Billionaire Dumping the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints

BertramN

Diamond Member
Jul 15, 2016

Mormon Jeff T. Green has decided to take his estimated $5 billion advertising-technology wealth and renounce the bigoted religion.

Citing the Church’s policies that promote racism, homophobia, and misogyny, Green, as well as eleven family members and a friend formally resigned.

Green has pledged to donate 90% of his estimated $5 billion advertising-technology wealth, and will donate $600,000 to the group Equality Utah.

Green said in a Monday resignation letter to church President Russell M. Nelson that he hasn’t been active in the faith widely known as Mormon for more than a decade but wanted to make his departure official and remove his name from membership records.

Sounds like he's ditching one group of hateful nutters for another. Well, I GUESS he is. It sounds like he did this a decade ago. Bless his heart, I'm sure the LGBT-eee-i-ee-i-o's will appreciate his cash. Hopefully he's feeling lots of warm fuzzies this year. ;)

Imagine if Jews renounced their racist, hateful, bigoted, misogynistic, homophobic religion that seeks world conquest and control. How many trillions of dollars does the Kabbalistic cult owe the world? :heehee:

Mormons are definitely a little wacky but harmless.
No, they aren't. My dad was raised in the Mormon church and in my opinion, my mom didn't divorce him soon enough.

God bless you and my mom always!!!

Holly

P.S. For the past six years I believe that it is now, the Parkinson's Disease has been on my dad's plate. I guess that makes the old saying a true one: "What goes around can and will come around." Yes, my dad has been forgiven for all that he is guilty of but forgetting is a whole other story. Too much had been done and for way too long. I saw him back in February for the first time in years and he made it as clear as glass that even though he physically can't do certain things anymore, his frame of mind will never change and so to heck with him for all that I care. I pray that the Lord forgives me should any of my feelings be over the line in any way.

Mormon Jeff T. Green has decided to take his estimated $5 billion advertising-technology wealth and renounce the bigoted religion.

Citing the Church’s policies that promote racism, homophobia, and misogyny, Green, as well as eleven family members and a friend formally resigned.

Green has pledged to donate 90% of his estimated $5 billion advertising-technology wealth, and will donate $600,000 to the group Equality Utah.

He's just figuring this out now? Where has he been.

While I have a lot of fun mocking Mormonism here, I will actually give the devil their due. They've actually let black people join up since 1978. I mean, progress and stuff.

No, they aren't. My dad was raised in the Mormon church and in my opinion, my mom didn't divorce him soon enough.

Holly

P.S. For the past six years I believe that it is now, the Parkinson's Disease has been on my dad's plate. I guess that makes the old saying a true one: "What goes around can and will come around." Yes, my dad has been forgiven for all that he is guilty of but forgetting is a whole other story. Too much had been done and for way too long. I saw him back in February for the first time in years and he made it as clear as glass that even though he physically can't do certain things anymore, his frame of mind will never change and so to heck with him for all that I care. I pray that the Lord forgives me should any of my feelings be over the line in any way.

How sad.

He is free to do what he wants, I have no clue who he is nor does it matter. I’m more interested in the weather than his choices of religion.

I did the same thing back in 77' because of their racist doctrine that didn't allow blacks to have the power of the priesthood.
What took him so long?

He's just figuring this out now? Where has he been.

While I have a lot of fun mocking Mormonism here, I will actually give the devil their due. They've actually let black people join up since 1978. I mean, progress and stuff.

The LDS church has always allowed black people to join since its founding.

For a while, however, black men weren't permitted to be ordained as priests and deacons.

The LDS church has always allowed black people to join since its founding.

For a while, however, black men weren't permitted to be ordained as priests and deacons.
Before they "cleansed" and closed the tabernacle they built in DC, they opened it for public tours. I have a specific memory of a massive mural painted on an interior wall depicting Christ's return. He was descending to earth on the right and some people were running toward him while on the left others were running away in fear. Guess which side was completely white?

Giving money to Utah equality group?

Sounds he traded one set of racist, opportunistic assholes for another is all he did.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: BWK
Imagine if Jews renounced their racist, hateful, bigoted, misogynistic, homophobic religion that seeks world conquest and control. How many trillions of dollars does the Kabbalistic cult owe the world? :heehee:
Sieg heil.

If I could describe my parents in one word, it would be mismatched, but if there is one thing that they have in common, it would be that they both don't care how front and center their flaws may be. I love my mom, but she too is one heck of a challenge in her own right.

Holly

P.S. If I take after the both of them in any way, I just pray that I only inherited what is good about them, because in my opinion, what is bad about them couldn't be any more of a handful.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back