewarded for your efforts:THEN FIND ANOTHER FUCKING JOB. It is not hard if you make yourself hire-able.

I am sick and fucking tired of people blaming companies that sit there and give you a chance to prove yourself and work hard, get promoted, etc. for their own god damn stupidity, laziness, or just overall poor promotion material. You suck at life? Tough shit.

...ok I should cool down.

Last edited:
As it does you, as well, Rab. You don't get nothing free, son, from the workers, including their labor that makes you (hopefully) wealthy.

shintao, you really are in a world of your own my friend.

Everybody has to be somewhere. Where that is, is only a state of mind. For I can tell you how great the German worker has it compared to the overworked slaves of America in 13 Trillion debt, and your pride and arrogance keeps you grounded in ignorance. You have no vision, no hope of anything better for yourself or your family. You don't care if you work more hours away from the family you are working for, you don't care if your life is shortened by your activities, you don't care if you have less grand children, you love worrying about your retirement, you don't want 200+ freeways to blast to work, or ride bullet trains all over the country for weekend vacation with the family. Face it, you just are so fucking beat down by corporations, you would lick their shoes for a $1 raise. I pity you my friend, you are truly fucked, and it is all a state of mind.

Everybody has to be somewhere. Where that is, is only a state of mind. For I can tell you how great the German worker has it compared to the overworked slaves of America in 13 Trillion debt, and your pride and arrogance keeps you grounded in ignorance. You have no vision, no hope of anything better for yourself or your family. You don't care if you work more hours away from the family you are working for, you don't care if your life is shortened by your activities, you don't care if you have less grand children, you love worrying about your retirement, you don't want 200+ freeways to blast to work, or ride bullet trains all over the country for weekend vacation with the family. Face it, you just are so fucking beat down by corporations, you would lick their shoes for a $1 raise. I pity you my friend, you are truly fucked, and it is all a state of mind.

What? First of all, the debt is due to federal budget problems and overspending on policies that do not work. Stimulus, TARP, etc.

Second, I am anything but ignorant. If you want an intellectual debate on anything economic or history related, just say the specifics and it's game on. Just know that you will lose.

Third, How dare you presume to know me or my family.

Fourth, I have worked for corporations and I have never had any problems. (See my post higher on this page).

Fifth, You have got this so completely backward it's amazing. I'd like to meet whoever brainwashed you. They really did a good job.

It is in the best interest of a business, INCLUDING the profit motive, to do what is in the best interest of their customers.

So when they feed you poison, implant faulty pacemakers, sell roll over SUVs & BQ ford Pintos, and spend billions a year on various consumer class action court cases, they are acting in the best interest of the consumer? How does it help the consumer to have corporations out sourcing, off shoring, and paying subsidies to corporations? Talk about a warped reality, you & your gerbil are way out there in cyber space. LOL!:lol:

Oh NOOEESSSSS!!!!!11!1!1!!!!! The Evul Corporations are going to have to write off all those poisons, and faulty pace maker and Tipsy SUVS!!!!!!111!!!!!!

You need a whack with a clue stick, bub. No product or service is 100% perfect. We have legal remedies to deal with the times they aren't. No business is going to last for long in a competitive world by providing inferior or defective products.

The real result of your nanny statism is to protect those that are inferior by lowering standards to a level lobbied to regulators.

Shintao,

I think you have a chip on your shoulder because you were probably not promotion material for some company because you failed in some way, and now you want revenge for your own failure. Take responsibility for yourself. Grow the fuck up.

If you are flippin burgers for 10 years and have not even advanced up to lower management then you are in fact a failure and thats your own fucking fault.

Ooops! You just exposed one of the myths in your reality, and don't you forget it! The idea that hard work has anything to do with capitalism, is a fucking lie and a farce, and yet you preach that hard work somehow is to be rewarded. See fool!! You are lying to yourself and everybody else that shares that myth of yours.................

but the point is: you work hard, you get rewarded

How about that!! You repeated the lie again on this post!!! And you claim to be in "Reality?" LMAO!

If you are flippin burgers for 10 years and have not even advanced up to lower management then you are in fact a failure and thats your own fucking fault.

Ooops! You just exposed one of the myths in your reality, and don't you forget it! The idea that hard work has anything to do with capitalism, is a fucking lie and a farce, and yet you preach that hard work somehow is to be rewarded. See fool!! You are lying to yourself and everybody else that shares that myth of yours.................

How about that!! You repeated the lie again on this post!!! And you claim to be in "Reality?" LMAO!

To think that you have the audacity to say that capitalism has nothing to do with hard work, while advocating totalitarian control over economics is insulting to your own intelligence. Lie and a farce? I could, but I won't, give you near 100 names that I personally have met throughout my work experience that would prove you wrong and are completely happy, from MULTIPLE COMPANIES.

If hard work is not rewarded, QUIT YOUR JOB AND FIND ANOTHER THAT DOES.

