Christian Parents Physically Attack Gay Son Before Disowning Him

Presumed innocent until proven guilty in a court of law by a jury of their peers.

So if I walk up to someone and shoot them dead right in front of you, you will assume I am innocent until proven guilty?
Yes. Law is based on technicalities. You are technically not guilty until you either plea guilty or a jury says you're guilty

But then again a guilty verdict doesn't always mean the guy did it just like a not guilty verdict doesn't always mean the guy is innocent

Presumed innocent until proven guilty in a court of law by a jury of their peers.

So if I walk up to someone and shoot them dead right in front of you, you will assume I am innocent until proven guilty?

HAHAHAHA thanks for the laugh.

If you are not stupid, then you would figure out the answer to your stupid question that wouldn't have been ask if you're not stupid.

HAHAHAHAHAH so funny.
'

You said it, not me.

LoL. He definitely knew what he was doing when making this video. Bleeding hearts liberals got played hard, like a violin in the hands of a master musician.

Easy way to make mad $$$.
You're such an idiot. Even if the boy knew what was going to happen, what does it matter? His parents are just idiots and should never attack him just for being gay.

If the boy knew, which I think he did or he wouldn't have recorded it....then he was WRONG. I don't agree with what the parents said & did, but the kid was wrong how he did it.

He knew how his parents would react and filmed it. He was beaten by his father - he has proof of that. If he didn't film them and claimed to have been beaten, would you believe him?
That wasn't a beating.

He didn't even hit the kid that hard. And yes I have experience with beatings.

I'm going to assume his parents are innocent of any crimes.

You saw the video, you know his father attacked him. That is a crime, yet you deny it?

You must be stupid.
Then he should be charging his parents with assault but he isn't is he? Why is that do you think?

IMO it's because all he wanted was the video to post.

Exhibiting hostility toward gay Americans, such as 'disapproving' of their 'immoral conduct' solely as a consequence of who they are, is indeed bigotry – which is fine, you're at liberty to be a bigot; but don't attempt to conceal your bigotry behind a facade of religious dogma.

I disagree with the fallacious argument that I have to accept immoral conducts from anyone or I am a bigot.

I love all sinners and I hate all their sins.

Scalia explained it well.

“The Court's opinion contains grim, disapproving hints that Coloradans have been guilty of ‘animus’ or ‘animosity’ toward homosexuality, as though that has been established as Unamerican. Of course it is our moral heritage that one should not hate any human being or class of human beings. But I had thought that one could consider certain conduct reprehensible -- murder, for example, or polygamy, or cruelty to animals -- and could exhibit even ‘animus’ toward such conduct. Surely that is the only sort of ‘animus’ at issue here: moral disapproval of homosexual conduct.”

I am very intolerant and hostile towards pedophiles' immoral conducts, sexual molestation and rape of children, even though pedophiles were born with their sexual attraction toward prepubescent children.

I don't hate pedophiles for being born to be that way. I hate their immoral conduct and will punish that conduct accordingly.

I applaud all the pedophiles that, even though they lust for sex with little children, choose not to let sin rule their life, and choose to never do the pedophiles' immoral conducts.

Last edited:
So according to @MaxGrit there should be laws against homosexuality given that he redex'd my post? :cuckoo:

There are laws against homosexuality all over.

Be more specific next time.

Really?

How about you take your own advice and provide "specific" examples of said laws and their enforcement?

Russia Not Only Country With Anti-Gay Laws

and

Russia's upper house of parliament passed a controversial bill banning the distribution of so-called "gay propaganda" to minors, which critics have said will be used to justify homophobic actions and arbitrary prosecution of gays. The law stipulates fines of up to a million roubles for the propaganda through mass media, internet and advertising.

Lawmakers in the Federation Council, the last stop before a bill is signed into law by the president, approved the measure 137 in favour to one abstention.

Earlier in the day they also approved a bill banning adoption of Russian orphans by gay couples abroad or even unmarried individuals in countries where such unions are legal.

