Conservative Take Heart!

Nope, I, am old enough to remeber and there was not talk of a mandate, other then winning.

Isn't there some quote about 'spending his political capital' suggesting that he thought he had a mandate?

Ah, here it is
""The people made it clear what they wanted," he said. "I earned capital in the campaign, political capital, and I intend to spend it."

Exactly, it's possible he himself didn't use the actual word "mandate", but he isn't everybody either. The fanboys were going wacky.

USA Today headlined a Nov. 4 story “Clear Mandate Will Boost Bush’s Authority, Reach,” which said that Bush “will begin his second term with a clearer and more commanding mandate than he held for the first.” (The first being when he lost the popular vote to Al Gore.) The Boston Globe asserted that Bush’s victory grants him “a clear mandate to advance a conservative agenda over the next four years,” while MSNBC’s Chris Matthews insisted, “To me the big story is the president’s mandate. The president has a mandate.”
The media gives Bush a mandate - Salon.com

I know, it sucks.

The worst, stupidest, most incompetent, anti-American Scumbag President has been reelected along with his certifiable running mate. He watched a terror attack unfold on the anniversary of 9/11, then jet off to a fund raiser only to come back and lie to us about it. Further, he's on a mission to "transform" America -- into something we won't recognize.

He hates success, loves dependency and his illiterate loser followers go, "yeah wuss wrong wid dat?" (that's my Rdean imitation)

I want you to remember two things: first the Jews have had it much, much worse than we ever did; they lost their entire homeland and nation, but because they held their faith, they outlasted all those who "conquered" them. Sure, some Jews listened to their Jake Starkey's ("Oh, come on! We should be more Bablyonian...Egyptian...Roman...let's Goosestep! Hitler won and we need to be more like him!") No, thanks

We'll stick to our principles. They're what set us apart. We believe in freedom, individuality and doing things for ourselves. It's fun. We're not trading it for an Obamaphone.

And as bad as things are, it could be worse: we could be Democrats, losers who have completely given up on life and have Obama as Head of Household and Lord and Savior.
Whining racists like you lost the election. Food for thought, Frances.

I know, it sucks.

The worst, stupidest, most incompetent, anti-American Scumbag President has been reelected along with his certifiable running mate. He watched a terror attack unfold on the anniversary of 9/11, then jet off to a fund raiser only to come back and lie to us about it. Further, he's on a mission to "transform" America -- into something we won't recognize.

He hates success, loves dependency and his illiterate loser followers go, "yeah wuss wrong wid dat?" (that's my Rdean imitation)

I want you to remember two things: first the Jews have had it much, much worse than we ever did; they lost their entire homeland and nation, but because they held their faith, they outlasted all those who "conquered" them. Sure, some Jews listened to their Jake Starkey's ("Oh, come on! We should be more Bablyonian...Egyptian...Roman...let's Goosestep! Hitler won and we need to be more like him!") No, thanks

We'll stick to our principles. They're what set us apart. We believe in freedom, individuality and doing things for ourselves. It's fun. We're not trading it for an Obamaphone.

And as bad as things are, it could be worse: we could be Democrats, losers who have completely given up on life and have Obama as Head of Household and Lord and Savior.

You do?

Since when?

That’s certainly not the case with privacy rights, same-sex couples’ rights, and immigrant rights.

Or do you only believe in freedom and individuality for those who aren’t ‘different.’

True... If only I were trying to.

I gave up on you guys a while ago.

Just to clarify though.... Which party voted to take God off the platform?

I'm not the problem bub. :thup:

I don't care who does what with their belief or non-belief in a god. That shit has absolutely no place in politics or Government operations, regardless of how much people try to inject it in as if it's significant.

So basically, you are saying morality has no place in politics, right?

Well, looking at our legislative, judicial and executive branches of government, you seem to be having your way and look where that has got us.

Immie

you dont need to be religious to be moral.

