Confirmation Bias; Why Atheists cant see the Evidence for God

"The world is so complicated" is not "evidence" of the existence of a God.

Right. Of course. The complex and marvelously rational configuration of the cosmos and the rational forms and logical categories of human consciousness are not evidence of God's existence. Oh, no. Not at all.

LOL!

No need to repeat myself:

http://www.usmessageboard.com/posts/9714944/
http://www.usmessageboard.com/posts/9719783/
http://www.usmessageboard.com/posts/9719880/
http://www.usmessageboard.com/posts/9720164/
http://www.usmessageboard.com/posts/9726377/

I'm afraid that screeching such absurdities as "golly gee - rational cosmos", does nothing to support your claims to partisan gawds.

Your revulsion for science, knowledge and rationality is noted, but it is based more on wistful nostalgia, willful ignorance and uncompromising allegiance to fear and superstition. Every point you attempt to make in furtherance of your revulsion for true knowledge is at best polemically skewed and at worst demonstrably false.

Your lies and repetitious sloganeering is duly noted. Tells all about that energy and matter that existed before the Big Bang again. You know, that embarrassingly stupid rash of pseudoscientific claptrap you apparently endorsed.

Better yet, since of you atheists never discuss the pertinent issues, as they utterly destroy your insanity, let's do another a man/duck walks into a bar joke.

A man walks into a bar and bellys up.

Moments later, just when the man is about to order, a duck walks into the bar, picks up a chair, smashes it over the man's head and quacks.

Moments later, a monkey walks into the bar, grabs the duck and drop kicks him through the glass window and into the street. The duck shacks it off, flies back into the bar through the broken window, grabs the monkey by his tail, and throws him out the window.

The man struggles to his feet, grabs the duck and throws him across the room. The duck hits the wall head first and is knocked out cold. The man then staggers to the bar and orders a shot of whiskey.

Flabbergasted, the bartender exclaims, "What in the world was that all about?"

"Don't know, exactly" says the man. "But every time someone tells a man walks into a bar joke that duck shows up."

Minutes later the duck comes to.

"Hey, duck," says the bartender. "What in the world was that all about?"

"Don't know, exactly" says the duck. "But every time someone tells a man walks into a bar joke, I'm suddenly walking into a bar somewhere in the world behind that man right there. I got better things to do with my time. I figured if I killed the man the nightmare would end."

"So what's the deal with that monkey?" asks the bartender.

"Don't know," says the duck. "That's the first time that lunatic walked into the bar behind me."

Moments later, the monkey walks back into the bar and glares at the duck.

"So what's your story?" the bartender asks.

Says the monkey, "That duck dropped a load on my head as he flew over, landed and walked into this bar.

LOL! That's a real knee slapper. Made them one up myself!
Right. I see you're so befuddled you're back to cross posting / spamming this thread with the same cut and paste nonsense you spammed another thread with.

You fundie zealots really are pathetic.

You atheists are the retards here. None of you can keep your monotheistic Creators separate from your polytheistic super-dudes, or fathom how the infinite regression fallacy applies to the flow of time.

That's on you morons, not MDR. He is just having fun.

You cannot show evidence to someone who refuses to accept even the remote possibility of the thing claimed. No mater how complex a life form maybe, like the human cell, and no matter what Darwin knew about the complexity of the cell and the impact were it overly complex, the atheist will insist it is all the product of unguided chance. No matter how finely tuned the universe the atheist will insist that it proves nothing and it isn't so finely tuned anyway.

So don't pitch your argument to persuade an atheist of anything. Speak to other theists or to the lurkers who just read and move on. The atheist is a fringe element cultist who has closed his mind long ago.

A particular standard of evidence is required to prove any claim. This ‘standard’ is adjusted depending upon the nature of the claim. Since god’s existence is an extraordinary claim, perhaps the most extraordinary claim, proving it requires equally extraordinary evidence.

I am not responding to all your crap, but I will respond to this one as the epitome of your irrationality.

