consumer confidence surges

tell us all how increasing consumer confidence is a bad sign again?

the right really doesnt want good economic news and will do anything to refute it

Sure we do, we just understand that the reality of the matter is Obama's foolish and failed policies won't accomplish that, hence it won't get better until he vacates the Presidency on January 2013.

tell us all how increasing consumer confidence is a bad sign again?

Tell us all how Christmas holiday spending is a sign of increased confidence again.

And while you're at it, tell us all how a record $217 billion dollars in returned gifts shows increased confidence.

The number is not about how well people like their christmas presents

Economy Shrinks With Consumers Leading the Way - NYTimes.com

Whoever captures the White House seems certain to inherit a starkly challenging economic picture. The economy began slipping in the last three months of 2007, dipping at a 0.2 percent annual rate. Then it grew modestly for six months, aided by tax rebate checks, but has since succumbed anew to slowdown.

Consumer spending — which makes up more than 70 percent of American economic activity — dipped at a 3.1 percent annual rate between July and September, after growing at a 1.2 percent annual rate in the previous three months.

Last edited:

Whoever captures the White House seems certain to inherit a starkly challenging economic picture. The economy began slipping in the last three months of 2007, dipping at a 0.2 percent annual rate. Then it grew modestly for six months, aided by tax rebate checks, but has since succumbed anew to slowdown.

Consumer spending — which makes up more than 70 percent of American economic activity — dipped at a 3.1 percent annual rate between July and September, after growing at a 1.2 percent annual rate in the previous three months.

Published: October 30, 2008

So what does this 3 year old article from The New York Slimes do to prove your case?? :dunno:

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

consumer pull back had a big part in causing this mess.

Published: October 30, 2008

So what does this 3 year old article from The New York Slimes do to prove your case?? :dunno:

Haha!!
See??
This is what she does. She googles something or another...scans an article that seems to make a point she agrees with...and links it.

If I had the time - it would be hilarious to make a thread showing all of the links she has posted that actually showed the opposite of what she thought, years old articles etc. etc.

The deal is TDM is a believer that the messiah will be re elected. In order for that to happen, folks need to believe that he is doing a good job.

Consumer confidence increasing increases the chance that the average voter will line up for their cool aid next november. Low consumer confidence means they might be desperate enough to choose anything else.

So when consumer confidence goes from horrible to very bad, she rejoices. This means things are getting better. Obama can sell his Kool Aid.

I rejoice as well. I need an improved economy. I am fond of eating.

TDM rightly fears that if the economy is too pathetic, there will be no customers for the Obama flavor of Kool aid. I feel that it will be a hard sell for the One no matter what happens to the economy. The people are getting tired of him and his perpetual cry of "its not my fault., but it is my glory."

I have very high hopes that whatever happens over the next 10 months, next year the Economy will be someone else's problem, not Obama's.

What's amusing to me, TM is that people like you think an anemic recovery four YEARS after the recession began is something to crow about. The economy should have rebounded long ago but the policies of this Administration have dampened that recovery to what we have now. The public is feeling better about the economy? I really don't know why. Could it be that the economy has been SO bad for SO long that even the smallest good news makes people's hope's rise?

Forum List

Back