Christians: Are We Commanded To Preach To Others Or To Try To Save Their Souls?

Now, just exactly which scripture of all those you posted instructs a lay Christian to preach to and to accuse anyone?

The Gospel of Jesus Christ is not a message of accusation or condemnation. The Gospel of Jesus Christ is good news. Jesus Christ atoned and died for the sins of the world. Through His actions we can overcome death and sin. The resurrection brings about our immortality and the Atonement our Eternal Life.

Didn't answer my question though, did it?

as no one is claiming the great commission to share the gospel accuses anyone, it actually does answer your question

Where are the words "great commission" found in the Bible. That's like the word "rapture" which is a man-made term as well. If you have been called to preach, by all means get ordained and go forth and preach,

We call it the great commission, not because that's what the Bible says, but because that is what it is.

You'd be better served to do what the Bible actually says and leave off adding anything to it.

"Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you."

He commanded them to witness to the people. Therefore, we are all to witness.

To witness is not to preach. Altogether two different things.

You'll excuse me if I trust my own understanding of the language, rather than yours, since you have produced ample evidence that you lack understanding.

Another angry preacher. My my. And sinners are to do as this says to do? What example is your anger setting?

I'm served just fine, thanks.

The bible says to share the word, make disciples of men.

How did Christ and Paul do that?

Oh yeah. They shared the word, and made disciples of men...by preaching..or sermonizing...whatever you like to call it.

I made the mistake of treating this like a thread made in good faith, to obtain/share information.

It's just bait thread. Meh.

"This section of Scripture is known as the Great Commission. As the last recorded personal directive of the Savior to his disciples, it holds great significance to all followers of Christ. It is the foundation for evangelism and cross-cultural missions work in Christian theology. Because the Lord's instructions were to go to all nations and that he would be with us until the very end of the age, Christians of all generations have embraced this command. As many have said, it's not "The Great Suggestion." No, the Lord has commanded us to put our faith in action."

What Is The Great Commission

"
Mark 16:15-18
He said to them, "Go into all the world and preach the good news to all creation. Whoever believes and is baptized will be saved, but whoever does not believe will be condemned. And these signs will accompany those who believe: In my name they will drive out demons; they will speak in new tongues; they will pick up snakes with their hands; and when they drink deadly poison, it will not hurt them at all; they will place their hands on sick people, and they will get well." (NIV)"

I'm served just fine, thanks.

The bible says to share the word, make disciples of men.

How did Christ and Paul do that?

Oh yeah. They shared the word, and made disciples of men...by preaching..or sermonizing...whatever you like to call it.

Paul was an Apostle. You are not. Paul and Silas were called to preach. Are you claiming you are called to preach? If so, you need to pray about your anger problem.

"This section of Scripture is known as the Great Commission. As the last recorded personal directive of the Savior to his disciples, it holds great significance to all followers of Christ. It is the foundation for evangelism and cross-cultural missions work in Christian theology. Because the Lord's instructions were to go to all nations and that he would be with us until the very end of the age, Christians of all generations have embraced this command. As many have said, it's not "The Great Suggestion." No, the Lord has commanded us to put our faith in action."

That is not from the Bible.

"First, it's the last recorded personal instruction given by Jesus to His disciples. Second, it's a special calling from Jesus Christ to all His followers to take specific action while on this earth."
"This verse acts as a clear claim to Christ's omnipotence, and therefore His deity. If Christians do not believe this statement, complete faith does not exist. Jesus is very clear about His authority in the world -- it is complete and total from the beginning of time itself (John 1:1-3).

"In verse 19, Jesus gives His believers specific directions to follow after they have affirmed their faith. "Go therefore and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit." Jesus calls all His followers to act and share the Good News of salvation throughout the world. - See more at: The Great Commission

The Great Commission

"
Mark 16:15-18
He said to them, "Go into all the world and preach the good news to all creation. Whoever believes and is baptized will be saved, but whoever does not believe will be condemned. And these signs will accompany those who believe: In my name they will drive out demons; they will speak in new tongues; they will pick up snakes with their hands; and when they drink deadly poison, it will not hurt them at all; they will place their hands on sick people, and they will get well." (NIV)"

You one of the snake handler's too?

"Christians are instructed to teach others about Jesus Christ and the entirety of His truth. We can't profess Christ as Savior and Lord, while rejecting certain of His teachings."

The Great Commission

That is not from the Bible.

Nope. When I quote from the bible, I will provide the book, chapter, verse.

Is this discussion to be confined only to scripture?

If so, the OP is sadly out of line.

Is this discussion to be confined only to scripture?

If so, the OP is sadly out of line.

Let me ask you a couple of questions. How many souls have you lost with your preaching? Do you actually teach a Sunday School or Bible class at your own Church? Do you preach at your own Church? What denominational doctrines do you preach?

(Christ was speaking to the 12 apostles and the apostle's and Christ's 72(70) disciples, 72(70) students, not to the laymen in the great commission...

And in the lesser commission He was speaking to just the 12 apostles...

The great commission scripture is in Luke that I know about, maybe in Mark too and the other gospels?

...don't know the chapter and verse

Why would you not want to spread the Good Word as a believer?

I do but I don't preach to anyone nor do I point out to them that they are sinners. That's not my pay-grade.

I will come to your house, introduce myself and hand you a nice printed pamphlet. On the pamphlet will be imprinted a nice photo of my church, the hours the various services are held and the name of the pastor and secretary. It will have a map showing directions to the church from known landmarks. My own name and phone number will be hand-written on the handout.

I will invite you to my church and tell you that you and your family would be most welcome to attend at your convenience. I will also tell you that should you accept my invitation to attend to please ask for me at the church's front door. I will meet you at the front door and guide you to your seats and will sit with you during the services. I will point out the restrooms and water fountains and inform you that no offering will be required of you. I will introduce you to the pastor, the song leader, the church secretary, the other deacons, and to many of the church members. I will never ask if you are a sinner.

good for you.

What does that have to do with the great commission?

When did Christ tell the disciples to hand out pamplets?

good for you.

What does that have to do with the great commission?

When did Christ tell the disciples to hand out pamplets?

My OP said nothing about the great commission which is a man-made term. Why can't you preaching Christians answer some of my questions every once in a while?

Your OP asks where in the Bible we are told to preach.

We are told to preach in the Great Commission, and in fact the word PREACH is used in the NIV.

Your dishonesty marks you as irrelevant.

Forum List

Back