Christian Parents Physically Attack Gay Son Before Disowning Him

actually in modifying my post to insert YOUR bigotry, you violated board rules. your post has been reported.

now run along and be the hate-filled, lying bigot that you are.

Hahahah predictable hypocrit. It's your bigotry.

A genuine Christian would apologize for violating the rules because that would be the honest thing to do.

You telling someone about how a Christian should act, is akin to Mother Teresa telling General Patton how to wage war. :lame2:

i know that christianity doesn't require bigotry. i also know that christianity doesn't require you to adopt an obscure passage from leviticus which you don't believe in anyway.

you don't know WHAT i know about christianity. but jesus would hate the intolerant scum using his name to justify hatred and bigotry

And you knowing Jesus, is akin to the stars of Duck Dynasty knowing a razor.

Given that the troll is attacking the poster rather than the content of the thread and adding nothing of value it is time to treat the noob with the contempt he deserves.

Given that the troll is attacking the poster rather than the content of the thread and adding nothing of value it is time to treat the noob with the contempt he deserves.
You wish to talk about honest Christians, something you know nothing about, but when it is pointed out to you, that you know nothing about Christians, you cut and run and try another form of attack. Shame on you for not being an honorable person, that too, is something you know nothing about, honor.

actually in modifying my post to insert YOUR bigotry, you violated board rules. your post has been reported.

A genuine Christian would apologize for violating the rules because that would be the honest thing to do.
Would a genuine Muslim or Jew do? What about a genuine fudge packer?

Weird post.

starting with not calling them a fudge packer, you mean?

again... don't use religion to justify your hatred.

Weird post.

And yet when you point out that they are doing exactly that they become offended and claim that you are attacking them for their religion. Their cognitive dissonance must be deafening them to all reason.

Weird post.

Who's using religion? I am not religious at all, but if I were I couldn't use the term "fudge packer"?

Weird PC police tactics.

Apparently the step mother was initially supportive when he came out last October. The church or the father / other relatives may have been putting on the pressure to have this 4-on-one dog-pile of a Pray the Gay Away Intervention.

(yeah, prayer will just remove the thing YOU said you've known was there since Daniel was a lil baby boy, mum. Ha!)

Which could be a subject for another thread itself. This goes to the heart of something deeper in the denial of those who are anti-gay. Here is a mother who said she recognized this boy was gay - in her words "since he was a little boy." Yet immediately switches to how he "chose" to be gay. Think on that.

Many of us (if not most) have known people we went to school with/relatives with, who from very young, exhibited well, for lack of any other way to put it, set off the gaydar signals. A lot of you know what I'm talking about.

This mother did. She picked up on his gayness from very young. And so often, that kid we knew from school -- turns out be, yes, gay. (some may say, yes, but was it a chicken & egg thing - which came first, that is, did that person become what people thought he was? no, the vast majority really do not *chose to be gay.).

The innateness of homosexuality is something we fight over endlessly on these boards, and even in the same-sex marriage court rulings, judges have to grapple with it, because if it is indeed innate, not a choice, then all the things anti-homosexuals fight against crumble, and all they are left with is shreds of their own insecurities, 'jesuz told me to beat you' in the last gasps and angry cries to cover their naked bigotry.

I'm going to assume his parents are innocent of any crimes.

You saw the video, you know his father attacked him. That is a crime, yet you deny it?

You must be stupid.

Video is terrible. What crime was the father charged with?

You think the boy should have pressed charges? I don't think he wants to see his father again.

I think he should have DRAWN AND COCKED on his father!

A microcosm of the anti-homosexual dilemma is seen in this video, IMO, from beginning to end. I think that is why it captured over three million hits in few days, not just for the shocking parental assault, but on another other level -when the mother makes that remarkable statement, which isn't being discussed much.

Then again, maybe it's just me :D

Then he should be charging his parents with assault but he isn't is he? Why is that do you think?

IMO it's because all he wanted was the video to post.

Maybe the same reason I never pressed charges against my father for the dozens of aggravated assaults, assault with a deadly weapon, extortion, and many other things he did.

Daniel never posted it to youtube.

This is how it came to be seen, and in tune, went viral:

Daniel's boyfriend first posted the video to Reddit. A friend of Daniel's posted it to YouTube, then Dan Savage posted it on his blog, followed by Joe.My.God. and The New Civil Rights Movement. Soon after other sites, including the Backlot and The Advocate, had published it as well.
It doesn't matter where it got posted.

