Christian Parents Physically Attack Gay Son Before Disowning Him

So I gather from this thread that with a gun to their heads.... parents are ordered to love/like their children regardless if they lie, rob, kill, become terrorists....etc?

Total rubbish!

No, that is not what is being posted.

Being gay is not the same thing as committing criminal acts.

Those that are attempting to conflate being gay with criminality are wrong. It would be like deciding to hate your child because they developed a congenital heart disease.

Being a homosexual is not a sin, committing a homosexual act is a sin, same as any other sin.

And, choosing to be gay is not like a child developing a medical condition, it is a choice, and you have no evidence to prove that it is not a choice, none whatsoever, as much as you wish you did.

you do not choose to be gay. and if you believe that you do, you must wake up every morning praying to stop being attracted to men.

get it now?

So I gather from this thread that with a gun to their heads.... parents are ordered to love/like their children regardless if they lie, rob, kill, become terrorists....etc?

Total rubbish!

Those that are attempting to conflate being gay with criminality are wrong. It would be like deciding to hate your child because they developed a congenital heart disease.

Being a homosexual is not a sin, committing a homosexual act is a sin, same as any other sin.

And, choosing to be gay is not like a child developing a medical condition, it is a choice, and you have no evidence to prove that it is not a choice, none whatsoever, as much as you wish you did.
What you fail to understand, likely the consequence of your fear, ignorance, and hate, is that it makes no difference whether one is gay as a consequence of birth or choice – the fact remains that homosexuality is not 'immoral' and that gay Americans have the right to express themselves in the context of individual liberty as they see fit.

What frightens you and many on the right most is that they are indeed expressing themselves as free individuals, in defiance of what you and other authoritarian conservatives perceive to be 'normal,' where you seek to disadvantage gay Americans in an effort to compel them to 'conform.'

i know that christianity doesn't require bigotry. i also know that christianity doesn't require you to adopt an obscure passage from leviticus which you don't believe in anyway.

you don't know WHAT i know about christianity. but jesus would hate the intolerant scum using his name to justify hatred and bigotry

Amen, sister! :thup:

Total rubbish!

What you fail to understand, likely the consequence of your fear, ignorance, and hate, is that it makes no difference whether one is gay as a consequence of birth or choice – the fact remains that homosexuality is not 'immoral' and that gay Americans have the right to express themselves in the context of individual liberty as they see fit.

What frightens you and many on the right most is that they are indeed expressing themselves as free individuals, in defiance of what you and other authoritarian conservatives perceive to be 'normal,' where you seek to disadvantage gay Americans in an effort to compel them to 'conform.'

I honestly don't care what he fears and is ignorant of as long as he doesn't subject others to his nonsense.

Gay people were born that way and do not have a choice as to the feelings they have. Just the same as child molesters, serial killers, compulsive shoplifters, and anyone with an obsessive compulsive disorder. They were all born that way. While I cannot sit here and say that homosexuality is a sin, or is wrong, that's not my call. I have not been asked to decide whether someone has committed a crime. The man's parents were not asked to decide whether their son had committed a crime but whether they would commit a sin of their own. Homosexuality is not nearly the same kind of sin as accepting it as normal is because that is a conscious decision.

That's the decision these parents had to make. They had to decide whether or not they would commit a sin by accepting their son's homosexual behavior. They decided not to do that. Instead of accepting his parent's decision, the young man became abusive toward his mother. Predictably she decided not to accept that kind of treatment.

It really is no different that parents confronting a daughter about her rampant promiscuity, or a parent confronting a child about drug use or drinking. You do what you want. You just don't do it in my house. There is no right of a child to become abusive when informed that the parents who pay the bills will no longer tolerate unacceptable behavior in their home.

In this particular case, it went a step further. The adult child lived at home and chose to trash talk his parents all over social media. He chose to live under the roof his father paid for, eat the food his father bought, and attack them behind their backs. They were right to throw him out, but should have done it instantly.

In other words, they have a theory, and no facts! As usual.

They already have the facts on how epigenetics work, what they still need is evidence. However all of the facts fit the theory.

You do realize, most everyone wants the cause for homosexuality to be found in science. For if it is found in science, then thanks to the liberals hard work in killing unborn babies, and making sure everyone knows it's a woman's own uterus, most homosexual children, will then be able to be fixed before birth, just as some heterosexual children will be turned homosexual. Yeah, real double edged sword.

:cuckoo:

Do you have any clue just how demented you sound to normal people?

