CNN Arizona debate thread

Any company can survive bankruptcy without private influxs of capital. Or they can go belly up depending on which form of bankruptcy they choose.

What's more interesting is that you seemingly don't understand the process yet I bet you've defended the bailout.

As I said, it's hard for me to research on the fly, but I can't believe that's true. How and why would, for example, a company with no assets and large debts survive bankruptcy without receiving new capital?

Irrelevant question. The Auto Industry has lots of assets. They industry requires large assets before they can even produce anything.

Certainly the auto industry had massive assets. But my statement was relevant to Grampa's claim, which is that I don't seem to understand the bankruptcy process.

LMAO..... Romney reminding Santorum that he once supported Romney as a 'conservative'. Classic. Romney is a conservative... and a really smart one!

I forget, did someone predict that Santorum would start attacking Romney if Romney kept attacking him?

A few bumps in the middle, but a very strong monologue by Santorum, especially his comparison of Romney to Dukakis.

It's hard for me to research this on the fly, but I believe the point was that without private capital the bankruptcy would end the companies which went bankrupt. Certainly, bankruptcy does not require private capital, but neither does it require that the company survive.

Any company can survive bankruptcy without private influxs of capital. Or they can go belly up depending on which form of bankruptcy they choose.

What's more interesting is that you seemingly don't understand the process yet I bet you've defended the bailout.

As I said, it's hard for me to research on the fly, but I can't believe that's true. How and why would, for example, a company with no assets and large debts survive bankruptcy without receiving new capital?

Because many debts are completely wiped clean and the ones that are reaafirmed are renegotiated to fit the companies new business model post bankruptcy. Many times settled for 50% or less.

Why do you think the bailouts didn't rescue the companies? If they had the subsequent bankruptcies wouldn't have been necessary.

Because many debts are completely wiped clean and the ones that are reaafirmed are renegotiated to fit the companies new business model post bankruptcy. Many times settled for 50% or less.

Why do you think the bailouts didn't rescue the companies? If they had the subsequent bankruptcies wouldn't have been necessary.

What would be the business model of a company continuing after bankruptcy with negligible assets and large debts? It seems to me that by far the most profit-maximizing plan would be to end the existence of the company.

I don't understand your question, so I'm not sure if I can even grant the premise, much less address it. What bailouts and what companies, and how are you inferring what I think about them?

Gingrich: They want a border that can easily be crossed legally, and can't possibly be crossed illegally... and it should be patrolled by unicorns.

What would be the business model of a company continuing after bankruptcy with negligible assets and large debts? It seems to me that by far the most profit-maximizing plan would be to end the existence of the company.

I don't understand your question, so I'm not sure if I can even grant the premise, much less address it. What bailouts and what companies, and how are you inferring what I think about them?

The auto bailout.

It didn't save gm. It saved the union.

The bankruptcy saved gm.

Apparently this is too complicated for most liberals to understand.

Obama DID NOT SAVE GM. THE BANKRUPTCY JUDGE THAT FORGAVE AND RESTRUCTURED THEIR DEBT DID.

Got it now? All Obama did was line the pockets of the unions.

Santorum (by implication): birth control causes out-of-wedlock births, according to the NYT and Charles Murray.
Newt says Obama is pro abortion because he voted as state senator to protect doctors who perform abortions. Newt forgets he once supported "exceptions" to his anti abortion stance. How is the manner of conception relevant if one is pro life?

What he was talking about was abortion doctors killing babies that survived the actual abortion.
Newt's lying again, Illinois already had a law regarding a viable fetus; the laws Obama voted against concerned NON viable fetuses:

When Obama was a state senator, abortion opponents proposed "born alive" legislation in 2001, 2002 and 2003. The proposals’ intent was to require doctors to provide immediate life-saving care to any infant that survived an intended abortion. The legislation, which included multiple bills, specified that an infant surviving a planned abortion is "born alive" and "shall be fully recognized as a human person and accorded immediate protection under the law."

The bills' supporters said it gave added emphasis to laws already on the books, deterring the death of abortion survivors from neglect. (One of the bills' strongest supporters was a nurse who said she had witnessed infants left to die in dirty utility rooms.) Abortion-rights proponents, on the other hand, said the legislation was a back-door attempt to stop legal abortions.

Illinois already had a law on its books from 1975 that said if a doctor suspected an abortion was scheduled for a viable fetus — meaning able to survive outside of the mother's body — then the child must receive medical care if it survives the abortion. The new laws didn't distinguish between viable and nonviable, meaning that an infant of any age that survived an abortion should receive care.
late term

Santorum breaking from the pack by choosing a noun rather than an adjective to describe himself.

Forum List

Back