Conservative Take Heart!

Surely you can see why it appeared that you were insinuating religion is the only path to morality with your initial reply to my post. I also hope it's apparent to you that a devoutly religious potus doesn't equate to success and prosperity.

As to the part in bold, I'd like for you to consider what that reads like to someone not in your position and how it's comparable to an atheist calling a Christian a moron for believing.

It's pompous imo.

No, it did not appear that I was insinuating religion is the only path to morality. Didn't even come close to saying that. I said, that the idiots that you guys worship and have elected are screwing up this country. I said nothing at all about religion in my response to you.

Sorry, if you can't get that through your head.

And, as for the bolded part being "pompous" in your opinion, I don't give a shit. You're welcome to join us. All of you are.

Immie

Good, at least I know I don't have to be nice now.

Listen tard, when I made the comment that religion has no place whatsoever in politics, your immediate reply was to conclude that I'm suggesting that morality has no place in politics. I'm not a mathematician, but it's pretty damn clear what you were inferring, and playing stupid now doesn't change it, despite the incredible effort you're putting in.

And, to end with more about the part in bold...no thanks, pompousness isn't an endearing quality.
Tell that to the pompous in chief obamaturd.

Good, at least I know I don't have to be nice now.

Listen tard, when I made the comment that religion has no place whatsoever in politics, your immediate reply was to conclude that I'm suggesting that morality has no place in politics. I'm not a mathematician, but it's pretty damn clear what you were inferring, and playing stupid now doesn't change it, despite the incredible effort you're putting in.

And, to end with more about the part in bold...no thanks, pompousness isn't an endearing quality.

Listen Collum,

I've never been rude to you and I don't expect to start now.

You said that shit doesn't belong in politics and the discussion was about morality. I commented about the lack of morality in politics and THE FACT that you seem to think that morality has no place in politics. That is exactly what I think is wrong with this country today. You guys welcome crooks and theives into national politics and you do nothing but laugh when they get caught. It is time we quit laughing and throwing their asses out of Washington.

I specifically mentioned morality and said nothing at all about religion. As a Christian, I do not believe that I am any better than you or anyone else. And I sure as hell, can't point to the national leaders of the faith and say, "there is an example of goodness and morality". I didn't mention religion at all, because I think people like Pat Robertson and the late Jerry Falwell are a bunch of morons who lost what it means to be loving Christians.

But, if you want to talk about pompous, I consider your statement that because I am a man of faith I have no business (or right) to be in politics to be extremely arrogant. I, and people like me, have as much of a right to be in politics as people such as yourself. Your comment was extremely arrogant and you can not even recognize that fact and then you have the balls to call me pompous for saying that I would welcome you in my home?

People that think morality has no place in Washington are the problem with America these days. They seem to believe that it is perfectly okay for politicians to be immoral theives and to flush this country down the toilet. That was the only thing I stated in my reply to you. And then you keep electing these immoral jerks and patting them on the back saying, "great job"?

Obviously, you have some kind of built in bigotry against people of faith which I had nothing to do with. So, if you feel the need to expend your hatred and bigotry on me, be my guest.

I am sorry, you think inviting others into your home is pompous. I meant no offense to you or anyone else. I was simply making a comment and trying to be a little light hearted.

Immie

Who do you vote for? Did you vote for the W administration, and did you feel they did an exemplary job? I'd mention that I didn't vote for Obama the first time or this time, but you seem to have your mind made up about who the real problem is, and it ain't your guys, of course.

If you read back to my original comment, and the one I replied to, you'll see that morality wasn't being discussed at all...I merely took exception to the phrase "godless asshole", and that's where it started before you took it in your own direction.

You said that shit doesn't belong in politics and the discussion was about morality. I commented about the lack of morality in politics and THE FACT that you seem to think that morality has no place in politics.

The discussion wasn't about morality, and I never once stated that I think morality has no place in politics, I said religion doesn't, and you equated the two even though you keep denying it, not to mention that you're still doing it.

Lastly, I don't care if you have religious beliefs and want to be a politician, but I do think using religion as a tool for garnering support politically is mildly dangerous and veers the focus away from what's really important as a politician/public servant.