Gay people were born that way and do not have a choice as to the feelings they have. Just the same as child molesters, serial killers, compulsive shoplifters, and anyone with an obsessive compulsive disorder. They were all born that way.

:rolleyes: that is quite a logical chasm you just tried to cross...

Total rubbish!

you do not choose to be gay. and if you believe that you do, you must wake up every morning praying to stop being attracted to men.

get it now?
Again I say, prove it!

Total rubbish!

Homosexuals who commit homosexual acts are perverse people who commit disgusting acts. So, yeah, I call that immoral. Just the same as those who call homosexuals names such as 'fudgepacker' or those who will use their fists against someone just for proclaiming that they are a homosexual. The world is full of immorality.

And you can believe me or not, but there is nothing we discuss on the boards, that frightens me.

They already have the facts on how epigenetics work, what they still need is evidence. However all of the facts fit the theory.

You do realize, most everyone wants the cause for homosexuality to be found in science. For if it is found in science, then thanks to the liberals hard work in killing unborn babies, and making sure everyone knows it's a woman's own uterus, most homosexual children, will then be able to be fixed before birth, just as some heterosexual children will be turned homosexual. Yeah, real double edged sword.

I know you have a brain, so use it, and think.

100 years ago, people would have called you crazy if you told them, there would be clinics used to kill unborn babies, and the government would sanctify those clinics.

Now we are getting to a point in history, where we can do all kinds of things with genetics. We are almost to the point where many diseases can be recognized in utero, and be eliminated with drugs or treatment. How much longer do you think it will be before we start changing the sex of an unborn child(if they aren't already), and then the next logical step is to build a better human, is it not? By genetic engineering a child(which is being done in a number of ways already), to be healthy, then to be blue eyed, then to be 6ft tall, then to be athletic, do you see the progress here?

Why is it a stretch for the next steps to be, choosing ones sexual orientation? That is why I say, many people are hoping to find the 'gay gene' so it could be destroyed.

Yep, it sounds out there, and I don't want to see it happen either, but the ground work is already there.

Given that the troll is attacking the poster rather than the content of the thread and adding nothing of value it is time to treat the noob with the contempt he deserves.

You wish to talk about honest Christians, something you know nothing about, but when it is pointed out to you, that you know nothing about Christians, you cut and run and try another form of attack. Shame on you for not being an honorable person, that too, is something you know nothing about, honor.

Are you an example of an honest Christian?

I try my best to be honest in every aspect of my life, not just my Christianity. I don't act one way toward one person and different to someone else, and I refrain from insulting people, when it can be helped. Calling a homosexual a 'fudge packer' is not nice and is uncalled for.

What I don't like is people, who are not Christian, and have never tried to live up to the title, telling me how a Christian is supposed to behave, act and think. That's like me telling a doctor how to treat cancer, I have no clue, so I bow to his knowledge, and if I don't like it, I seek a second opinion, but I don't go to a witch doctor for that second opinion, because I think I will like what he tells me more, not if I want to healed.

And people who group all Christians together, are doing the same thing as saying, a black woman robbed the store, thus all black women are thieves. It makes no sense whatsoever.

For me, it's really simple, tell people the truth as you know it to be. Lying to someone, and telling them what you think they want to hear, always does more damage than good.

You took the side of a libeler over the truth. Says volumes about you that you would attack the person telling the truth rather than deal with the transgressor.

The only side I took, was to point out, that you have no idea who Jesus is, or what He preached, or what it is to be a Christian. You not being able to recognize that, tells the world that you have no common sense, maybe a bunch of book learnin, but no common sense whatsoever.

barry shartwater said:
I'm not sure Derideo_Te has either one, honestly.

The only thing I've ever gathered from him firsthand that he has is a snooty sense of unwarranted entitlement.

He's probably never once broken a sweat or gotten a speck of dirt under his nails by doing real work. Not that there's necessarily anything wrong with that: it takes all kinds of people to make the world go 'round.

But Derideo's arrogance is certainly a strong testament to why most people don't like liberals. :thup:

Derideo_Te said:
:lmao: at your obsession with me!

I wouldn't make too much of it. Seriously.

I simply stated how a lot of us feel about you.

Derideo_Te said:
Seriously? You have to invent a whole imaginary lifestyle for me too? And all because I am having a little fun busting your chops in a FZ thread?

What thread are you talking about, DT?

Got a link?

Do tell us, please. :badgrin:

Derideo_Te said:
Perhaps Pogo is right and you do "stalk" other posters.

Siding with a serial plagiarist is a foolhardy sign of weakness.

