consumer confidence surges

You are pretending the consumer confidence numbers mean nothing.

Its you who are lying here

Your link, your link, why has it forsaken you...

But confidence is still far below what’s typically seen in a healthy economy. And Americans’ mood could sour again if they start to feel more nervous if the debt crisis in Europe deepens and spreads to the U.S. On top of that, shoppers still face big obstacles — higher costs on household basics and a still-slumping housing market.

It seems you didn't read the entire article.

Again.

why do you say that?

I didnt claim the economy was perfect did I.

I posted an article that showed consumer confidence growing.

You start the thread chortling and cackling about increased spending in the Christmas shopping month of December, yet you leave out the parts that effect consumers year-round.

Why did you do that?

its an article about an AP survey,

Arelyou claiming the AP is lying?

"Economists Predict". Enough said.

None of them could manage to see the 2008 bubble, with the exception of a few loud Austrian Economic scholars, and you think they now hold the key to predicting that we're on the upswing, because the CCI for the holliday months increased?

Awesome. :lol:

Again.

why do you say that?

You start the thread chortling and cackling about increased spending in the Christmas shopping month of December, yet you leave out the parts that effect consumers year-round.

Why did you do that?

where does the article say what you claim?

We have a quote function.... Use it.

From your own article....

But confidence is still far below what’s typically seen in a healthy economy. And Americans’ mood could sour again if they start to feel more nervous if the debt crisis in Europe deepens and spreads to the U.S. On top of that, shoppers still face big obstacles — higher costs on household basics and a still-slumping housing market.

“This is encouraging. It’s good to be talking about improvement,” said Mark Vitner, an economist at Wells Fargo. “But there is still a lot of room for trouble.”

The New York-based Conference Board said Tuesday that its Consumer Confidence Index rose almost 10 points to 64.5 in December, up from a revised 55.2 in November. Analysts had expected 59. The level is close to the post-recession peak of 72, reached in February.

This just shows that the level is still pathetically low. Up from abysmal. Don't get me wrong, up is good. I like the idea of a healthier economy. It means jobs and I want one.

We are pretty much in the position of the citizens of London in June of 1941. the nightmare is over, but things aren't what you could really call good.

I would be delighted to see we have achieved the morning after. But we still need alka seltzer and tylenol to help us get moving.
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_KClpLzFftU"]Morning after.[/ame]

"Ecomonists Predict". Enough said.

None of them could manage to see the 2008 bubble, with the exception of a few loud Austrian Economic scholars, and you think they now hold the key to predicting that we're on the upswing, because the CCI for the holliday months increased?

Awesome. :lol:

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!

your lying

You are pretending the consumer confidence numbers mean nothing.

Its you who are lying here

Stop talking to yourself

Christmas The Worst Time Of Year For Credit Cards

History has shown that mortgages and credit cards are the two major issues when it comes to bankruptcy filings. The two areas where credit cards cause problems is the Christmas-New Year spending, and the use of credit cards for spending on day-to-date requirements due to other credit issue

Christmas The Worst Time Of Year For Credit Cards

why do you say that?

Why did you do that?

where does the article say what you claim?

In my post that you quoted, paint chip eater.

You know, the lines I bolded and colored blue.

it says nothing about christmas time numbers meaning nothing like you claimed

Again.

How does this article not say what it itself claims it says in the articles headline?

You just live in a fantasy land

it says nothing about christmas time numbers meaning nothing like you claimed

Christmas time is the big spending time of the year that is a fact, people will spend money they don't have for Christmas gifts.

People will spend money on their pets at the vet even if they don't have the money to spend.

Forum List

Back