Congratulations To Germany On Achieving More Than 50% Of Its Electricity Production From "Renewables"!

Deplorable Yankee

Diamond Member
Feb 7, 2019
DIXIE
In the “renewables” category for all primary energy (not just electricity), we learn that they include “biomass” as a “renewable.” Probably, that’s mostly wood, used for heating homes, and hardly a zero carbon source. The amount of energy produced from the “biomass,” at 1,040 PJ and 8.8% of primary energy, far exceeds the combined total from wind and solar (713 PJ and 6.0% of primary energy).

The whole “more than 50% from renewables” mantra turns out only to apply to electricity (far less than half of primary energy usage). And rather than representing the advance of the mythical wind and solar, the whole thing is just an artifact of a shrinking economy, largely itself caused by the destructive build-out of the wind and solar facilities. They are destroying their economy, and have almost nothing to show for two decades and hundreds of billions of dollars invested in the useless wind and solar farms.

Shut up and eat the bugs

After the next two or more big bank failures , Germany is going to be in a great amount of economic and financial trouble .Guess that might mean this coming month .

Its encouraging that we get 10% from wind ourselves:

1693480761112.png

I thought the % was much lower. That combined with solar is nearly 15%. Great news but we need to get it up near 33-50%. Endless supply of power that is free courtesy of mother earth. Again, great news.

In the “renewables” category for all primary energy (not just electricity), we learn that they include “biomass” as a “renewable.” Probably, that’s mostly wood, used for heating homes, and hardly a zero carbon source. The amount of energy produced from the “biomass,” at 1,040 PJ and 8.8% of primary energy, far exceeds the combined total from wind and solar (713 PJ and 6.0% of primary energy).

The whole “more than 50% from renewables” mantra turns out only to apply to electricity (far less than half of primary energy usage). And rather than representing the advance of the mythical wind and solar, the whole thing is just an artifact of a shrinking economy, largely itself caused by the destructive build-out of the wind and solar facilities. They are destroying their economy, and have almost nothing to show for two decades and hundreds of billions of dollars invested in the useless wind and solar farms.

Shut up and eat the bugs

And biomass is code for trees. So they are destroying their forests for this lie as well.

View attachment 822768

I thought the % was much lower. That combined with solar is nearly 15%. Great news but we need to get it up near 33-50%. Endless supply of power that is free courtesy of mother earth. Again, great news.
The EU considers natural gas to be a "green" energy source.

Its encouraging that we get 10% from wind ourselves:......

........it up near 33-50%. Endless supply of power that is free courtesy of mother earth. Again, great news.

That percentage you highlighted, is probably how much more expensive renewables has made energy.

View attachment 822768

Yes....we need to get it up to 33-50% so that when it gets really hot. or really, really cold, we can have rolling black outs and kill old people...old people are a burden to the healthcare system so rolling black outs that take away their heat in the winter and air conditioning in the summer is a good thing......

Yes....we need to get it up to 33-50% so that when it gets really hot. or really, really cold, we can have rolling black outs and kill old people...old people are a burden to the healthcare system so rolling black outs that take away their heat in the winter and air conditioning in the summer is a good thing......
That is what we have now with a power grid dominated by coal and natural gas. And you think there is nothing wrong with that.

So, Germany is doing fine after Putin cut off their cheap natural gas? Haha, tell me another fairy tale. When winter hits Germans are going to be wearing their mittens indoors.

candycorn do you want to research Germany's energy first before displaying your ignorance? Germany's energy prices at one point hit 48% higher than the average EU cost. You scoffed at 33 - 50%, I thought my guess would be right.

So with all this free energy from renewables, Germany should be the polar opposite, shouldn't it?

That is what we have now with a power grid dominated by coal and natural gas. And you think there is nothing wrong with that.

No, we dont....that is a lie....solar and wind cant keep up with natural gas
or coal in any way.....the rilling black outs in Calofornia are not due to anything but democrat incompetence and stupidity

So, Germany is doing fine after Putin cut off their cheap natural gas? Haha, tell me another fairy tale. When winter hits Germans are going to be wearing their mittens indoors.

Its hard to put on mittens when your hands are frozen

No, we dont....that is a lie....solar and wind cant keep up with natural gas
or coal in any way.....the rilling black outs in Calofornia are not due to anything but democrat incompetence and stupidity
We have had people die from heat. All the guns in the world didn’t protect them

We had blackouts before we got up to the 15% we’re at now.

Care to explain how that could possibly have happened? I’m sure you’ll blame liberals for it all...that is your one and only trick.

Yeqh, democrat party mismanagememt in California you dumb ass...

Forum List

Back