CNN Arizona debate thread

Ron Paul.... foreign aid is absolutely fucking vital to some of the world's most vulnerable people. Heartless bastard is not a trait I respect in a politician.

So far it seems to be plenty of Santorum defending his voting record. I don't think that's enough for him to raise votes. He needs to go on the attack.

I disagree. He is leading. Leaders don't attack they act leaderly. Also Rick needs to promote his vision now on tv. Rather than constantly defend himself.

Talking about his vision would certainly help. If Romney stops attacking, Santorum can probably get away with that, but if Romney keeps going after Santorum I think Santorum will have to fight back.

Ron Paul.... foreign aid is absolutely fucking vital to some of the world's most vulnerable people. Heartless bastard is not a trait I respect in a politician.

So you're okay with the money Obama has spent in Libya then?

Most of the foreign aid we send ends up in the wrong hands. Paul is mostly correct.

California Girl - isn't there something to be said for not borrowing money from the bank to "give to charity?" I'm all for helping our fellow citizens of the world...but if we don't have any money, we don't have any money...shouldn't we make sure we are covering the necessities in the U.S. before we spend the massive amounts of money we spend overseas?

Why is it heartless to ask such questions?

Paul proclaims as his opener that

HE IS THE GLADIATOR! lol
Santorum the scumbag proclaims he went after ENTITLEMENTS & will continue to do so; my father fought in three wars for his military pension and dirt like Santorum wants to take them away! Worse than Newt tonight. Santorum attacks alright: DECENT AMERICANS.

California Girl - isn't there something to be said for not borrowing money from the bank to "give to charity?" I'm all for helping our fellow citizens of the world...but if we don't have any money, we don't have any money...shouldn't we make sure we are covering the necessities in the U.S. before we spend the massive amounts of money we spend overseas?

Why is it heartless to ask such questions?

Because long before we were broke, Paul and his ilk wanted to cut foreign aid. Foreign aid has, traditionally, kept many very poor nations from imploding and dragging other countries down with them.

Libertarians are dangerously naive about foreign affairs.

Will someone PLEASE stand up and remind Romney that running the damn Olympics is not the same as running the USA. That line has worn out. Just stop already.

The problem is the money rarely gets to those people who need it.

Then do it better, don't cut it completely.

I dont think it's heartless if we stop the government from giving the aid. Because there is nothing stopping the people from providing aid to those in other nations.

Alexander Hamilton was perhaps the single individual most responsible for robust federal financing. Gingrich's suggestion that Hamilton would be single-mindedly trying to balance the budget is silly. Gingrich might know history, but you wouldn't know it by listening to him.
Jay & Madison supported a CENTRAL government also; and Jay fought to end slavery beginning in 1777.

Will someone PLEASE stand up and remind Romney that running the damn Olympics is not the same as running the USA. That line has worn out. Just stop already.

But he has a point. His history demonstrates he is a man who has balanced budgets and cut spending.

The problem is the money rarely gets to those people who need it.

Then do it better, don't cut it completely.

I dont think it's heartless if we stop the government from giving the aid. Because there is nothing stopping the people from providing aid to those in other nations.

With respect, you are totally naive about the kind of aid, etc that we provide. It's important for us... as a world leading nation... to be seen to be helping where help is needed. It's one of the very few things I agree with on spending. We need to do it better... but we cannot cut it. It would damage our standing in the world, which in turn leads to economic consequences for us.

Someone needs to remind SantorSCum that the military pensions he calls ENTITLEMENTS are EARNED.

Forum List

Back