Corporation vs Government: Who Do You Trust?

The list of wrongs the corporations do and continue to do unfettered is staggering.

I really have no idea why RepubliCON$ feel the need to drop to their knees and blow whenever a corporation comes around.

Maybe you could provide this list.

Or explain why Corporations are somehow evil while other businesses, such as sole proprietorships, LLCs, or Partnerships are good?

Maybe you could explain why the best option to fix these problems with the corporations is to give them tax money and empower politicians to control more and more of our lives?

Or maybe why big government is a good thing when it often ends in lots of death?

To answer the OP, I would trust the government far and away above corporations, but I'll make a qualification: I would trust MY form of govt.

Having seen how your government is run, I can understand why a lot of you wouldn't trust it. In saying that, I would trust your corporations a whole lot less...

I trust my form of government: Self Government.

Anything else can get very dangerous.

There are some things that government does well and there are some things that private enterprise does well.

I certainly would not trust private enterprise to defend this country against foreign powers are terrorist. Nor would I trust private enterprise to fund and operate public institutions such as sanitariums and prisons.

I would not trust government to produce goods and service to determine the prices.

And just because a person or an entity CAN do something well, does not mean it is the job or responsibility of that person or entity to do it
It think it is pretty clear in our society that we believe the government is responsible for providing protection for it's citizens and we believe that private enterprise is responsible for providing most goods and services.

There are some things that government does well and there are some things that private enterprise does well.

I certainly would not trust private enterprise to defend this country against foreign powers are terrorist. Nor would I trust private enterprise to fund and operate public institutions such as sanitariums and prisons.

I would not trust government to produce goods and service to determine the prices.

And just because a person or an entity CAN do something well, does not mean it is the job or responsibility of that person or entity to do it
It think it is pretty clear in our society that we believe the government is responsible for providing protection for it's citizens and we believe that private enterprise is responsible for providing most goods and services.

Protection.. as in national defense.... not protection as to wipe your sniveling nose when you are crying about not having earned enough to get everything you want or need for yourself.. and not protection to just redistribute to someone the confiscated earnings of another under some masked 'charitable' action by an every expanding corrupt government, bent on nothing more than expanding it's own power

Go ahead. Please see if you can find corporate killings which exceed 169B.

Extra points for photos of corporation gas chambers, gulags, and mass graves.

Boedicca is not telling the whole sotry. Look at the balance statements of earnings for businesses those capitalistic societies, such as Hitler's Germany, that supported such activities.

Business interests in the opium trade led to the British Empire fighting a war with China.

Look at "fur wars" that ravaged native America as the Indians fought one another to control the middle man in transfer of furs to the colonists in France in the 17th and 18th centuries.

Look at the wars of the drug cartels in Mexio, Venezuela, and elsewhere.

Do not talk to me about legal and illegal business.

Bidness is Bidness, and wars create and protect money for business.

Why? What incentive would private business have to fail if put in charge of a prison for example? What motive would they have to not operate in the best interest of society at large?

Why? What incentive would private business have to fail if put in charge of a prison for example? What motive would they have to not operate in the best interest of society at large?

Because private business is interested in profit and not the best interest of society, and government is interested in service (hopefully).

Because private business is interested in profit and not the best interest of society, and government is interested in service (hopefully).

To maximize profit, society;i.e.,the marketplace; must be kept satisfied as much as possible, to get reelected, all it seems that is needed is to provide more free stuff for the most voters.

The weakness is not the market place, the parties, or the government. The American people, as a whole from laborers to owners, want a cheap fix that does not interfere with their own lives and pleasures. We as a people are in for greater difficulties if we don't straighten up.

Last edited:
Washington liberals just love people like Shintao. People who actually argue FOR being dependent on government to do everything for them. People who's reality is so warped there is no hope for them.

I feel pity for you, mired in corporate debt that your great grandchildren will be paying for long after you turn to dust. Someone who uses government daily and is the biggest hypocrite at USMB. You will have to become a rugged individual and go live in the forest with other people like you that I pity, to redeem yourself and find your station in life. Jus saying, your living the lie dude.

No on is going to convince Shintao how off base he is. No one is going to convince him to re-think the 'evil corporate america mantra'. The rest of us 'get' the relationship between individuals and corporations.

I have proven my case, and your case pitiful case is a personal attack, so you Lose, And who is "us"? You got a gerbil up your ass?

They agree to sell us something and we agree to pay for it. We pay for it because it is far easier than having to do the work to create or do the same on one's own.

So you admit to be a lazy and dependent on welfare corporations. Why didn't you just say so.:eusa_whistle:

If you don't like A you try B and if A has any brains at all they improve their product. Do you not fucking get it, how warped your notion that corporations are trying to screw people is? It isn't in their best interest to do that. That kind of reputation puts business out of business.

I get it alright, your chained to the corporation, and come running when the dogs bark.

