Religion and marriage

I

Indofred

BBC News - The Jewish fear of intermarriage

Muslim men may marry a non Muslim woman, but she does not have to convert to Islam.
A Jewish man may marry a non Jewish woman, but any kids will not be considered Jewish.
Catholics get serious funny about intermarriage as well.

Intermarriage - when Jews wed non-Jews - has been called a threat to the future survival of the Jewish nation. So what happened when there were reports that the Israeli prime minister's son was dating a Norwegian non-Jew?

The Norwegian daily Dagen last week reported that Norwegian Sandra Leikanger and Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu's son Yair are a couple, to which the office of Mr Netanyahu has responded - according to Israeli media - by insisting they are only college classmates. But the damage has already been done.

Do you think these restrictions are reasonable?

Muslim men may marry a non Muslim woman, but she does not have to convert to Islam.
A Jewish man may marry a non Jewish woman, but any kids will not be considered Jewish.

Intermarriage - when Jews wed non-Jews - has been called a threat to the future survival of the Jewish nation. So what happened when there were reports that the Israeli prime minister's son was dating a Norwegian non-Jew?

The Norwegian daily Dagen last week reported that Norwegian Sandra Leikanger and Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu's son Yair are a couple, to which the office of Mr Netanyahu has responded - according to Israeli media - by insisting they are only college classmates. But the damage has already been done.

Of course they're reasonable. Every group should define itself and then strictly police those definitions.

And the Muslim haters think that if a non Muslim woman marries a Muslim man, she must convert to Islam or lose her head.

No they are not reasonable and such animosity toward intermingling is slowing down the progress towards a more diverse and accepting world. It's hard to be a racist if you come from multiple ethnic backgrounds and the same goes for religious backgrounds as well. Lines exist only to divide us and should be blurred by intermingling like this.

No they are not reasonable and such animosity toward intermingling is slowing down the progress towards a more diverse and accepting world. It's hard to be a racist if you come from multiple ethnic backgrounds and the same goes for religious backgrounds as well. Lines exist only to divide us and should be blurred by intermingling like this.

Why do you hate diversity so much that you want to exterminate it around the world. This is like genocide.

And the Muslim haters think that if a non Muslim woman marries a Muslim man, she must convert to Islam or lose her head.
Maybe not, but she has to allow her husband to marry 3 more women.

She does have to allow it, in writing, and the husband must provide equally for all his wives.
Without that permission, he can't do it.

She does have to allow it, in writing, and the husband must provide equally for all his wives.
Without that permission, he can't do it.
Then he just beats her until she gives in. Anyways, which Muslim sect allows women to call the shots? ISIS would like to know. :D
Any religion that allows such inequality of the sexes is for donkeys.

I still can't figure out how a woman who knows differently could possibly want to marry a Muslim male.
:dunno:

There's a lot of truth here...

No group should be able to keep Romeo and Juliet from digging on each other if that's what those two crazy kids want.

Muslim men may indeed marry non-Muslim women. Happened in "Not Without My Daughter" for example...;)

The Jewish preference for Jewish-Jewish marriages and family has to do with statistical support showing how when interfaith marriages occur, the kids are rarely raised Jewish. My personal feelings though differ and are more about 'given how few Jews there are in the world as it is, limiting the reproducing population to other Jews projected foward, is going to have disastrous results due to the limited gene pool.' Already we see Jews disproportionately carrying Taysach's disease because of excessive inbreeding which only exaccerbates limited genetic variety.

Compared to Muslims and Christians whose populations are strong and diverse, if we continue this practice of overemphasizing the value of Jew-Jew marriage and reproduction we're a doomed people. We need to relax this emphasis and broaden our hoirizons and get literally a lot of new blood into the gene pool.

I don't worry about how kids will be raised believing any strict upbringing only puts kids off religion. Rather it should be more about presenting the faith in only positive ways as Chanukah and other celebratory practices. But not the stricter stuff like limited activity during Sabbath, mandatory fasts, etc. That can wait until kids are adults. If they turn out Reform instead of Orthodox that's better than turning their backs completely imo.

Why do you hate diversity so much that you want to exterminate it around the world. This is like genocide.

That's ridiculous, how is it like genocide. And I want diversity both cultural and genetic. That's one of the reasons I think intermingling like this should be encouraged. Another is that it promotes good relations between the groups in question.

I still can't figure out how a woman who knows differently could possibly want to marry a Muslim male.

I can't understand how you're so fucking stupid.
Are all white Americans the same, or do they all hold different beliefs and ideals?
If so, why are you too stupid to realise Muslims are just as different from each other?

Really, turn your brain on.

Muslims can be very disarming and charming, especially if wanting to get married. I think by comparison to religions they're used to, seeing someone seemingly very religious is very attractive to a lot of people dissatisfied with Christians they're used to. By comparison, the average liberal Muslim is still considerably more devout than a 'very religious Christian.' That's very attractive to a lot of people.

Would strongly advise not going to a Muslim controlled country then though. If the marriage was to get a slave for a wife you wont find out about that until abroad. Gotta figure if non-Muslim brides are so good, why do you then gotta go abroad? :)

That's ridiculous, how is it like genocide. And I want diversity both cultural and genetic. That's one of the reasons I think intermingling like this should be encouraged. Another is that it promotes good relations between the groups in question.

If the Jewish out-marriage trend continues, each generation will see fewer and fewer Jews. You've just reduced diversity in the world. Same applies to other groups. Diversity means that there must exist different groups and these groups do their own thing, and that's what actually creates diversity. For diversity to be preserved, groups need to put up barriers to stop dilution.

There used to exist such a thing as "British Culture" but with the introduction of multiculturalism that now no longer exists. Gone forever. Now there is some freak hybrid monster of British-Multiculturalism which passes for British Culture. Diversity killed British Culture because British Culture didn't erect boundaries and protect it's own uniqueness.

Same principle applies to male colleges. Ooops, there are none left because they all went co-ed, so for any young guy who wants to experience life and to study in an all-male institution with a culture informed by only men, he can't find it anywhere. Diversicrat cultists have genocided that culture out of existence and the world is poorer by reducing diversity in this way.

If the Jewish out-marriage trend continues, each generation will see fewer and fewer Jews. You've just reduced diversity in the world. Same applies to other groups. Diversity means that there must exist different groups and these groups do their own thing, and that's what actually creates diversity. For diversity to be preserved, groups need to put up barriers to stop dilution.

There used to exist such a thing as "British Culture" but with the introduction of multiculturalism that now no longer exists. Gone forever. Now there is some freak hybrid monster of British-Multiculturalism which passes for British Culture. Diversity killed British Culture because British Culture didn't erect boundaries and protect it's own uniqueness.

Same principle applies to male colleges. Ooops, there are none left because they all went co-ed, so for any young guy who wants to experience life and to study in an all-male institution with a culture informed by only men, he can't find it anywhere. Diversicrat cultists have genocided that culture out of existence and the world is poorer by reducing diversity in this way.

I see what's going on here. You're a bigot and you're angry that society is starting to take away your bigot cultures and your bigot institutions and your bigot way of life. Well you can piss off, because the world is becoming more and more of a melting pot of multiculturalism each day and there isn't shit you can do about it. :)

Forum List

Back