If you find that you can't find a job that is rewarding you, maybe you should stop sucking at life.

How can I lie to myself when I am using myself as a source? You are fucking delusional.

You are a proponent of slavery...you do realize this?

Last edited:

It's pretty clear that all SkinnedToe is doing is parroting the babble spewed by his Comparative Multicultural Studies professor.

Shintao,

I think you have a chip on your shoulder because you were probably not promotion material for some company because you failed in some way, and now you want revenge for your own failure. Take responsibility for yourself. Grow the fuck up.

I have no chip L. But I see you are Loser who cannot refute what I say, and your crystal ball of meth has you hanging out in cyberspace dude. Personal attacks such as yours, just affirm you have been beaten down on this thread. You are playing like a child, so take your own advice and "Grow the fuck up.":lol:

Everybody has to be somewhere. Where that is, is only a state of mind. For I can tell you how great the German worker has it compared to the overworked slaves of America in 13 Trillion debt, and your pride and arrogance keeps you grounded in ignorance. You have no vision, no hope of anything better for yourself or your family. You don't care if you work more hours away from the family you are working for, you don't care if your life is shortened by your activities, you don't care if you have less grand children ("fewer" grandchildren, idiot), you love worrying about your retirement, you don't want 200+ freeways to blast to work, or ride bullet trains all over the country for weekend vacation with the family. Face it, you just are so fucking beat down by corporations, you would lick their shoes for a $1 raise. I pity you my friend, you are truly fucked, and it is all a state of mind.

It's pretty clear that all SkinnedToe is doing is parroting the babble spewed by his Comparative Multicultural Studies professor.

I am not the one claiming hard work babble means anything to climbing the ladder, bosucka, and you must have been fed a plate of Rush Mush, and running on common sense instead of a degree. I show you a lie, you show us nothing. I pity you. :lol:

Last edited:

Everybody has to be somewhere. Where that is, is only a state of mind. For I can tell you how great the German worker has it compared to the overworked slaves of America in 13 Trillion debt, and your pride and arrogance keeps you grounded in ignorance. You have no vision, no hope of anything better for yourself or your family. You don't care if you work more hours away from the family you are working for, you don't care if your life is shortened by your activities, you don't care if you have less grand children ("fewer" grandchildren, idiot), you love worrying about your retirement, you don't want 200+ freeways to blast to work, or ride bullet trains all over the country for weekend vacation with the family. Face it, you just are so fucking beat down by corporations, you would lick their shoes for a $1 raise. I pity you my friend, you are truly fucked, and it is all a state of mind.

At least he doesn't refute the post folks!!! And he can't, and it makes him sooooooo angry. I pity him.

Shintao,

I have no chip L. But I see you are Loser who cannot refute what I say, and your crystal ball of meth has you hanging out in cyberspace dude. Personal attacks such as yours, just affirm you have been beaten down on this thread. You are playing like a child, so take your own advice and "Grow the fuck up.":lol:

...i refute everything you say. have you read anything ive said to completely destroy your entire ideology? oh wait, youre a hack, you ignore logic and reason. carry on.

That wasn't his point Bodicka. He admitted that working hard made some people losers. That means your theory of hard work is bullshit. A fucking lie!!

If you find that you can't find a job that is rewarding you, maybe you should stop sucking at life.

How can I lie to myself when I am using myself as a source? You are fucking delusional.

You come into a debate that is discussing others, that is speaking of hard work making Losers, and then claim it is about you. I would say you are the one fucking delusional.

Your personal attacks are a sign you already lost the debate Bodicka. :lol:

That wasn't his point Bodicka. He admitted that working hard made some people losers. That means your theory of hard work is bullshit. A fucking lie!!

You come into a debate that is discussing others, that is speaking of hard work making Losers, and then claim it is about you. I would say you are the one fucking delusional.

Your personal attacks are a sign you already lost the debate Bodicka. :lol:

Working hard doesn't make people losers, working hard creates character and experience that is used to propel oneself into higher income. Losers, as you use, are created by the loser, them self. Like ive been saying all along, have some personal responsibility for your own inept ability to make a living in a free society. Because you fail, does not mean the system doesn't work, it simply means that you suck at it. Get better, or continue bitching and whining like a 4 year old.

...i refute everything you say.

So when I reference my work and it makes you look like a fool, will you admit you are indeed a fool? You did say you refute everything, correct? So, anyone item I have mentioned when referenced, will proof you are a fool of all mentioned items.

...i refute everything you say.

So when I reference my work and it makes you look like a fool, will you admit you are indeed a fool? You did say you refute everything, correct? So, anyone item I have mentioned when referenced, will proof you are a fool of all mentioned items.

Dude, everything I have posted in this thread completely destroys not only your argument, but your entire ideology. If you are in denial, that's fine, but the fact remains.

Forum List

Back