Read more:

So when are you leaving for your beloved Russia? You will be very happy there by the sound of it.

I told you that you need to be more specific because there are laws against homosexuality all over.

I might be very happy in Russia. I know I am very happy here.

I fail to see why some people here want to attack the parents and call them vile names?

The parents just reacted the way the vast majority of parents would when confronted by one of their offspring announcing he was a perverted fudge packer.
Then you're one of the weird parents, because no normal parent disowns their child just for being gay. You may not like it or be shocked, but disowning and beating your own child is idiotic.

Normal parents aren't real parents. Everyone is different.

I wonder if the progressives' normal parents" are actually radical militant feminist lesbians living with their gay son?

We interrupt this thread for a warming flashback pic of ole Dick & Lynne with their new baby grandchild.

dick_cheney_zpsad18c65e.jpg

It's still debatable if Dick is normal. ;p

However, these conservatives showed grace in accepting, loving and embracing their gay daughter.

[Mary came out to her parents at 16, after the breakup from her first girlfriend - and both parents were supportive.]

What true caring parents say when their child comes out: “You’re my child and I love you and I just want you to be happy,”

gays are disgusting and deserved to be embarrassed. i'm pretty sure they're the opposite of wwjd

end of story

You're a bigot.

@MaxGrit is a flaming liar and a bigot!

In Post #132 this is what @jillian actually posted;

his parents are disgusting and deserved to be embarrassed. i'm pretty sure they're the opposite of wwjd

Lying homophobic maxgrit altered the quote to read;

gays are disgusting and deserved to be embarrassed. i'm pretty sure they're the opposite of wwjd

That is deceitful and a vile distortion of what Jillian originally posted. That you then were stupid enough to use the term "bigot" says volumes about you.

I told you that you need to be more specific because there are laws against homosexuality all over.

I might be very happy in Russia. I know I am very happy here.

Find a single law in effect against homosexuality here in America.

LoL. He definitely knew what he was doing when making this video. Bleeding hearts liberals got played hard, like a violin in the hands of a master musician.

You're such an idiot. Even if the boy knew what was going to happen, what does it matter? His parents are just idiots and should never attack him just for being gay.

If the boy knew, which I think he did or he wouldn't have recorded it....then he was WRONG. I don't agree with what the parents said & did, but the kid was wrong how he did it.

He knew how his parents would react and filmed it. He was beaten by his father - he has proof of that. If he didn't film them and claimed to have been beaten, would you believe him?
That wasn't a beating.

Hitting someone is assault. That is a violation of the law. You have no right to even touch anyone without their explicit consent.

They are very sad examples of parenting and of Christians. In both cases they are not doing what is good for others; instead, they are being totally selfish and self righteous. Very screwed up people. Being a parent means loving and supporting your child unconditionally. Being a Christian means forgiveness and love.

I would never disown my kids whatever their choice in life is. I'm not saying I'd be thrilled with it, but we would never kick them out or disown them. I would still love them the same. But I also didn't like what the kid did....it was like he knew what his parents would do and set them up. I don't agree with how the parents reacted, but I also think the kid was wrong the way he did it.
I posted an interview with him earlier in the thread. The guy had come out to his parents and step mother (that's not his real mother there, fyi) last October. So they already knew.

He came home from work one day, and they basically ambushed him. His father, step-mom, sister and grandmother and were proceeding to induce a "pray the gay away intervention" - they completely took him off guard and by surprise.
That's when & why he hit the record button. Fear and his first thought, as he says, to get it on tape. I'm guessing he'd been abused before. Parents generally don't just start punching their children one day at 19.

From the interview - He said he got a suspicious phone call, leading him to think something was going to happen - then a text from his aunt Terry, leading him to think his family was about to "do something."

"Once I saw them all get out of the car ...I thought for myself, for my own protection if something were to happen it would be best to have it on video. I just hit record. I just hit camera and hit record. I just know that I did it for my protection and it kind of all went from there, and the video really speaks for itself," Pierce said.

