Chick-fil-A restaurant in CA will pay employees $17 an hour

That doesn't address the question.

1. Does the operator set the wages at his store or does corporate set them?

2. Net is not gross. There's a difference, and one would expect a business owner to know that. Nice though, that you acknowledge an owner isn't getting rich off his franchise. Kind of blows your whole argument that fast food is making huge profits out of the water.

1. In this instance it appears the operator set the wages, but more importantly, corporate pays the bill.

2. Revenue is the total amount of monies a business brings due to sales. A Chick operator is NOT an owner. Chick makes HUGE profits.
So the store doesn't generate enough to pay employees, but all the stores generate enough to pay all the employees.

IOW, this one owner is going to try paying more, and from that you extrapolate that all of fast food can afford to do it. Do you realize how ridiculous that is?

Answer this. If you're a business owner, and fast food is so profitable, why don't you own a bunch of stores?

How do you know that the store doesn't generate enough Revenue to pay its employees?

I currently own five businesses that provide service and product to the government and corporations, it's recession-proof.

I've Angel invested numerous restaurants, so I know what the profit margin is and I know the profit potential.
ONEPERCENTER is a message board billionaire.
:bow2::bow3::bow2::bow3::bow2::bow3::bow2::bow3::bow2::bow3:
I think he's Warren Buffett.

I'm going with Warren Buffoon.

1. In this instance it appears the operator set the wages, but more importantly, corporate pays the bill.

2. Revenue is the total amount of monies a business brings due to sales. A Chick operator is NOT an owner. Chick makes HUGE profits.
So the store doesn't generate enough to pay employees, but all the stores generate enough to pay all the employees.

IOW, this one owner is going to try paying more, and from that you extrapolate that all of fast food can afford to do it. Do you realize how ridiculous that is?

Answer this. If you're a business owner, and fast food is so profitable, why don't you own a bunch of stores?

How do you know that the store doesn't generate enough Revenue to pay its employees?

I currently own five businesses that provide service and product to the government and corporations, it's recession-proof.

I've Angel invested numerous restaurants, so I know what the profit margin is and I know the profit potential.

I'm going with Warren Buffoon.
He lies like Warren Buffett.

A typical operator of a Chick nets $130k+/-/yr. How would an operator pay his/her employees?

2. Net is not gross. There's a difference, and one would expect a business owner to know that. Nice though, that you acknowledge an owner isn't getting rich off his franchise. Kind of blows your whole argument that fast food is making huge profits out of the water.

How many fast food restaurants?

You asked how the owner could pay his employees. You answered yourself.

There's a difference?

We know that Chick can pay $17.00/hr. I haven't seen any evidence that any other CAN'T pay $17.00/hr.

Employees contribute ALL OF THE MONEY.
Only if you ignore all the capital invested.
Yeah, without employees a company makes no money, so what?

And you have to ignore the risk the owner takes.

It also doesn't make any money without management.

Employees contribute ALL OF THE MONEY.
Only if you ignore all the capital invested.
Yeah, without employees a company makes no money, so what?

And you have to ignore the risk the owner takes.

It also doesn't make any money without management.

If you do it correctly you'll minimize any risk that you would ever incur.

Or you can hire the correct people and pay them well and you don't need management.

Wrong. The owner always incurs risk. And who do you think does the hiring and paying? Management does. Go into any successful business and you will find management.

I don't disagree that an owner incurs risk, but if done right is much more detrimental to the employee, typically because the employee went to work for an idiot. But the matter remains, Chick can afford $17.00/hr.

My recruiting and payroll is third party.

Post #214, in easy to understand video format.
That was 9 and 1/2 minutes of my life I will never get back. That video does not prove that non-christens or gays cannot be operators. That being said, It is understandable why Christians would more likely want to be operators for Chick-Fil-A.

Also, $10,000 is a good deal for "purchasing" a $200,000 + salary/year considering how much some people spend on college degrees to earn less.

If you have a published report the states other than what the video States I'd love to see it.

Why would you give somebody 10 grand for a job?
Why would you pay 100 grand for a 4 year degree?

That's fairly standard at a state college. Now you can take steps to reduce that cost, but tuition plus room and board runs about that much.
I was just making the point that investing 10K (or even 20K) to be an operator of a chick fil a making 200K + per year is not a bad deal.

Now factor in the 12 hours per day/six days per week and church on Sunday. How exactly is that a good deal?

It's NOT the company, the company sucks, it's a franchisee. Now we know that fast food can pay a living wage.

Too bad "Jesus Free" StarBucks won't be profitable enough to pay a living wage. They're turning their places into homeless hangouts and get high stations.

And btw...it IS the company. They don't hand out franchises to just anyone. Fortunately they're not required to give franchises to Satanists or the mentally ill. That means not a single Trump hating, anti-American Leftist at this forum will ever own a Chick-Fil-A.

I think I'll have lunch there tomorrow.

WOOT !!!

What percentage of your revenue is spent on employee salaries and benefits?

58%
Why not 100%? Your employees make you all your money.

They're compensated VERY well with the best pay in the industry, a no cost PPO (employee and family) with zero deductibles and co-pays, and a European based vacation plan (4 weeks per year).

I'm MUCH prettier than Mr. Buffett.