No, extraordinary claims do NOT demand extraordinary evidence. They require exactly the SAME evidence as any other proposition. This demand for extraordinary evidence is the very example of what confirmation bias is and how it works, duh.

You're both wrong...

Claims, extraordinary or not, require enough evidence to convince to the mark. Otherwise the sales pitch falls flat.

No, we are talking about logical demands, not sales pitches, dude. There is no higher level of evidence for a claim that rubs you \the wrong way and so that you then find it 'extraordinary'.

Thank (insert your preferred Deity here) that education and critical thinking is shrinking the prospect base for the selling of religion in general.

Yes, that is right, the reduction in the publics ability to think rationally has led to a loss of members in the main stream Protestant denominations and a growth in Ignorant Atheists.
My, but you are the stereotypical, angry, self-hating fundie. Sorry to cause you such angst, but science has provided the means for understanding the natural world. People like you have contributed fear and superstition – hence your belief in nonexistent, supernatural entities.

Right. Of course. The complex and marvelously rational configuration of the cosmos and the rational forms and logical categories of human consciousness are not evidence of God's existence. Oh, no. Not at all.

LOL!

I'm afraid that screeching such absurdities as "golly gee - rational cosmos", does nothing to support your claims to partisan gawds.

Your revulsion for science, knowledge and rationality is noted, but it is based more on wistful nostalgia, willful ignorance and uncompromising allegiance to fear and superstition. Every point you attempt to make in furtherance of your revulsion for true knowledge is at best polemically skewed and at worst demonstrably false.

Your lies and repetitious sloganeering is duly noted. Tells all about that energy and matter that existed before the Big Bang again. You know, that embarrassingly stupid rash of pseudoscientific claptrap you apparently endorsed.

Better yet, since of you atheists never discuss the pertinent issues, as they utterly destroy your insanity, let's do another a man/duck walks into a bar joke.

Moments later, just when the man is about to order, a duck walks into the bar, picks up a chair, smashes it over the man's head and quacks.

Moments later, a monkey walks into the bar, grabs the duck and drop kicks him through the glass window and into the street. The duck shacks it off, flies back into the bar through the broken window, grabs the monkey by his tail, and throws him out the window.

The man struggles to his feet, grabs the duck and throws him across the room. The duck hits the wall head first and is knocked out cold. The man then staggers to the bar and orders a shot of whiskey.

"Don't know, exactly" says the man. "But every time someone tells a man walks into a bar joke that duck shows up."

"Don't know, exactly" says the duck. "But every time someone tells a man walks into a bar joke, I'm suddenly walking into a bar somewhere in the world behind that man right there. I got better things to do with my time. I figured if I killed the man the nightmare would end."

"Don't know," says the duck. "That's the first time that lunatic walked into the bar behind me."

Says the monkey, "That duck dropped a load on my head as he flew over, landed and walked into this bar.

Right. I see you're so befuddled you're back to cross posting / spamming this thread with the same cut and paste nonsense you spammed another thread with.

You atheists are the retards here. None of you can keep your monotheistic Creators separate from your polytheistic super-dudes, or fathom how the infinite regression fallacy applies to the flow of time.

No. He's a pathetic spammer whose failed attempts at composing a coherent argument were completely dismantled. That's why he's spamming yet another thread with the same nonsense.

Thank (insert your preferred Deity here) that education and critical thinking is shrinking the prospect base for the selling of religion in general.

Yes, that is right, the reduction in the publics ability to think rationally has led to a loss of members in the main stream Protestant denominations and a growth in Ignorant Atheists.
My, but you are the stereotypical, angry, self-hating fundie. Sorry to cause you such angst, but science has provided the means for understanding the natural world. People like you have contributed fear and superstition – hence your belief in nonexistent, supernatural entities.

Why cant you stick to the facts?

You atheists have slaughtered more people around the globe than all other religions, ideologies, or anything else.