Derideo_Te said:
Go right ahead and post whatever floats your boat. I will just sit back and :lol: because I really don't care what you post. You can waste your mental energy thinking about me all day long but I can assure you that I won't be doing the same about you.

You are just another poster in this forum and I really have no feelings about you one way or the other. This response is just a courtesy to let you know that if I see you continue to stalk my posts I will consign you to Cyberia. At that point you will become less than a nonentity as far as I am concerned.

Have a nice day.

Awwwwww. How cute. An angry narcissist. :badgrin:

100 years ago, people would have called you crazy if you told them, there would be clinics used to kill unborn babies, and the government would sanctify those clinics.

Are you that ill informed as to believe that there were no abortions at all prior to the clinics that have opened since RvW? The procedure to induce an abortion is documented in the old testament of your bible. That is sanctioned as the infallible Word of your God. Are you calling your own God crazy?

Now we are getting to a point in history, where we can do all kinds of things with genetics. We are almost to the point where many diseases can be recognized in utero, and be eliminated with drugs or treatment. How much longer do you think it will be before we start changing the sex of an unborn child(if they aren't already), and then the next logical step is to build a better human, is it not? By genetic engineering a child(which is being done in a number of ways already), to be healthy, then to be blue eyed, then to be 6ft tall, then to be athletic, do you see the progress here?

Why is it a stretch for the next steps to be, choosing ones sexual orientation? That is why I say, many people are hoping to find the 'gay gene' so it could be destroyed.

Yep, it sounds out there, and I don't want to see it happen either, but the ground work is already there.

You have no clue whatsoever as to what is and isn't feasible as far as genetics go. Simply understanding the process doesn't mean that you can change it in utero. By the time you can detect that the epigenetics resulted in a same sex attraction it will be too late to change it.

Yes, you do sound clueless because you are clueless. Try doing your homework first before you make ludicrous allegations that make you look both ignorant and foolish.

Are you that ill informed as to believe that there were no abortions at all prior to the clinics that have opened since RvW? The procedure to induce an abortion is documented in the old testament of your bible. That is sanctioned as the infallible Word of your God. Are you calling your own God crazy?

You have no clue whatsoever as to what is and isn't feasible as far as genetics go. Simply understanding the process doesn't mean that you can change it in utero. By the time you can detect that the epigenetics resulted in a same sex attraction it will be too late to change it.

Yes, you do sound clueless because you are clueless. Try doing your homework first before you make ludicrous allegations that make you look both ignorant and foolish.

How about trying to read what I wrote, and not reading into what I didn't write, I know there were abortions, why should I point out the obvious?

They are very sad examples of parenting and of Christians. In both cases they are not doing what is good for others; instead, they are being totally selfish and self righteous. Very screwed up people. Being a parent means loving and supporting your child unconditionally. Being a Christian means forgiveness and love.

Actually, while being a parent may mean loving your child unconditionally, it does not mean "supporting" him unconditionally. Most good parents will withdraw support when their child behaves in a way that they don't approve. For example, my sister was not *supportive* of my nephew's decision to flunk/withdraw out of school. In fact, she withdrew all *support* until he chose to return to school. He was allowed to have his bedroom at home back during the non-school period...but she would not give him any money, and there was a time limit on the free room. The understanding was, you either work, or you return to school. She did not support him otherwise.

I don't support my child's desire to spend day and night on his PS3. I love him unconditionally, but I'm going to take his PS3 because I don't support the choice that he's made.

My children aren't gay, but if they were, I would still love them, but I would not support them in pursuing that lifestyle and I wouldn't participate in that lifestyle. If they wanted to engage in a high-risk lifestyle, I'm not going to fund it.

How about trying to read what I wrote, and not reading into what I didn't write, I know there were abortions, why should I point out the obvious?

I am not responsible for your inability to communicate clearly.

Gay people were born that way and do not have a choice as to the feelings they have. Just the same as child molesters, serial killers, compulsive shoplifters...

This fails as a false comparison fallacy – gay Americans are not 'criminals,' nor is homosexuality a 'crime.'

Otherwise your unwarranted fear and hatred of gay Americans is again noted.

Gay people were born that way and do not have a choice as to the feelings they have. Just the same as child molesters, serial killers, compulsive shoplifters, and anyone with an obsessive compulsive disorder. They were all born that way.

:rolleyes: that is quite a logical chasm you just tried to cross...
It always gives me a creepy shiver to read posts from posters incapable of telling the difference between what goes on between consenting adults and child molestation.

Forum List

Back