Georgia gay teen attacked by family

Last edited:

That wasn't a beating.

Hitting someone is assault. That is a violation of the law. You have no right to even touch anyone without their explicit consent.
Then tell me why the kid didn't go to the cops with his video and have his parents charged with assault? I'll tell you why.

He didn't care about getting slapped a couple times. All he cared about was getting his cool video to post so as to embarrass his parents. And the fact that he has made a lot of money from the video is a nice little bonus no?

And I never said it wasn't assault. I said it wasn't a beating.

end of story

You're a bigot.

@MaxGrit is a flaming liar and a bigot!

In Post #132 this is what @jillian actually posted;

his parents are disgusting and deserved to be embarrassed. i'm pretty sure they're the opposite of wwjd

Lying homophobic maxgrit altered the quote to read;

That is deceitful and a vile distortion of what Jillian originally posted. That you then were stupid enough to use the term "bigot" says volumes about you.
Indeed. Says volumes about his integrity.

That is a violation of the Terms of Service her to alter someone's quote.

It used to be anyway. To change what a user says like that is an egregious offense.

FOR SHAME.

Daniel never posted it to youtube.

This is how it came to be seen, and in tune, went viral:

Daniel's boyfriend first posted the video to Reddit. A friend of Daniel's posted it to YouTube, then Dan Savage posted it on his blog, followed by Joe.My.God. and The New Civil Rights Movement. Soon after other sites, including the Backlot and The Advocate, had published it as well.
It doesn't matter where it got posted.

He taped it for a reason and we know that reason was not to bring it to the cops as evidence of assault. He taped it to show it to other people and yes to ultimately put it on line

More, from the Advocate:

"
Pierce's aunt, Teri Cooper, confirmed the video's authenticity to The Advocate, explaining that she picked Daniel up on Wednesday after responding to a frantic text alerting her that his family was trying to stage an "intervention" to "pray away the gay." Cooper says when she arrived at the home, the family wouldn't let her inside, but Pierce emerged with a split lip. Cooper says that wound came from his stepmother, who punched him in the mouth during the altercation that can be overheard in the video.

Cooper also confirmed that Pierce is now staying with her and supportive friends in Atlanta, where he is safe, though still shaken by the week's events and the surrounding publicity from his assault quickly going viral. Cooper explained that Pierce had just started classes last week at Georgia Highlands College, where he plans to major in psychology.

In the opening moments of the video, Pierce's grandmother can be heard telling the young man that she has known since he was a small child that he was gay. Nevertheless, the woman tells her grandson that she believes he has made a choice to be gay, that it is "a path [he has] chosen". When he tries to refute her claims by pointing to "scientific proof" that sexual orientation is innate, she says she believes in "the word of God," not so-called science.

Cooper says that despite their reliance on scripture in rejecting one of their own, Pierce's family is not especially religious, and does not regularly attend church services.

Shortly thereafter, the situation escalates, as Pierce's father tells him he is a disgrace and calls him a "queer," while his stepmother screams at the teenager and begins to hit him.

While stories of parents accepting and affirming their LGBT children are becoming more common, this clip provides a stark reminder that many LGBT youth still face emotional, physical, and spiritual violence in their families of origin. Familial rejection is one of the leading causes of the high number of LGBT youth who are homeless — estimates have found that as many as 40 percent of homeless youth are LGBT-identified."

WATCH Christian Family s Terrifying Response to Son Coming Out Advocate.com

end of story

You're a bigot.

no. you are. and you're defending bigotry.

but please pretend that you're supposed to use religion to justify hatred.

wacko.

You're a bigot because you hate a group of people. I just changed the target of your hate filled condemnations to a different group of people, gays, to demonstrate your hypocrisy. Your own words convict you.

actually in modifying my post to insert YOUR bigotry, you violated board rules. your post has been reported.

now run along and be the hate-filled, lying bigot that you are.

Forum List

Back