Christians: Are We Commanded To Preach To Others Or To Try To Save Their Souls?

I have read the Bible for some 50+ years now and have found no scriptures instructing the average lay Christian to either preach to sinners or to attempt to save any sinner's soul. If you have discovered such scripture, please post it. Thank you in advance.

Lets be honest about this. Almost every church and every preacher I've ever ran into said you should spread the word. They encourage it. But lets say you are a little girl who's shy and doesn't talk to people unless you are on the internet. Are you going to go up to people on the street and talk that jesus shit? No. Or if you are a freshman girl in high school. Are you going to try to convert the girl seniors? Fuck no you'll get your ass kicked. And keep in mind those girls are probably chistians too. Maybe they weren't born again but they were baptized as babies. Are you going to tell them they need a do over? Fuck no!

Will you go to hell if you keep your religion to yourself? No. First of all because there is no hell, secondly because no you are right. It isn't a requirement. God didn't say you have to tell 10 people a day. But the point of the story of Jesus telling his disciples to spread the word means you too should spread the word. Don't argue with me, talk to all the Christian churches who preach it to their members.

It is implied.

What I want these self-appointed and self-ordained preachers to tell me just where in America today is there a dark city or dark corner in which the gospel is not being preached already by bona fide Churches and duly ordained ministers.

Look Satan, it is quite obvious you are a hypocrite and from the beginning of this thread have tried to withhold the Word of God from nonbelievers. You were called on it, too bad.

How is the gospel being withheld from non-believers? Where is it being withheld. Please name the city or exact location.

I have read the Bible for some 50+ years now and have found no scriptures instructing the average lay Christian to either preach to sinners or to attempt to save any sinner's soul. If you have discovered such scripture, please post it. Thank you in advance.

Lets be honest about this. Almost every church and every preacher I've ever ran into said you should spread the word. They encourage it. But lets say you are a little girl who's shy and doesn't talk to people unless you are on the internet. Are you going to go up to people on the street and talk that jesus shit? No. Or if you are a freshman girl in high school. Are you going to try to convert the girl seniors? Fuck no you'll get your ass kicked. And keep in mind those girls are probably chistians too. Maybe they weren't born again but they were baptized as babies. Are you going to tell them they need a do over? Fuck no!

Will you go to hell if you keep your religion to yourself? No. First of all because there is no hell, secondly because no you are right. It isn't a requirement. God didn't say you have to tell 10 people a day. But the point of the story of Jesus telling his disciples to spread the word means you too should spread the word. Don't argue with me, talk to all the Christian churches who preach it to their members.

It is implied.

What I want these self-appointed and self-ordained preachers to tell me just where in America today is there a dark city or dark corner in which the gospel is not being preached already by bona fide Churches and duly ordained ministers.

Repeating you mad comments? Do you stutter?

It is implied.

Look Satan, it is quite obvious you are a hypocrite and from the beginning of this thread have tried to withhold the Word of God from nonbelievers. You were called on it, too bad.

How is the gospel being withheld from non-believers? Where is it being withheld. Please name the city or exact location.

As suggested by you, it should be withheld where ever Avatar or I am, because you don't want us to share it. Futher it is your point of view that no one but an ordained minister speak it. I know you THINK you are clever, but alas another failure in your existence.

It is implied.

Repeating you mad comments? Do you stutter?

Missing a r there Satan...

It is implied.

As suggested by you, it should be withheld where ever Avatar or I am, because you don't want us to share it. Futher it is your point of view that no one but an ordained minister speak it. I know you THINK you are clever, but alas another failure in your existence.

Don't you just hate it when I ask you a simple question that you don't want to answer? Rave on madman.

People want to do unto others as they understand that God has done for them.

Those who were saved by forgiveness and healing, seek to share this gift with others to be saved this way.

Those who were saved by being beaten into submission because they were stubborn and rebellious
tend to use that approach when they see others like themselves that respond to this. I don't.

I learned by forgiveness and be able to correct and heal of past abusive conflicts.

So I share by the spirit of Restorative Justice which I believe Christ Jesus embodies and means.

But I see others who use the Retributive Justice focus on judgment and punishment
to knock some sense into the heads of those like themselves who somehow need a stronger approach. not me!

The problem happens when we apply the
Wrong approach to the wrong audience and cause harm.

When the right approach is used for the right context, it works for those people.

we need to help people of both approaches identify the right place, time and audience
so we can all be more effective in sharing what has benefited us in order to help others.

I hope that helps you make sense of what is going on.

Let the people under Retributive Justice redress each other, so if you believe
in judgment and punishment, that is the justice you give and that is the justice you get in return.
The is Old Testament law and way of doing things by the letter to hold the Pharisees to account to their own words.

Let those under Restorative Justice correct one another in the spirit of truth and forgiveness
focusing on correction and restitution to heal and restore good faith relations.
We reap what we sow. We are held to the words and standards of judgment we invoke for others equally as ourselves.

So let people decide and organize under the path that calls to them and holds them to account.

People want to do unto others as they understand that God has done for them.

Those who were saved by forgiveness and healing, seek to share this gift with others to be saved this way.

Those who were saved by being beaten into submission because they were stubborn and rebellious
tend to use that approach when they see others like themselves that respond to this. I don't.

I learned by forgiveness and be able to correct and heal of past abusive conflicts.

So I share by the spirit of Restorative Justice which I believe Christ Jesus embodies and means.

But I see others who use the Retributive Justice focus on judgment and punishment
to knock some sense into the heads of those like themselves who somehow need a stronger approach. not me!

The problem happens when we apply the
Wrong approach to the wrong audience and cause harm.

When the right approach is used for the right context, it works for those people.

we need to help people of both approaches identify the right place, time and audience
so we can all be more effective in sharing what has benefited us in order to help others.

I hope that helps you make sense of what is going on.

Let the people under Retributive Justice redress each other, so if you believe
in judgment and punishment, that is the justice you give and that is the justice you get in return.
The is Old Testament law and way of doing things by the letter to hold the Pharisees to account to their own words.

Let those under Restorative Justice correct one another in the spirit of truth and forgiveness
focusing on correction and restitution to heal and restore good faith relations.
We reap what we sow. We are held to the words and standards of judgment we invoke for others equally as ourselves.

So let people decide and organize under the path that calls to them and holds them to account.

That's why we embrace freedom of religion. That's why folks are free to attend the church of their own choice and hear the kind of preaching they choose. That's why no one is invited to preach to me unless I make the request. I reserve the right to choose who preaches to me and which church I attend.

As you haven't found any, one cannot help but wonder what motivates you to harangue and preach to the members here.

As you haven't found any, one cannot help but wonder what motivates you to harangue and preach to the members here.

The same thing that motivates your apparent hatred for those who disagree with your brand of religion.

The same thing that motivates your apparent hatred for those who disagree with your brand of religion.

You're projecting hun. A professional could help you deal with that problem.

Forum List

Back