consumer confidence surges

Consumer confidence - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Consumer confidence is an economic indicator which measures the degree of optimism that consumers feel about the overall state of the economy and their personal financial situation. How confident people feel about stability of their incomes determines their spending activity and therefore serves as one of the key indicators for the overall shape of the economy. In essence, if the economy expands causing consumer confidence to be higher, consumers will be making more purchases. On the other hand, if the economy contracts or is in bad shape, confidence is lower, and consumers tend to save more and spend less. A month-to-month diminishing trend in consumer confidence suggests that in the current state of the economy most consumers have a negative outlook on their ability to find and retain good jobs.

Wiki? oh boy :eusa_whistle:

The gold standard source for paint chip eaters like Truthie. :lol:

indeed:eusa_clap:

The New York-based Conference Board said Tuesday that its Consumer Confidence Index rose almost 10 points to 64.5 in December, up from a revised 55.2 in November. Analysts had expected 59. The level is close to the post-recession peak of 72, reached in February.

Gee I dont think another debt ceiling fiasco will be very smart of the right to try again

So you think wiki is lying about consumer confidence numbers and what they mean?

The New York-based Conference Board said Tuesday that its Consumer Confidence Index rose almost 10 points to 64.5 in December, up from a revised 55.2 in November. Analysts had expected 59. The level is close to the post-recession peak of 72, reached in February.

Gee I dont think another debt ceiling fiasco will be very smart of the right to try again

Yes spending is up

One third of bankruptcies filed in March site overspending at Christmas

The average American spends 40% more then they earn

MOMdotCOM.net: The Bold Truth About Christmas Spending and Debt

Your link, your link, why has it forsaken you...

But confidence is still far below what’s typically seen in a healthy economy. And Americans’ mood could sour again if they start to feel more nervous if the debt crisis in Europe deepens and spreads to the U.S. On top of that, shoppers still face big obstacles — higher costs on household basics and a still-slumping housing market.

It seems you didn't read the entire article.

Again.

Your link, your link, why has it forsaken you...

But confidence is still far below what’s typically seen in a healthy economy. And Americans’ mood could sour again if they start to feel more nervous if the debt crisis in Europe deepens and spreads to the U.S. On top of that, shoppers still face big obstacles — higher costs on household basics and a still-slumping housing market.

It seems you didn't read the entire article.

Again.

why do you say that?

I didnt claim the economy was perfect did I.

I posted an article that showed consumer confidence growing.

THE CCI uses base statistical data to try and predict future events. The methods invoked remind me of numerical alchemy and can be taken as arbitrary, at best.

Exactly. Confidence only goes so far when you're racing to the bottom. Both the US gov. and a large majority of its population are in debt. This speaks volumes of wealth creation and consumer confidence. Who knows, maybe people have lost all confidence and are now just going to spend themselves into oblivion as the fears of an outright economic collapse lingers. How's that for arbitrary data?

MOMdotCOM.net

jesus your desperate
It's funny you can good to just about any financial source and they all say about the same thing

Here are some facts about Christmas Spending and Debt:
The average person spends just under $1,200 over the holidays – including food, gifts and travel
At least 23% of that was paid for by credit card
6 million people borrow to pay for Christmas each year
When paying by credit card, people tend to spend 112% more than if paying with cash
A minimum monthly payment is usually 90% interest, 10% principal
One third of bankruptcies filed in March site overspending at Christmas
Christmas Spending And Debt | Christmas on Cash

The average person spends nearly $1,200 during the holiday season and at least 23% of it is put right on a credit card. In fact, estimates show that people spend 112% more when they pay with plastic, as opposed to cash.

Christmas Debt Statistics | Bigger Bank Account

Forum List

Back