Consumer Warrior: Modern Merlin

Abishai100

VIP Member
Sep 22, 2013
The Open-Door immigration philosophy flourishing under the administration of U.S. President Teddy Roosevelt (1901-1909) changed the way North Americans conceived of commerce and confluence and was linked to the development of relevant infrastructures such as the Transcontinental Railroad (under the Pacific Railroad Acts).

This sort of 'confluence greasing' for the purposes of commerce catalyzed immigration reforms paved the way for future global free market 'exchanges' between industry powers such as Chrysler (USA) and Nissan (Japan).

Today, we see the proliferation of countless American (e.g., iPod) and Japanese (e.g., Sony mobile phones) consumer electronics across the globe and the resultant 'culture-exchange mercantile couture' such as karaoke (lip-syncing music-play technology) device sales in both Japan and America.

Perhaps it is the 'consumerism-convenience' modern geo-political culture that makes BLT Burger King sandwiches popular in both Japan and America and Tekka-tuna sushi eateries popular in both Japan and America. Regardless, mercantilism and consumerism have changed 'cultural salutations' and arguably multiculturalism.

This is why the 'new age humanism competitive lingo' involves the comparison of consumer goods.

For example: HD-DVD vs. Blu-ray, BLT vs. sushi, iPad vs. Tablet, Xfinity vs. FiOS, Nokia vs. Motorola, Ford Motors vs. Saab motors, etc., etc., etc.

This makes me think that the new Paul Bunyan is perhaps Video-Man!

I want to get a karaoke-machine for my birthday and sing "I've been workin' on the railroad!" with my nephew!

====

NOKIA: Our mobile phones are more savvy.
MOTOROLA: Our mobile phones changed the market!
NOKIA: We make better phones now.
MOTOROLA: We paved the way for modern mobile technologies.
NOKIA: Americans make Apple Computers, Duracell batteries, Burger King restaurants, and Motorola phones!
MOTOROLA: So?
NOKIA: Finland invented the sauna, the dish-drying cupboard, and Fiskars thick-handle scissors.
MOTOROLA: I still don't see your point...
NOKIA: It's all about design in the era of consumerism, and Nokia phones today outclass yours (in design!).
MOTOROLA: Are you trying to start a 'language-war'?
NOKIA: I'm just being a 'Devil's Advocate.'
MOTOROLA: Functionality is more important than design...
NOKIA: I think Ray Kroc would disagree with you.
MOTOROLA: McDonald's represents convenience, not glamour.

====

Karaoke (Wikipedia)

vms.jpg

The Colored Glass

====

GOD: Americans like Starbucks and MTV.
SATAN: They also like Facebook now.
GOD: People Magazine promotes multiculturalism.
SATAN: Only when we see beautiful ethnic minority celebrities (e.g., Vanessa Williams, Michelle Obama, Denzel Washington).
GOD: What about attractive ethnic minority athletes (e.g., Gabriela Sabatini, David Justice, etc.)?
SATAN: People think of athletes as pure performance-artists, not civil servants or 'gladiators.'
GOD: Well, ethnic minority youngsters dream of college scholarships based on athletic talent.
SATAN: Yeah, but when you see Vanessa Williams in Playboy Magazine, you start to think capitalism is 'convenience.'
GOD: Have you noticed how all the legendary American bank-robbers are all Caucasian (e.g., Bonnie and Clyde, etc.)?
SATAN: Yes, also most Hollywood (USA) films about bank-robbers present Caucasians as its main characters (e.g., Heat).
GOD: You never ask questions like, "Is Jason Voorhees African-American?"
SATAN: That's because monsters/psychos are considered anti-social to all cultural groups!
GOD: They should market American horror films as symbolic of 'modern democracy'!
SATAN: That would be clever if people respected cinema as an art medium to discuss/contemplate human virtue.
GOD: Maybe Planet Hollywood 'culture' can at least inspire people to think about fertility.
SATAN: Well, women do like shopping...

====

v.jpg

Forum List

Back