I didn't vote for either one of the two major parties, but I cast a protest vote. If I could have cast a vote for "none of the above", I would have done so. Not voting means you don't get heard at all, as if any of us get heard in the first place. I reluctantly cast my vote for a third party, more or less so that I still cast a vote. Had that party been in contention to win, I would have cast my vote for another party.

No, I don't believe anyone in Washington of either party is doing an exemplary job. Which is why I said what I did in my first reply to you. That is really all I was trying to say. Morality does not exist in Washington and the American people support that fact by re-electing them regularly.

Now, you keep saying you don't care if I have religious beliefs but in every one of your posts in this discussion you are showing your bigotry and hatred against people of faith. You have now stated very clearly that by "that shit" you meant religion. So, it is obvious that you do believe that a person of faith, "has absolutely no place in politics or Government operations".

So which is it? Do you:

a) believe that "shit"ty people of faith "have no place in politics or Government operations".

or

b) "I don't care if you have religious beliefs and want to be a politician"

The two statements are clearly contradictory.

You stated "that shit has absolutely no place in politics or government". It was clear that you were trying to say, in your bigoted way, that people of faith do not belong in politics. I did attempt to stear away from that. I don't believe the people I mentioned earlier are good for the country. Honestly, I don't see how a person of faith can mix the two realms. I wouldn't want to because I don't think I could escape the temptation.

On the other hand, I believe that people such as yourself who would have the audacity to out and out state that people of faith have no business (and are not welcomed) in national politics are extremely arrogant and verge on being un-American.

Your arrogance and bigotry were obvious there is no doubt about that. I tried to stear away from the religion part and to point out that our problem is that there is no one in Politics that should be there. The world of American politics is corrupt and destroying this nation. I failed in my attempt to stear away from religion, obviously.

I did not say that people of faith (any or all) are moral or that they are the only ones that are moral. As far as human morality goes, there are good people of faith and there are good people who are not believers. There are none in politics.

I didn't enter this conversation to start a fight with you or to insult you. I was simply trying to make a point about who we keep sending back to Washington and what they are doing to this country. I also steared away from naming parties.

Immie

Listen Collum,

I've never been rude to you and I don't expect to start now.

You said that shit doesn't belong in politics and the discussion was about morality. I commented about the lack of morality in politics and THE FACT that you seem to think that morality has no place in politics. That is exactly what I think is wrong with this country today. You guys welcome crooks and theives into national politics and you do nothing but laugh when they get caught. It is time we quit laughing and throwing their asses out of Washington.

I specifically mentioned morality and said nothing at all about religion. As a Christian, I do not believe that I am any better than you or anyone else. And I sure as hell, can't point to the national leaders of the faith and say, "there is an example of goodness and morality". I didn't mention religion at all, because I think people like Pat Robertson and the late Jerry Falwell are a bunch of morons who lost what it means to be loving Christians.

But, if you want to talk about pompous, I consider your statement that because I am a man of faith I have no business (or right) to be in politics to be extremely arrogant. I, and people like me, have as much of a right to be in politics as people such as yourself. Your comment was extremely arrogant and you can not even recognize that fact and then you have the balls to call me pompous for saying that I would welcome you in my home?

People that think morality has no place in Washington are the problem with America these days. They seem to believe that it is perfectly okay for politicians to be immoral theives and to flush this country down the toilet. That was the only thing I stated in my reply to you. And then you keep electing these immoral jerks and patting them on the back saying, "great job"?

Obviously, you have some kind of built in bigotry against people of faith which I had nothing to do with. So, if you feel the need to expend your hatred and bigotry on me, be my guest.

I am sorry, you think inviting others into your home is pompous. I meant no offense to you or anyone else. I was simply making a comment and trying to be a little light hearted.

Immie

Who do you vote for? Did you vote for the W administration, and did you feel they did an exemplary job? I'd mention that I didn't vote for Obama the first time or this time, but you seem to have your mind made up about who the real problem is, and it ain't your guys, of course.

If you read back to my original comment, and the one I replied to, you'll see that morality wasn't being discussed at all...I merely took exception to the phrase "godless asshole", and that's where it started before you took it in your own direction.