It's NOT the company, the company sucks, it's a franchisee. Now we know that fast food can pay a living wage.

Too bad "Jesus Free" StarBucks won't be profitable enough to pay a living wage. They're turning their places into homeless hangouts and get high stations.

And btw...it IS the company. They don't hand out franchises to just anyone. Fortunately they're not required to give franchises to Satanists or the mentally ill. That means not a single Trump hating, anti-American Leftist at this forum will ever own a Chick-Fil-A.

WOOT !!!

58%

Obviously, he's selfish and greedy. The company doesn't need him, so he should simply give it to the employees and leave.

Why can't you get over the fact that you were wrong about restaurant workers pay? The industry CAN afford $17.00/hr.

Why do you hate the American worker?

That was 9 and 1/2 minutes of my life I will never get back. That video does not prove that non-christens or gays cannot be operators. That being said, It is understandable why Christians would more likely want to be operators for Chick-Fil-A.

Also, $10,000 is a good deal for "purchasing" a $200,000 + salary/year considering how much some people spend on college degrees to earn less.

If you have a published report the states other than what the video States I'd love to see it.

That's fairly standard at a state college. Now you can take steps to reduce that cost, but tuition plus room and board runs about that much.
I was just making the point that investing 10K (or even 20K) to be an operator of a chick fil a making 200K + per year is not a bad deal.

Now factor in the 12 hours per day/six days per week and church on Sunday. How exactly is that a good deal?
Well, not everyone is cut out to be you. Some people have to work for a living. Also, including going to church on Sunday is really lame. I'm sure the days and hours that operators work varies quite a bit.

Well, not everyone is cut out to be you. Some people have to work for a living. Also, including going to church on Sunday is really lame. I'm sure the days and hours that operators work varies quite a bit.

Every successful business person is exactly like me, but I don't think screwing my employees is a correct thing to do. Conservatives on the other hand think it's just fine.

Religion, no matter what religion, is for the ignorant and fools. As an agnostic I answer to a higher level.

Operators for chick open the door when the restaurant opens and lock the door when the restaurant closes, 6 days a week. If you have any evidence that that is incorrect, please post.

Every successful business person is exactly like me, but I don't think screwing my employees is a correct thing to do. Conservatives on the other hand think it's just fine.

Either there are no successful conservative business people or you contradict yourself in the same paragraph.

Operators for chick open the door when the restaurant opens and lock the door when the restaurant closes, 6 days a week. If you have any evidence that that is incorrect, please post.

I have no need to do research to disprove you blanketed assertions.

Either there are no successful conservative business people or you contradict yourself in the same paragraph.

There are plenty of Conservative Business people that are very successful, but they all, like to screw their employees.

Bottom line, a successful company can afford to pay their employees a living wage.

WOOT !!!

58%

They're compensated VERY well with the best pay in the industry, a no cost PPO (employee and family) with zero deductibles and co-pays, and a European based vacation plan (4 weeks per year).

They're compensated VERY well with the best pay in the industry,

But they make you ALL your money and you're only paying them 58% of revenue.
Why are you such a cheap bastard?

There are plenty of Conservative Business people that are very successful, but they all, like to screw their employees.

Bottom line, a successful company can afford to pay their employees a living wage.
You seem to have a problem with an operator paying $10,000 to have a job making $200,000 a year. Why would anyone be just an employee making a living wage that is much less than $200,000 a year. Or do you pay your employees more than $200,000 a year. How exactly do you define a "living wage"?

WOOT !!!

58%

The question is: Employees make ALL OF THE MONEY for an employer. How much do you pay them? In Chicks case it's $17.00/hr. which is affordable to Chick as well as any other restaurant.

You seem to have a problem with an operator paying $10,000 to have a job making $200,000 a year. Why would anyone be just an employee making a living wage that is much less than $200,000 a year. Or do you pay your employees more than $200,000 a year. How exactly do you define a "living wage"?

A Chick operator is NOT an employee, they are contractors.

Living Wage Calculator

Add 20% for adjusted housing costs.

WOOT !!!

58%

The question is: Employees make ALL OF THE MONEY for an employer. How much do you pay them? In Chicks case it's $17.00/hr. which is affordable to Chick as well as any other restaurant.

The question is: Employees make ALL OF THE MONEY for an employer. How much do you pay them?

In your case, a stingy 58%. Bastard!

Living Wage Calculator

Which is not relevant to my question. Lame dodge.

With the hundreds of billions of loan money available why would one mortgage their home?

With the hundreds of billions of loan money available why wouldn't one mortgage their home?

Because businesses are investments and investments are a legal form of gambling. Also, applying for a business loan allows an independent third party with no emotional ties to sign off on it. In other words, you're conducting a free feasibility study.
And when they tell you no or want to charge you 10%, then what?

A no means you shouldn't invest your own money. Sharpen your pencil and try again. Percentage rates can be negotiated.

Because banks are never wrong.......Durr.

Banks are more "right" than you, besides, you shop loans, so if multiple say no, you shouldn't invest your own money.

Banks are more "right" than you

I didn't write or buy trillions in crappy mortgages.
Or lend to those that did.

Living Wage Calculator

Interesting Living Wage Calculator! So the wage of an employee should be determined by the number of children he/she has.

Forum List

Back