Christians: Are We Commanded To Preach To Others Or To Try To Save Their Souls?

Now, just exactly which scripture of all those you posted instructs a lay Christian to preach to and to accuse anyone?

The Gospel of Jesus Christ is not a message of accusation or condemnation. The Gospel of Jesus Christ is good news. Jesus Christ atoned and died for the sins of the world. Through His actions we can overcome death and sin. The resurrection brings about our immortality and the Atonement our Eternal Life.

Didn't answer my question though, did it?

the great commission. We are to share the good news with others.

Amen. When someone claims they have read the bible for fifty years and cannot find the great commission there could be a vision problem. I'd look into getting some eyeglasses. That might help.

When someone misinterprets plain scripture as written, perhaps they should pray for understanding. You say you are a preacher and a saver or souls yet you attack your brother. You are the very reason for my OP. You spout salvation but you show your true self.

I agree with this post...but perhaps you should state the reason for your OP? What point are you trying to make?

The reason for my OP is apostasy. I see fewer and fewer people in the Churches these days. I see folks that claim they hate Christians because of their "get in our face" and condemning attitude. You cannot win friends and change attitudes by putting forth the premise that you are somehow better than they are. You cannot tell people they are going to burn in hell's fires for their sins while yet another Christian tells that same person that no one burns in hell but that hell is only the grave. Christians cannot have a message of confusion. My OP stated there is no scripture that commands a lay Christian to preach. We have ordained ministers for that purpose who are supposedly called of God for that purpose. We are to set an example for others in our own lives.

I have read the Bible for some 50+ years now and have found no scriptures instructing the average lay Christian to either preach to sinners or to attempt to save any sinner's soul. If you have discovered such scripture, please post it. Thank you in advance.
Obviously you're unaware of the fact that this is an example of the arrogance common to many Christians, compelling non-Christians to reject your faith – and understandably so.

Who are you to identify another person as a 'sinner,' much less 'preach' to him. And by what 'authority,' your bible - certainly not.

Christians of all people are in no position to 'preach' to anyone about 'sin.'

Your time would be better spent addressing the many faults and failures of your religion, starting with your arrogance.

Why not try to actually READ what I said?

I have read the Bible for some 50+ years now and have found no scriptures instructing the average lay Christian to either preach to sinners or to attempt to save any sinner's soul. If you have discovered such scripture, please post it. Thank you in advance.

Mark 16:15 Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature.

And you are doing just that? How many countries thus far?

I've preached to people on the continent of Africa, people throughout Europe - Italy,Britain,Wales,France & more - Israel, Egypt, Iraq,Iran,Lebanon, anywhere people have a computer - I've preached to them. One of my favorite conversions was a Muslim boy whose mother had me on her friends list in order to keep track of my whereabouts. She wasn't home and he asked me by IM are you my friend? I said of course. He told me his father was a Catholic and his mother was a muslim. I shared the Gospel with him and asked him if he would like to accept Jesus Christ so he would be able to go to heaven ( as this is the only way one can enter heaven is to be born again ) he accepted Jesus Christ and became a born again Christian. Just as we were closing his mother came home and found out he was online with me. She took me off her buddies list but it matters not. Her son is saved and will now lead the rest of the family to Christ. That is just one story. I've got many! How much time do you have?

Into what denomination are you an ordained minister? Do you have a brick and mortar church or just a keyboard?

the great commission. We are to share the good news with others.

Amen. When someone claims they have read the bible for fifty years and cannot find the great commission there could be a vision problem. I'd look into getting some eyeglasses. That might help.

When someone misinterprets plain scripture as written, perhaps they should pray for understanding. You say you are a preacher and a saver or souls yet you attack your brother. You are the very reason for my OP. You spout salvation but you show your true self.

I agree with this post...but perhaps you should state the reason for your OP? What point are you trying to make?

The reason for my OP is apostasy. I see fewer and fewer people in the Churches these days. I see folks that claim they hate Christians because of their "get in our face" and condemning attitude. You cannot win friends and change attitudes by putting forth the premise that you are somehow better than they are. You cannot tell people they are going to burn in hell's fires for their sins while yet another Christian tells that same person that no one burns in hell but that hell is only the grave. Christians cannot have a message of confusion. My OP stated there is no scripture that commands a lay Christian to preach. We have ordained ministers for that purpose who are supposedly called of God for that purpose. We are to set an example for others in our own lives.

No, we're also to share the good news.

Everybody is a sinner. We don't just set an example, we are to share how we have achieved salvation, and the positive way it has affected us.

"Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you."

He commanded them to witness to the people. Therefore, we are all to witness.

Now, just exactly which scripture of all those you posted instructs a lay Christian to preach to and to accuse anyone?

The Gospel of Jesus Christ is not a message of accusation or condemnation. The Gospel of Jesus Christ is good news. Jesus Christ atoned and died for the sins of the world. Through His actions we can overcome death and sin. The resurrection brings about our immortality and the Atonement our Eternal Life.

as no one is claiming the great commission to share the gospel accuses anyone, it actually does answer your question

Obviously you're unaware of the fact that this is an example of the arrogance common to many Christians, compelling non-Christians to reject your faith – and understandably so.

Who are you to identify another person as a 'sinner,' much less 'preach' to him. And by what 'authority,' your bible - certainly not.

Christians of all people are in no position to 'preach' to anyone about 'sin.'

Your time would be better spent addressing the many faults and failures of your religion, starting with your arrogance.

Why not try to actually READ what I said?
Because that would require of him to examine his own arrogance and the hubris by which he promotes it.

The Ten Commandments were given to the Jews, yet they apply to us all correct?

The First Commandment implies we know who God is, but that knowledge must come from hearing the Word.

The commandment you shall not steal sounds very direct, don't steal. Actually it goes beyond that. You should really help protect the property of others. Simply put you should attempt to be proactive. Don't swear, but praise God.

"Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you."

But we are not commanded to preach nor condemn anywhere in the scriptures.

The Ten Commandments were given to the Jews, yet they apply to us all correct?

The First Commandment implies we know who God is, but that knowledge must come from hearing the Word.

Yes. Nothing here about lay Christians preaching though. We have ministers supposedly called men of God to do the preaching.

Again. The great commission tells the disciples to go out and make disciples of everybody, and to tell them to do what Christ told the disciples to do.

Which is go out and preach the word.

as no one is claiming the great commission to share the gospel accuses anyone, it actually does answer your question

Where are the words "great commission" found in the Bible. That's like the word "rapture" which is a man-made term as well. If you have been called to preach, by all means get ordained and go forth and preach,

But we are not commanded to preach nor condemn anywhere in the scriptures.

"Make disciples of".

And nobody said we were commanded to condemn.

Where are the words "great commission" found in the Bible. That's like the word "rapture" which is a man-made term as well. If you have been called to preach, by all means get ordained and go forth and preach,

We call it the great commission, not because that's what the Bible says, but because that is what it is.

Again. The great commission tells the disciples to go out and make disciples of everybody, and to tell them to do what Christ told the disciples to do.

Inventing your own scripture here, are you? Adding to the Bible?

To witness is not to preach. Altogether two different things.

Inventing your own scripture here, are you? Adding to the Bible?

"Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. "

To witness is not to preach. Altogether two different things.

You'll excuse me if I trust my own understanding of the language, rather than yours, since you have produced ample evidence that you lack understanding, and have conceived of this thread as nothing but a bait thread.

Forum List

Back