You said that shit doesn't belong in politics and the discussion was about morality. I commented about the lack of morality in politics and THE FACT that you seem to think that morality has no place in politics.

The discussion wasn't about morality, and I never once stated that I think morality has no place in politics, I said religion doesn't, and you equated the two even though you keep denying it, not to mention that you're still doing it.

Lastly, I don't care if you have religious beliefs and want to be a politician, but I do think using religion as a tool for garnering support politically is mildly dangerous and veers the focus away from what's really important as a politician/public servant.

I didn't vote for either one of the two major parties, but I cast a protest vote. If I could have cast a vote for "none of the above", I would have done so. Not voting means you don't get heard at all, as if any of us get heard in the first place. I reluctantly cast my vote for a third party, more or less so that I still cast a vote. Had that party been in contention to win, I would have cast my vote for another party.

No, I don't believe anyone in Washington of either party is doing an exemplary job. Which is why I said what I did in my first reply to you. That is really all I was trying to say. Morality does not exist in Washington and the American people support that fact by re-electing them regularly.

Now, you keep saying you don't care if I have religious beliefs but in every one of your posts in this discussion you are showing your bigotry and hatred against people of faith. You have now stated very clearly that by "that shit" you meant religion. So, it is obvious that you do believe that a person of faith, "has absolutely no place in politics or Government operations".

So which is it? Do you:

a) believe that "shit"ty people of faith "have no place in politics or Government operations".

or

You stated "that shit has absolutely no place in politics or government". It was clear that you were trying to say, in your bigoted way, that people of faith do not belong in politics. I did attempt to stear away from that. I don't believe the people I mentioned earlier are good for the country. Honestly, I don't see how a person of faith can mix the two realms. I wouldn't want to because I don't think I could escape the temptation.

On the other hand, I believe that people such as yourself who would have the audacity to out and out state that people of faith have no business (and are not welcomed) in national politics are extremely arrogant and verge on being un-American.

Your arrogance and bigotry were obvious there is no doubt about that. I tried to stear away from the religion part and to point out that our problem is that there is no one in Politics that should be there. The world of American politics is corrupt and destroying this nation. I failed in my attempt to stear away from religion, obviously.

I did not say that people of faith (any or all) are moral or that they are the only ones that are moral. As far as human morality goes, there are good people of faith and there are good people who are not believers. There are none in politics.

I didn't enter this conversation to start a fight with you or to insult you. I was simply trying to make a point about who we keep sending back to Washington and what they are doing to this country. I also steared away from naming parties.

Immie

or

You've used my statement(a) completely out of context, and you keep insinuating that I said religious people shouldn't be in politics. Religion shouldn't be a main tenet of the platform, it shouldn't be injected into the political process, that's my point, again.

So I guess that takes care of the rest of your post trying to paint me as some kind of bigot. :thup:

You may not have meant it that way, but that's how several of us correctly interpreted it. That's just what it is.

So which is it? Do you:

or

Immie

or

You've used my statement(a) completely out of context, and you keep insinuating that I said religious people shouldn't be in politics. Religion shouldn't be a main tenet of the platform, it shouldn't be injected into the political process, that's my point, again.

So I guess that takes care of the rest of your post trying to paint me as some kind of bigot. :thup:

You may not have meant it that way, but that's how several of us correctly interpreted it. That's just what it is.

No, you have proven that you are bigoted against people of faith. You have repeatedly stated it in this thread and your arrogance is equally evident. There was nothing taken out of context as to what you said. Your words were shown in context not "interpreted". We've got your number :thup:
Obviously, due to your bigotry and your belief in what those "shitty" religious people believe, you are mistaken in your interpretation.

Immie

Naw, you did, and it's not shocking to witness your warping of reality to support your argument, after all, you're devoutly religious.

You don't have anyone's number. :thup:

I'd like to see the Republicans go north and talk to Canada's governing Conservative party and learn how they won over the immigrant vote without pandering to them. It's what won them a majority government, and of course with a Conservative government Canada has weathered this so called recession better than anyone in the G7.

