consumer confidence surges

Consumer confidence numbers matter BIG TIME..

You people will lie about ANYTHING

OK, so some fringe dudes saw the writing on the wall that year and you think this is a prediction? That's just common sense. Anyone paying attention saw it was going to happen that year in the months leading into it.

Ron Paul and Peter Schiff, had been howling about it since 2003 and were labeled cooks and crack pots.

I predict I'm going to take a shit in the next 20 minutes. I'm sure i'll be right.

Your link, your link, why has it forsaken you...

But confidence is still far below what’s typically seen in a healthy economy. And Americans’ mood could sour again if they start to feel more nervous if the debt crisis in Europe deepens and spreads to the U.S. On top of that, shoppers still face big obstacles — higher costs on household basics and a still-slumping housing market.

It seems you didn't read the entire article.

Again.

How does this article not say what it itself claims it says in the articles headline?

You just live in a fantasy land

Because the headline says consumers feel better, but the article contradicts that by pointing out that consumers still have obstacles, and the economy is far below what is seen as healthy.

And another little thing about your article. Why did they not reveal how many people were surveyed, where they did the survey, and the percentages of responses???

why do you think consumer confidence moving higher and the economy still having room to grow are mutually exclusive?

OK, so some fringe dudes saw the writing on the wall that year and you think this is a prediction? That's just common sense. Anyone paying attention saw it was going to happen that year in the months leading into it.

Ron Paul and Peter Schiff, had been howling about it since 2003 and were labeled cooks and crack pots.

I predict I'm going to take a shit in the next 20 minutes. I'm sure i'll be right.

and their solution was LESS regulation which is NOT the solution

because they listed the group who did the survey and you can go look it up

Consumer confidence was 108 in 2007.

Food for thought...consumers don't know jack.

Their spending IS where the recovery will come from you fool

No it isn't you tool.
It is unchecked spending that created this mess.
These are the same consumers whose over confidence spent money like a bunch of wild monkeys as if the lottery was in their future any day now.
The economy, long-term, needs consumers to save money.

The recovery we see now is only temporary, despite your daily links.

Answer this one TM....what has the government been doing with the Social Security surplus since the 1990's?
What is going to happen with the social security surplus in 2017?
What is going to happen to it by 2020?
How does this affect our nations debt?

At the same time, what are the future predictions for Medicare A,B and D outlays...specifically by 2020?

With the surplus eliminated and a quite alarming Medicare/aid future expenses just around the corner...you think this recovery is going to last?

Get a clue. You best be saving as much money as you can.

wow a fool who thinks consumer spending doesnt drives the economy

Consumer confidence surges in December as shoppers feel better about US economy - The Washington Post

Economists watch confidence numbers closely because consumer spending — including items like health care — accounts for about 70 percent of U.S. economic activity.

Americans have more reason to be optimistic. The economy has produced at least 100,000 new jobs for five months in a row, the longest such streak since 2006. The number of people applying for unemployment benefits has dropped to the lowest level since April 2008.

Gee, i wonder if their survey took this into account?
People who rushed to snag discounts on TVs, toys and other gifts are quickly returning them for much-needed cash. The shopping season started out strong for stores, but it looks like the spending binge has given way to a holiday hangover.

"When the bills come in and the money isn't there, you have to return," says Jennifer Kersten, 33, of Miami. She spent $300 the day after Thanksgiving on books, movies and clothes for her nephews. Last week she returned half of it.

Returns are expected to reach $217 billion, up 14% from last year.

Mish's Global Economic Trend Analysis: Buyer's Remorse; Record Volume of Returns Before Christmas; $217 Billion Returns Expected, Up 14%

why do you think consumer confidence moving higher and the economy still having room to grow are mutually exclusive?
Two things we should be able to clear up here. One is that consumer sentiment is in fact important because it grows as economic activity increases. The other is that consumer sentiment--
umichconsnt.png

--is down at levels seen only during sever economic chaos.

Forum List

Back