Controversial 'Piss Christ' art back in NY

ScienceRocks

Democrat all the way!
Mar 16, 2010
The Good insane United states of America
NY Post ^ | 9/21/12

Andres Serrano’s controversial “Piss Christ” to be displayed in New York - NYPOST.com

The controversial “Piss Christ” artwork Sen. Alfonse D’Amato once branded as a “deplorable, despicable display of vulgarity,” is coming to New York, and security is being heavily ramped- up at the gallery that will show the piece. Andres Serrano’s work — a “photograph of the crucifix submerged in the artist’s urine” — first ignited controversy in 1989 when D’Amato complained to the US Senate that it was an “outrage,” an “indignity” and a “piece of trash” that had been funded by taxpayers. Serrano had won a $15,000 prize for his work, backed in part by the National Endowment for the Arts But the piece — which will be on display as part of a retrospective of the New York artist’s work at Edward Tyler Nahem gallery beginning Thursday — is still causing controversy over two decades later.

I will say it is their right to do so! I'm a Christian and I know my lord and saver is fully capable of forgiveness of even these people. It isn't worth rioting, killing or threating to take away someones rights.

Praise jesus!

I thank Jesus every day that his followers are nearly all cowed and pacified. It only took a bunch of centuries, but we finally won.

Last edited by a moderator:
Let's see how many Lives Chirtians are going to exact revenge on because they are going to be offended.

Taking any bets Jillian, come on how many will die over this, how many embassies are going to be attacked.

Come on now let's hear you prediction and then justify the killings.

• Banned
I thank Jesus every day that his followers are nearly all cowed and pacified. It only took a bunch of centuries, but we finally won.

Ken: By Request Only - Get On My Knees And Praise Jesus - YouTube

We're only doing what OUR God said we should do. It isn't up to us to judge and "retaliate"...God will take care of that in his own time. Unlike another religion that think it's their place to murder for their God.

Yeah, it only took you 19 centuries or so to learn Jesus's message.

Jesus told us what he wanted, but gave us a brain to do as we wish. On the other hand islam is all about the religion.

If we want to defend our civilization from a bunch of third world savages against jesus message of peace. Well, we sure as hell can.

NY Post ^ | 9/21/12

Andres Serrano’s controversial “Piss Christ” to be displayed in New York - NYPOST.com

The controversial “Piss Christ” artwork Sen. Alfonse D’Amato once branded as a “deplorable, despicable display of vulgarity,” is coming to New York, and security is being heavily ramped- up at the gallery that will show the piece. Andres Serrano’s work — a “photograph of the crucifix submerged in the artist’s urine” — first ignited controversy in 1989 when D’Amato complained to the US Senate that it was an “outrage,” an “indignity” and a “piece of trash” that had been funded by taxpayers. Serrano had won a $15,000 prize for his work, backed in part by the National Endowment for the Arts But the piece — which will be on display as part of a retrospective of the New York artist’s work at Edward Tyler Nahem gallery beginning Thursday — is still causing controversy over two decades later.

I will say it is their right to do so! I'm a Christian and I know my lord and saver is fully capable of forgiveness of even these people. It isn't worth rioting, killing or threating to take away someones rights.

Praise jesus!

I'll grab my rocket propelled grenades and meet you at the closet movie theater. We'll use the 8:00 "showing" as cover. Obama will have our backs.

We're only doing what OUR God said we should do. It isn't up to us to judge and "retaliate"...God will take care of that in his own time. Unlike another religion that think it's their place to murder for their God.

Yeah, it only took you 19 centuries or so to learn Jesus's message.
And you are still fooled by satan.

I just noticed your signature. She's a real winner isn't she. You can't make this stuff up.

Christianity Helped form the environment that built western civilization that invented that computer and electricy you enjoy. Thank Jesus!:eusa_boohoo:

Western civilization invented electricity?
Learn history. Not invented though, discovered.

Bereta304 Jiliian actually comes up with great arguments against the Right. I'll give her credit for that

Bereta304 Jiliian actually comes up with great arguments against the Right. I'll give her credit for that

You certainly are entitled to your opinion. I haven't witnessed much of it. You can't make much of a point in two three word sentences .

It's Bush's fault.

and

You're a rightwingnut.

Isn't much of a point to me. It's the very foundation of her every reply.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back