Former Virginia Governor Jim Gilmore on U.S. Aid to Ukraine and Israel

FranklinRoosevelt_FTW

Diamond Member
Gold Supporting Member
May 12, 2022

Probably some things I agree with the former governor on. I would say god bless him. Here in America we’re allowed to have disagreements on policy.

The former governor gave us a doom and gloom scenario some kind of an apocalyptic scenario. Where if Russia prevails in Ukraine, they will somehow take over Europe, and then threaten America. Now this is part of American exceptionalism the idea that if we invade other countries that we’re allowed to do it ….but if another country invades a country its evil… and that is poor diplomacy from American leaders.

The Ukraine situation actually is different from Iraq in the sense that a certain percentage of Ukrainian people in eastern Ukraine have always supported the Soviet union and Russia. Of course, Ukraine is right on the border of Russia ….Iraq was thousands of miles away from America. Certain people in Iraq did oppose Saddam Hussein, but they also many of them supported Iran and that is actually a worse situation.

Now today, Iraq leans toward Iran. Under Saddam Hussein they had Christians in their government, they had women in the workforce. They were awarded by the United Nations for their literacy programs.

I am reminded of the United States in 2002 saying they will invade, Iran, North Korea and Iraq. The “axis of evil speech” by George Bush. Imagine how the world was reacting to that and we did invade Iraq. By the way we effectively took over the country. And Russia provided no support to Iraq. Imagine for a moment if Russia gave Iraq billions of dollars and the best military equipment on the planet.

Course I am also reminded of the allies of World War II, the Republicans or Democrats believing in a vision. Where all of the super powers of the world, including the Soviets , China, England and America would work together to prevent future wars. That vision is forgotten about, or ignored by some politicians today. What is blatantly ignored or dismissed is that in WW2 the soviet people, the English and the Americans stopped the holocaust. All three entities had Jews fighting in their armies.

Last edited:
I have seen some pro Israel people provide blatant disrespect to the men of World War II who liberated the concentration camps, and that is a disgrace. They will make up all sorts of lies about how the United States “was anti-Semitic” in World War II that view is wrong and a disgrace to our ancestors. They repeat anti-American lies about how the USA sent the MS St. Louis back to Nazi Germany ….that never happened, the ship of Jewish refugees was sent back the allied countries. The United States was worried about possible spies , because the empire of Japan, and the third Reich were some of the greatest military forces to ever live, and they had spies all over the world

according to the US Holocaust Memorial Museum, the USA did more for the Jewish people in World War II than any other countries.

Just like it is today you can’t anccept every single person that wants to get into America. Common sense is something that is forgotten by neocons and left wing supporters of Ukraine. They don’t know the proper history of World War II and they mock and insult the allies in World War II with their lies and propaganda. I’m sure the former governor is not one of these people, but these types of Americans do exist.

I do not support communism, but I recognize the common sense of one of the greatest anti-Communist of history John F Kennedy, who admired the Soviet war effort in World War II.

So what’s going on here with the former governor of those like him.? Providing this doom and gloom scenario that if Russia prevails in Ukraine, they’re going to take over Europe and provide a threat to America.

Another view from the former governor is the United States must stop “authoritarianism” and stop Russia in Ukraine. What about all of the authoritarian countries in Africa? What about all those conflict in Africa that were not intervening in. ??

What’s going on here?

Gilmore? He hasn't been governor for 20 years. What the hell is the OSCE anyway?
During the trump administration he was involved in some sort of a group to attempt to intervene in the Ukraine Russia situation.

He is a conservative hawk. He says he’s not a neocon, but he is providing the apocalypse scenario if Russia takes over Ukraine.

Forum List

Back