Knee jerk atheists like you are evil, plain and simple. You don't know what the hell you are talking about and you are destroying what makes America 'America'.

LOL!

No. He's a pathetic spammer whose failed attempts at composing a coherent argument were completely dismantled. That's why he's spamming yet another thread with the same nonsense.

No, you and you atheist buddies are the losers and the spammers. No one else comes close.

LOL!

No, you and you atheist buddies are the losers and the spammers. No one else comes close.
So who is it, exactly, cross posting spam between multiple threads?

M. D. begins, "Neither atheism nor theism are subject to scientific falsification" then tries to save deism with "the assertion of theism holds up under the laws of logic, under the imperatives of the universally and objectively apparent rational forms and logical categories of human consciousness." All a fancy blurb for "I think, thus God is." There is nothing "objective" that can be categorized by human awareness.

M. D. falls into the malignantly motivated or perhaps, to be nice to M. D.,a slef inflated hubris from which JimBowie also suffers. The contradiction of a natural imperative that denies positivism is a hoot.

Run along, children.

Such are as foul in their puffery as are the glowering pontificating of certain atheists. Neither types of characters are those who a discerning person would want to read seriously in the humanities.

Fundie zealots of religion or atheism are simply mouth breathers.

M. D. begins, "Neither atheism nor theism are subject to scientific falsification" then tries to save deism with "the assertion of theism holds up under the laws of logic, under the imperatives of the universally and objectively apparent rational forms and logical categories of human consciousness." All a fancy blurb for "I think, thus God is." There is nothing "objective" that can be categorized by human awareness.

M. D. falls into the malignantly motivated or perhaps, to be nice to M. D.,a slef inflated hubris from which JimBowie also suffers. The contradiction of a natural imperative that denies positivism is a hoot.

Run along, children.

Such are as foul in their puffery as are the glowering pontificating of certain atheists. Neither types of characters are those who a discerning person would want to read seriously in the humanities.

Deism? Positivism? Just makin' stuff up, eh?

In other words, you have no idea what I'm talking about, and you're too proud to ask.

Check.

A monkey walks into a bar. . . .

It is hilarious to watch the news and see a President who claims the border is sealed and secure against ISIS and yet unaccompanied children can get across it. The children just don't count somehow to support the view that the border is NOT secure. The feds deny that radical Islamicist groups are the primary source for terrorism, and so a violent radical Jihadist who shot a bunch of people at Fort Hood screaming 'Allah Akbar!' and who recently asked ISIS to let him be an honorary citizen of the Caliphate was not a terrorist, and the shooting just 'work place violence'.

But those are just a few glaring examples of confirmation bias, a thing where people insist on putting what they perceive into nice neat little pigeon holes defined by an ideology or inflexible philosophy.

There is an old 16th century story of three blind men who are feeling parts of an elephant, an animal that they have never seen and have no idea exists, and one feels the leg and says it is a tree, the other feels the trunk and says it is a vine, another feels the belly and says there is a bolder above him. When told that it is all one great big huge animal they laugh and say the narrator is deluded.

You cannot show evidence to someone who refuses to accept even the remote possibility of the thing claimed. No mater how complex a life form maybe, like the human cell, and no matter what Darwin knew about the complexity of the cell and the impact were it overly complex, the atheist will insist it is all the product of unguided chance. No matter how finely tuned the universe the atheist will insist that it proves nothing and it isn't so finely tuned anyway.

So don't pitch your argument to persuade an atheist of anything. Speak to other theists or to the lurkers who just read and move on. The atheist is a fringe element cultist who has closed his mind long ago.

I find it ironic to find a conspiracy theorist crank like yourself, call anyone else a closed minded cultist.

Fundie zealots of religion or atheism are simply mouth breathers.

Run along, children.

Deism? Positivism? Just makin' stuff up, eh?

In other words, you have no idea what I'm talking about, and you're too proud to ask.

Check.

A monkey walks into a bar. . . .

