Pope Francis Welcomes ‘Piss Christ’ Artist in Vatican

The globalists caused this. A slow infection over years, decades and centuries is coming to a nasty result. When I was a child in the 1960's Catholic school students were half the children along with the public schools in the city. This was true in other cities also. Then Vatican 2 and the great changeover occurred in the early 1970's. God was killed in England at least a decade before that. And died with us in that era. From my education, I can say Joe is a fraud Catholic. So are many Prog priests and adherents. Yet there are people who have graduated from the same school, I have who are Progs in views. That is until they are tested in any way. And that is for all of us.

Here's the problem, guy. Other than their outdated positions on birth control, the Catholic Church has always been kind of progressive.

Globalism is inevitable. We live in an increasingly interconnected world, and we are better off for it.

Interesting. It is always fascinating the people who claim to be religious but have no concept of the faith they express reverence and fidelity towards.

The entire point of Christianity is love, forgiveness, and charity. Pope John Paul visited the man who had tried to assassinate him and forgave the man. Love and forgiveness are the cornerstones of the faith. From the Lords Prayer. Forgive us our trespasses as we forgive those who trespass against us.

The point is we are all sinners seeking forgiveness and we can expect none of we show none.

I have no heartburn with the Pope showing love and forgiveness towards anyone. I have no problem treating people with respect and dignity. Isn’t it the Golden Rule? Do unto others as you would have them do unto you? Treat them as you would wish to be treated. Even if they don’t, it cost you nothing to be decent and honorable.

ROME — Pope Francis stunned the faithful this weekend when he welcomed some 200 avant-garde artists in the Sistine Chapel, including photographer Andres Serrano, creator of the controversial “Piss Christ” work showing a crucifix submerged in a glass of urine.

26 June 2023

You are WRONG

to call him Pope

The Vatican stopped being Catholic 65 years ago. See my other posts/threads for more information.. or visit novusordowatch

rainbowpope.png

What's sad is, I dunno if the picture is real or not
It hardly matters.

we know where he's coming from

I hope he repents before it becomes a problem: where he is headed, if you know what I mean...

That's an easy one. Their own believers.
If anyone is interested in being saved, they can ask.

There was a song that a friend of mine found offensive before we talked. A comedian sang the song First Baptist Bar and Grill.

He was Baptist and found it offensive.

I pointed out to him that Jesus didn’t seek out the faithful. Jesus spent time with the Sinners. Seeking out the Sinners to help them, show them love and compassion. Forgiveness.

It is jokingly called preaching to the Choir. They already believe. You aren’t going to convince them. The rest who don’t would be worthy of your attention and time.

ROME — Pope Francis stunned the faithful this weekend when he welcomed some 200 avant-garde artists in the Sistine Chapel, including photographer Andres Serrano, creator of the controversial “Piss Christ” work showing a crucifix submerged in a glass of urine.

26 June 2023
What's the barometer for the required level of outrage for this? Because it seems outrageous! :eek:

Here's a real fcking loon..

Dem slammed for saying abortion is consistent with Catholic faith: 'Go to confession'

I guess you never heard that Judge Not bit.

Perhaps you heard the greatest commandment.

26 June 2023

Did God not create Andres Serrano then?

The fake pope didn't "stun the faithful"

the Faithful have known for a LONG time he is not real

a heretic

and no heretic can ever be pope. That is in (true) Catholic teaching... no longer acknowledged, much less practiced in the fake Vatican

I don’t always agree with the Pope but as a Catholic and a Conservative, I support what the Pope is doing…. He is doing what Jesus would do. I’d hear what the man has to say. If there are anger issues, I would seek out a path to change his heart.

As appalled as I am when I hear of artists doing works such as this or a statue of the Blessed Mother covered in elephant shit, I don’t get angry or annoyed at these people like I do the hypocrite liberals who expect taxpayer-funded entities like the National Endowment for the Arts to support these works or the liberal pontiffs who lose their shit over a blasphemous depiction of Mohammed but not Christ covered in urine.

Good for the pope. The church shouldn't be turning people away.

Forum List

Back