The goal of a business is to make money. People equate that with greed. Until you look at the best way to accomplish that. Good businesses know the best way to make money is to do what people want.

Oh, they wanted to be BQed in Pintos & rolled over in SUVs. I get it!!

And there's where the misconception is. That it is somehow fact that a consequence of pursuing the profit motive is hurting individuals. Well pretend you are a business for a second. Isn't that the most counterintuitive thing you have ever heard? Basically under that view the only way for business to do well is to minimize how much it screws people over. Well that simply isn't reality. It is in the best interest of a business, INCLUDING the profit motive, to do what is in the best interest of their customers.

I feel pity for you, mired in governmental debt that your great grandchildren will be paying for long after you turn to dust.

You have not 'proven' a damn thing... re-spouting your ramblings does not constitute 'proof'

And there's where the misconception is. That it is somehow fact that a consequence of pursuing the profit motive is hurting individuals. Well pretend you are a business for a second. Isn't that the most counterintuitive thing you have ever heard? Basically under that view the only way for business to do well is to minimize how much it screws people over. Well that simply isn't reality. It is in the best interest of a business, INCLUDING the profit motive, to do what is in the best interest of their customers.

That's why indentured servants in Jamestown were treated so well?

That's why slaves in the South were treated so well?

That's why the Shirtwaist Factory fire happened?

That's why companies fight to limit liability in workers accidents, injuries, and deaths?

The customers are only part of the equation, and all to often we have seen how businesses don't give a damn about that.

And you have completely ignored the legitimate needs of workers.

Your thinking is exactly why we have regulation (or attempts at regulation) from keeping you folks from screwing everybody else in the pursuit of a dollar.

You fool no one.

That's why indentured servants in Jamestown were treated so well?

That's why slaves in the South were treated so well?

That's why the Shirtwaist Factory fire happened?

That's why companies fight to limit liability in workers accidents, injuries, and deaths?

The customers are only part of the equation, and all to often we have seen how businesses don't give a damn about that.

And you have completely ignored the legitimate needs of workers.

Your thinking is exactly why we have regulation (or attempts at regulation) from keeping you folks from screwing everybody else in the pursuit of a dollar.

You fool no one.

No... it's why we have a legal system.... where you can have your day in court

We have changed laws to make things such as slavery and indentured servitude illegal.... there is not a need for big government expansion and departments, and agencies, etc....

The needs of the workers are their personal needs... and if the company is not willing to give what they 'need' they have the freedom to go elsewhere...

You just want a momma, whether it be your biological one or the one you picture in government, to dust off your behind, hand you a popsicle, and pay for your problems when you don't feel like doing it yourself

It is in the best interest of a business, INCLUDING the profit motive, to do what is in the best interest of their customers.

So when they feed you poison, implant faulty pacemakers, sell roll over SUVs & BQ ford Pintos, and spend billions a year on various consumer class action court cases, they are acting in the best interest of the consumer? How does it help the consumer to have corporations out sourcing, off shoring, and paying subsidies to corporations? Talk about a warped reality, you & your gerbil are way out there in cyber space. LOL!:lol:

I feel pity for you, mired in governmental debt that your great grandchildren will be paying for long after you turn to dust.

You have not 'proven' a damn thing... re-spouting your ramblings does not constitute 'proof'

So we can dicount your repeated mantras as not providing proof. You are so easy....:lol:

No... it's why we have a legal system.... where you can have your day in court

So now you are admitting corporations must be regulated. You are catching on dude.

We have changed laws to make things such as slavery and indentured servitude illegal.... there is not a need for big government expansion and departments, and agencies, etc....

But wait dude!! You just told us we need courts & consumer laws for protection from corporations. What else do we need to expand in the government to protect us from these evil doers?

The needs of the workers are their personal needs...

I would have to see proof of that. You have no idea what their needs are, if any. Some jerks just want to slave away. You have a list of their needs, or just bullshitting us as you have done down this entire thread?

and if the company is not willing to give what they 'need' they have the freedom to go elsewhere...

Of course with all the corproations that moved factories and outsource, and offshore, those jobs must be pretty slim huh? I bet that most of them go elsewhere end up on your "Those Lazy Bastards" list of yours, drawing unemployment and welfare.

You just want a momma, whether it be your biological one or the one you picture in government, to dust off your behind, hand you a popsicle, and pay for your problems when you don't feel like doing it yourself

Talk for yourself, Mr. I am dependent on corporations to kiss and eat their assholes out daily like a fudge sickle, and then have government pay your way when they kick your worn out tongue out the door................

Last edited:

JokeStarkey could no more pretend to be a businessman than you could pretend to be a Catholic nun. His experience in business consists in buying lattes at Starbucks and reading about how terrible business is on Salon.com. He cannot think beyond Stage One. This is why he is "Master of the Unsubstantiated Statement."

Forum List

Back