CNN Arizona debate thread

"petulant children" would make more sense and get along better than these clowns. Really, this is the best and the brightest the GOP has to offer?
Newt hits Santorscum on earmarks, Gingrich finally has something nice to say about another candidate. Romney gives a rational answer on cutting spending.

Good question from King, I don't really understand Romney's answer.

Q: How can you say auto industry should have gone through managed bankruptcy rather than public bailout when Bush officials said there was no private capital to keep industry alive through bankruptcy?

A: Something about UAW and Obama, nothing about decision under Bush except to say funds were wasted.

We are stuck in the past. This is a dead end. You have to learn from your mistakes and move forward.

So far were learning but NO ONE is discussing our future.

I think this has been a very great discussion. All of the candidates are having good points.

Q: How can you say auto industry should have gone through managed bankruptcy rather than public bailout when Bush officials said there was no private capital to keep industry alive through bankruptcy?

A: Something about UAW and Obama, nothing about decision under Bush except to say funds were wasted.

He has to ignore that. Otherwise he looks like a buffoon and his vaunted business expertise and its application to public policy becomes rather suspect.

Gee, more union bashing by the GOP. Why do they hate working people?
Some of them just HATE; Sancto slammed Romney on the auto bailouts of course. He is attacking tonight Lady Liberal. Romney is looking good, Newt, better than in the past.

It was a bullshit question. Bankruptcies are negotiated with the capital that is saved by ditching debts to other vendors. Private capital is not needed in a normal bankruptcy. The bail out of the auto industry did nothing more than line pockets. Thus bankruptcy was ultimately needed anyhow because the bailout money wasn't spent on the companies debt. It was spent on the union.

Bogus question

It was a bullshit question. Bankruptcies are negotiated with the capital that is saved by ditching debts to other vendors. Private capital is not needed in a normal bankruptcy. The bail out of the auto industry did nothing more than line pockets. Thus bankruptcy was ultimately needed anyhow because the bailout money wasn't spent on the companies debt. It was spent on the union.

Bogus question

It's hard for me to research this on the fly, but I believe the point was that without private capital the bankruptcy would end the companies which went bankrupt. Certainly, bankruptcy does not require private capital, but neither does it require that the company survive.

Bogus question
And Sancto voted for airline bailouts because the "government shut them down"; he was against auto industry bailouts because government did NOT "shut them down". TRANSLATE PLEASE. The rest of the candidates are speaking American Standard English.

Santorum (by implication): birth control causes out-of-wedlock births, according to the NYT and Charles Murray.

"Just because I'm talking about something doesn't mean I want a government program to fix it...." I'm not a Santorum fan...but AMEN BROTHER!!!

Forum List

Back