Conservative in Canada has a whole different meaning than conservative in the US. A lesson could be learned by Republicans with that information but I doubt they'll learn it.

Obama won because people are scared of the collapsing economy and Obama promised them bags of goodies by saying he will take from the rich.

But the rich tax hike is a smoke screen. Won't make a dent cuz the rich will use deductions just like they do now.

Obama may have lower taxes right now but he also has lower revenue and he's given it all away. That can only go on so long until we collapse.

^confirmation bias on display. You'd think you nutters could be introspective, but no, you keep on with the same bullshit that lost you the election.

Too funny.

I know, it sucks.

The worst, stupidest, most incompetent, anti-American Scumbag President has been reelected along with his certifiable running mate. He watched a terror attack unfold on the anniversary of 9/11, then jet off to a fund raiser only to come back and lie to us about it. Further, he's on a mission to "transform" America -- into something we won't recognize.

He hates success, loves dependency and his illiterate loser followers go, "yeah wuss wrong wid dat?" (that's my Rdean imitation)

I want you to remember two things: first the Jews have had it much, much worse than we ever did; they lost their entire homeland and nation, but because they held their faith, they outlasted all those who "conquered" them. Sure, some Jews listened to their Jake Starkey's ("Oh, come on! We should be more Bablyonian...Egyptian...Roman...let's Goosestep! Hitler won and we need to be more like him!") No, thanks

We'll stick to our principles. They're what set us apart. We believe in freedom, individuality and doing things for ourselves. It's fun. We're not trading it for an Obamaphone.

And as bad as things are, it could be worse: we could be Democrats, losers who have completely given up on life and have Obama as Head of Household and Lord and Savior.

Poor thing.... It must feel bad to get a ASS KICKING....:lol:

Why was America "exceptional" up until a majority voted for the guy Republicans didn't want them to? Why did "God bless America" until the Republicans lost?

Naw, you did, and it's not shocking to witness your warping of reality to support your argument, after all, you're devoutly religious.

You are absolutely right, I have proven that you are a bigot. And the post I am currently quoting just shows more of your bigotry.

I am glad you see things my way. They say that admitting your problems is the first step to recovery. There is hope (albeit very little) for you yet.

Immie

You are absolutely right, I have proven that you are a bigot. And the post I am currently quoting just shows more of your bigotry.

I am glad you see things my way. They say that admitting your problems is the first step to recovery. There is hope (albeit very little) for you yet.

Immie

:lol:

You haven't proven anything, well aside from proving that you're prone to hijacking a thread, misconstruing and misquoting statements, and diverting away from owning up to it. :thup:

Kudos to you.

We'll stick to our principles. They're what set us apart. We believe in freedom, individuality and doing things for ourselves. It's fun. We're not trading it for an Obamaphone.

And as bad as things are, it could be worse: we could be Democrats, losers who have completely given up on life and have Obama as Head of Household and Lord and Savior.

Sticking to principles? Trump said he was going to raise taxes, doesn’t want to defund Planned Parenthood, wants to triple the size of the INS alone, etc…

Curious…have you started working on the 2016 “Take heart” speech yet? If so, you can go ahead and give it; Trump is toast…Hillary is Ca-roooooosing!!!

Sticking to principles? Trump said he was going to raise taxes, doesn’t want to defund Planned Parenthood, wants to triple the size of the INS alone, etc…

Curious…have you started working on the 2016 “Take heart” speech yet? If so, you can go ahead and give it; Trump is toast…Hillary is Ca-roooooosing!!!

What an exciting fun filled life you must lead

Speaking of life, you're going to spend four more precious irretrievable years of your life with another Democrat as president.
All of your conservative dreams that aren't simply dead already are going to be, at best, going nowhere for 4 more years.

Enjoy!

Speaking of life, you're going to spend four more precious irretrievable years of your life with another Democrat as president.
All of your conservative dreams that aren't simply dead already are going to be, at best, going nowhere for 4 more years.

Enjoy!

And that's BEFORE her post indictment bounce!

Who said Trump was a conservative? What he is not is much more important. He is not a member of the Clinton crime family. The principle being, select the best of two evils.

Forum List

Back