Church of Sweden announces Greta Thunberg is "successor" of Jesus Christ

DigitalDrifter

Diamond Member
Feb 22, 2013
Oregon
She's back in school on the other side of the ocean.

Church Of Sweden Announced Greta Thunberg ‘Successor’ Of Jesus

The Church of Sweden, which has routinely promoted teen climate change alarmist Greta Thunberg, announced the young girl a “successor” to Jesus Christ last December.

“Announcement! Jesus of Nazareth has now appointed one of his successors, Greta Thunberg”, the Church of Limhamn tweeted on December 1, 2018.

The announcement resurfaced online on Monday, likely due to the church’s most recent support of Thunberg’s activism.

The Church of Sweden, which has routinely promoted teen climate change alarmist Greta Thunberg, announced the young girl a “successor” to Jesus Christ last December.

“Announcement! Jesus of Nazareth has now appointed one of his successors, Greta Thunberg”, the Church of Limhamn tweeted on December 1, 2018.

The announcement resurfaced online on Monday, likely due to the church’s most recent support of Thunberg’s activism.
I thought she was his daughter.

:auiqs.jpg:

So? In the U.S. people believe all kinds of religious nonsense and we're supposed to respect it.

:auiqs.jpg:

How dare you !

Why the fuck was this thread put in 'Europe' ?

This little twit has been making news in the US just as much as other places.

To be fair the Church of Sweden as a whole didn’t say this about her it was one church in Sweden that tweeted this out and has since closed their twitter account.

So? In the U.S. people believe all kinds of religious nonsense and we're supposed to respect it.

Like you respect pseudo-scientific nonsense like "man-made climate change"?

No. Were free to mock stupidity in the US. Only leftists expect the rest of us to "respect" insanity

To be fair the Church of Sweden as a whole didn’t say this about her it was one church in Sweden that tweeted this out and has since closed their twitter account.
Oh, this was satire?
Are you sure? Did the Pope check off on that?

Satire? I didn't say that it was satirical I said that it was an individual church in Sweden that tweeted this about Thunberg not the Church of Sweden. It was also a tweet from last year. I just believe that accuracy is important that's all. I'm also not sure what the Pope has to do with this considering the church in question, as well as the Church of Sweden, is not a Catholic church or entity.

Satire? I didn't say that it was satirical I said that it was an individual church in Sweden that tweeted this about Thunberg not the Church of Sweden.
So you believe some entity within the Church of Sweden truly believes Greta Thunberg is Jesus 2.0? Really?

That is extremely presumptuous, if you ask me. It's entirely more likely this talk about Jesus selecting Thunberg to become a new sort of Jesus...a kind of Jesus that hob nobs with millionaires, the rich and powerful and seems unconcerned with all sorts of social ills and redemption under the cross of Jesus, is entirely done in jest.

If true about Jesus selecting this whiny impertinent teen as his successor he has really changed in two thousand years, I would say. His priorities have really shifted, it looks like.

It was also a tweet from last year. I just believe that accuracy is important that's all. I'm also not sure what the Pope has to do with this considering the church in question, as well as the Church of Sweden, is not a Catholic church or entity.
The Pope is probably the single most powerful leader within the Christian world. Wouldn't his view of Thunberg's divinity be of some value in this matter?

Or do you think this little blip within the Church of Sweden has everything all figured out?

Last edited:
Satire? I didn't say that it was satirical I said that it was an individual church in Sweden that tweeted this about Thunberg not the Church of Sweden.
So you believe some entity within the Church of Sweden truly believes Greta Thunberg is Jesus 2.0? Really?

That is extremely presumptuous, if you ask me. It's entirely more likely this talk about Jesus selecting Thunberg to become a new sort of Jesus...a kind of Jesus that hob nobs with millionaires, the rich and powerful and seems unconcerned with all sorts of social ills and redemption under the cross of Jesus, is entirely done in jest.

If true about Jesus selecting this whiny impertinent teen as his successor he has really changed in two thousand years, I would say. His priorities have really shifted, it looks like.

It was also a tweet from last year. I just believe that accuracy is important that's all. I'm also not sure what the Pope has to do with this considering the church in question, as well as the Church of Sweden, is not a Catholic church or entity.
The Pope is probably the single most powerful leader within the Christian world. Wouldn't his view of Thunberg's divinity be of some value in this matter?

Or do you think this little blip within the Church of Sweden has everything all figured out?

I actually did not say anything like that. I don't know what the pastor of that particular church truly believes and I personally haven't given an opinion on that church's tweet yet. Perhaps the church was being satirical but it's unlikely that the church doesn't at least support or appreciate Thunberg since it has expressed support for her since that particular tweet last year. I would imagine that the church leadership doesn't literally believe that she is a successor of Jesus but I don't know since I don't know them and I haven't been to that church. My comments so far on this topic was clearing up the wrong information that it was the Church of Sweden that said this about her. As for my comment about the Pope this is not a Catholic church, and if we are talking about the Church of Sweden as a whole it was formed to be separate from the Catholic Church. I would guess that the Pope's opinion would be respected in a sense but not necessary.

Forum List

Back