I know, it sucks.

gop-quit-crying9.jpg

A-box-of-tissues-001.jpg

I know, it sucks.

YaLL NON racists better get up off yo fat asses and get a job, the rich don't have enough money to pay for all the free shit you want. :D

I know, it sucks.

YaLL NON racists better get up off yo fat asses and get a job, the rich don't have enough money to pay for all the free shit you want. :D

I'll remember to apologize to my boss on Monday. :razz:

I know, it sucks.

Shaddup you beaaaaaaaaaatch! I'm still on my Willow high, don't bring me down.

True... If only I were trying to.

I gave up on you guys a while ago.

Just to clarify though.... Which party voted to take God off the platform?

I don't care who does what with their belief or non-belief in a god. That shit has absolutely no place in politics or Government operations, regardless of how much people try to inject it in as if it's significant.

Well, looking at our legislative, judicial and executive branches of government, you seem to be having your way and look where that has got us.

Immie

these the same morals from religion that let Priests touch kids? Or how about ones that preach death to infidels? Or should we go examine the countless theocracies that have failed, or the blending of state and government that has failed over time, to show you that how worthless your argument really is?

If religion was really this great and wonderful thing, then those things listed above shouldnt of happened. Religion doesn't help people become better moral people. It doesnt set a foundation in people for people to live a good life by( yes par the example of a few who do).

If someone wants to be moral they decide that. Religion or no religion it really doesn't matter.

We have a seperation of church and state because Religion can be bias towards themselves, were as secular is not. Everyone should be equal in the eyes of the law.

The fact that people like you have such a hard time grasping such a simple concept and logic is astounding.

Immie

these the same morals from religion that let Priests touch kids? Or how about ones that preach death to infidels?

Ah, yes......

bible_block.jpg

I know, it sucks.

Thanks for the sentiment, but we're beyond that.

The economy is going to collapse. Obamacare, massive and increased spending, loss of jobs, businesses and homes, a president that wants to punish America to fulfill the dreams of his father. the best thing that could happen right now is that the whole thing falls apart sooner than later, get it over with and rebuild.

Gonna remind you and Grampa about these kinds of predictions a couple years down the road.

I know, it sucks.

Thanks for the sentiment, but we're beyond that.

The economy is going to collapse. Obamacare, massive and increased spending, loss of jobs, businesses and homes, a president that wants to punish America to fulfill the dreams of his father. the best thing that could happen right now is that the whole thing falls apart sooner than later, get it over with and rebuild.

Gonna remind you and Grampa about these kinds of predictions a couple years down the road.

.....And, the Mods will put it.....

handjob.gif

Immie

you dont need to be religious to be moral.

Point was that the people America is electing that you guys seem to think are so damned moral have put this nation on the brink of being flushed down the toilet. If you guys think these morons are moral... then please start electing immoral people... oh wait, you gave us Nancy Pelosi and Barack Obama, and Republicans wanted to give us Romney... God Help Us.

Immie

Immie

these the same morals from religion that let Priests touch kids? Or how about ones that preach death to infidels? Or should we go examine the countless theocracies that have failed, or the blending of state and government that has failed over time, to show you that how worthless your argument really is?

If religion was really this great and wonderful thing, then those things listed above shouldnt of happened. Religion doesn't help people become better moral people. It doesnt set a foundation in people for people to live a good life by( yes par the example of a few who do).

If someone wants to be moral they decide that. Religion or no religion it really doesn't matter.

We have a seperation of church and state because Religion can be bias towards themselves, were as secular is not. Everyone should be equal in the eyes of the law.

The fact that people like you have such a hard time grasping such a simple concept and logic is astounding.

I can't help the fact that you were unable to grasp the concept of what I said.

Once again, I said nothing at all about religious morality. I said the morons you keep giving us that you think are so damned moral have royally screwed up this nation and things are getting much worse.

Not my fault you can't figure out that your gods are worse than wolves in a hen house.

Immie

Forum List

Back