The Flat Earth'er, unable to address topic, continues to spam the thread.

The fundie religionist or atheist simply do not underdand their feelings are not factual evidence in an empirical world.

They certainly have the right to express their silliness, but they certainly won't be allowed to dominate the conversation.

The FSM is similar to the ABM, atheist bogey man.

Neither group can empirically or philosophically prove their point, as M.D. attempted and failed to do.

A particular standard of evidence is required to prove any claim. This ‘standard’ is adjusted depending upon the nature of the claim. Since god’s existence is an extraordinary claim, perhaps the most extraordinary claim, proving it requires equally extraordinary evidence.

I am not responding to all your crap, but I will respond to this one as the epitome of your irrationality.

No, extraordinary claims do NOT demand extraordinary evidence. They require exactly the SAME evidence as any other proposition. This demand for extraordinary evidence is the very example of what confirmation bias is and how it works, duh.

Ok, show me any good evidence a god exists. Evidence a scientist would accept. If you can't, piss off.

You atheists have slaughtered more people around the globe than all other religions, ideologies, or anything else.

Knee jerk atheists like you are evil, plain and simple. You don't know what the hell you are talking about and you are destroying what makes America 'America'.

You don't realize that what makes America great is that we took god and put him out of our government. Bye Bye Lord.

And I don't believe for a second "atheists" have slaughtered even half of the human's you theists have. The more I look into it the more I see you try to give us credit for things that THEISTS have done. Example, it was Catholic German Nazi's that slaughtered the Jews, not atheists. There is PLENTY of evidence that Hitler believed in god and even if he didn't, the German people did. So they were the murderers there yet you try to give us credit for those things.

Anyways, lets say we have murdered more. You guys sure come a close second. It's almost like believing in god doesn't make you any better than people who don't believe.

In fact, in America prisons about .001% of the inmates are atheists. That should tell you something.

Ok, show me any good evidence a god exists. Evidence a scientist would accept. If you can't, piss off.

Lol, you are an idiot.

Science CANNOT prove anything not of the natural world, so your whole claim to want evidence is a shallow hypocrisy of posturing for results you have deliberately set up to fail.

Evidence used in criminal trials, civil courts, the kind of evidence that inform our choices we all have to make every single day is not 100% scientific. If you weren't such a gibbering fool you would know that.

There is a HUGE accumulation of historical, circumstantial, and eye witness events that prove God exists, and you look a total jack ass ignoring it all.

You don't realize that what makes America great is that we took god and put him out of our government. Bye Bye Lord.

Bullshit, He is mentioned in all our nations founding documents, idiot.

And I don't believe for a second "atheists" have slaughtered even half of the human's you theists have.

Because of your pre-prepped confirmation bias, the same bias that blinds you to any evidence that is contrary to your world view, be it God, Obama's incompetence or the FACT that atheists have slaughtered so many people in the past century.

It would be too much for you feeble mind to contemplate, that you support the most murderous set of ideas regarding God that humanity has ever witnessed. Genghis Khan had more compassion and sympathy for human beings than the typical 20thb century atheist.

The more I look into it the more I see you try to give us credit for things that THEISTS have done. Example, it was Catholic German Nazi's that slaughtered the Jews, not atheists. There is PLENTY of evidence that Hitler believed in god and even if he didn't, the German people did. So they were the murderers there yet you try to give us credit for those things.

And that belief is likely the main reason Hitler didn't kill one fifth as many people as Stalin or Mao. He had to maneuver around a Christian public with lies, hiding his crimes from public view. With you atheists in charge, Stalin and Mao never had to bother.

Anyways, lets say we have murdered more. You guys sure come a close second. It's almost like believing in god doesn't make you any better than people who don't believe.

No, it isn't even close.

In fact, in America prisons about .001% of the inmates are atheists. That should tell you something.

Yeah, that it takes a lot of nerve to take a risk, nerve most atheists don't have.

Forum List

Back