He taped it for a reason and we know that reason was not to bring it to the cops as evidence of assault. He taped it to show it to other people and yes to ultimately put it on line

He recorded it for his own protection...no more and no less. He came home from work and was ambushed by a pack of relatives.

Apparently the step mother was initially supportive when he came out last October. The church or the father / other relatives may have been putting on the pressure to have this 4-on-one dog-pile of a Pray the Gay Away Intervention.

(yeah, prayer will just remove the thing YOU said you've known was there since Daniel was a lil baby boy, mum. Ha!)

Which could be a subject for another thread itself. This goes to the heart of something deeper in the denial of those who are anti-gay. Here is a mother who said she recognized this boy was gay - in her words "since he was a little boy." Yet immediately switches to how he "chose" to be gay. Think on that.

Many of us (if not most) have known people we went to school with/relatives with, who from very young, exhibited well, for lack of any other way to put it, set off the gaydar signals. A lot of you know what I'm talking about.

This mother did. She picked up on his gayness from very young. And so often, that kid we knew from school -- turns out be, yes, gay. (some may say, yes, but was it a chicken & egg thing - which came first, that is, did that person become what people thought he was? no, the vast majority really do not *chose to be gay.).

The innateness of homosexuality is something we fight over endlessly on these boards, and even in the same-sex marriage court rulings, judges have to grapple with it, because if it is indeed innate, not a choice, then all the things anti-homosexuals fight against crumble, and all they are left with is shreds of their own insecurities, 'jesuz told me to beat you' in the last gasps and angry cries to cover their naked bigotry.
He could have just walked out of the so called intervention but he didn't do that either.

He wanted his video.

Then he should be charging his parents with assault but he isn't is he? Why is that do you think?

IMO it's because all he wanted was the video to post.

Maybe the same reason I never pressed charges against my father for the dozens of aggravated assaults, assault with a deadly weapon, extortion, and many other things he did.
What reason was that?

How not to act:

A 19-year-old boy from the US has secretly filmed his parents verbally and physically attacking him after having a conversation with them about his homosexuality.

Daniel tries to explain to his Christian parents that he hasn’t chosen to be gay. They proceed to disown him and demand he move out. His mother then physically attacks him, before his father tells him that he is a disgrace.

Read more at Shocking video Daniel coming out to his parents.

The transcript of the conversation is there if you can't watch the video. What sort of sick bastard beats his own child simply for being gay? And how idiotic is the mother to believe a book over science?

I am assuming that for most Christians, if you were told your son/daughter was gay you would love them regardless and allow them to remain living under your roof. Instead, these parents hated their son so much they didn't want anything to do with him.

It is tribal behavior bt the parents,not your typical Christians at all,good thing they weren't Islamist they might have killed him.

He could have just walked out of the so called intervention but he didn't do that either.

He wanted his video.
It is with hope
someday, you may get a clue.
Given the tone and depth of your posts

I doubt it.

Have a nice day, and may Karma bring you all you richly deserve.

Weird post.

Who's using religion? I am not religious at all, but if I were I couldn't use the term "fudge packer"?

Weird PC police tactics.
As an ignorant, hateful bigot you're at liberty to use any terms you wish – with impunity, no one will try to prevent you from doing so.

Confirming once again that there's no such thing as 'PC police,' that 'political correctness' is a myth contrived by the right in a failed effort to deflect from the ignorance and hate many conservatives practice, yours being one such example.

Weird post.

Weird PC police tactics.
As an ignorant, hateful bigot you're at liberty to use any terms you wish – with impunity, no one will try to prevent you from doing so.

Confirming once again that there's no such thing as 'PC police,' that 'political correctness' is a myth contrived by the right in a failed effort to deflect from the ignorance and hate many conservatives practice, yours being one such example.
Now that's funny! Practicing PC while denying it is certainly a novel approach.:happy-1:

You wish to talk about honest Christians, something you know nothing about, but when it is pointed out to you, that you know nothing about Christians, you cut and run and try another form of attack. Shame on you for not being an honorable person, that too, is something you know nothing about, honor.
Are you an example of an honest Christian?

Forum List

Back