Chick-Fil-A Appreciation Day August 1

again... everyone has the right to be as stupid as they want to be. when you own a company and spout ignorance, the repercussions are that thinking people say "i don't want to do business with that person".

there's no restraint on speech. but there IS a natural response to dumbasses.

pity, too... as fast food goes, it wasn't a bad product.

The problem here is that his business is not being given a chance to fail, because certain "thinking people" don't like him. I'd rather see him open his stores, fail, and then go away. Or not. Whatever happens, happens. I have to wonder if his opponents are afraid he won't fail.

His business will not fail. He sells a good product in a nice healthy atmosphere, his employees are top notch.

I have heard (for many years now) that their service is top notch.

I'm a comfy agnostic, I disagree with the guy's position on gays, but I'd support it. Freedom of expression/Anti-PC is a higher priority for me.

I've never eaten there. Any good?

AWESOME! The brownies are way overpriced though. Each Chik Fil A I've been to (outside of the malls) has fresh flowers on the table and Old Glory flying outside. They're all closed on Sunday for a day of worship and family time for their employees.

You can't go wrong with Chik Fil A.

The bagel sandwiches are especially good.

Boy, watching hatred of Gay people in action is something

Not to worry, evolution will eliminate rightwing homophobes before too long

I wonder where all this principled stand was regarding building an Islamic cultural and community center in lower Manhattan?

Man, the repubs sure know how to exploit an issue. Grab some freedom fries while you're there and maybe you'll be lucky enough to develop Live Free or Die-abetes

Regardless of whether this restaurant is ultimately "allowed" to open in certain cities, the fact remains that the knee-jerk reaction of some is to not even allow their citizens the choice of visiting it or not, making their decision for them based on personal prejudice.

PC helps no one.

Regardless of whether this restaurant is ultimately "allowed" to open in certain cities, the fact remains that the knee-jerk reaction of some is to not even allow their citizens the choice of visiting it or not, making their decision for them based on personal prejudice.

PC helps no one.

Easy to say if you are an uninterested and outside observer, if the extreme hatred and violence homophobic assholes harbor and commit doesnt impact your life, then easy to say

Huckabumps move is a tad ironic. He wants to "appreciate" Chick-fil-a because they've been being boycotted for their VERY anti gay positions. He wants you to spend money in their establishment that they can in turn send to groups like "The Million Moms"...

Who like to boycott. :lol:

Investigation Reveals Depth of Chick-Fil-A's Ties to Anti-Gay Causes

There's already a bunch of boycott threads! This is not it! :lol:
Seriously, why is it anti-gay to be pro-traditional?
You said it the other day, we all want the same thing, we are just going about it in different ways.
I gotta go.
Please pm me if you want to talk about this.

They aren't just "pro traditional", they are anti-gay. The Family Research Council, an organization CFA donates to is extremely anti-gay. Million Moms, another organization CFA likes to give money to runs around boycotting any company that is pro-gay equality in any way. They wanted to boycott JC Penney's for making Ellen a spokesman.

Looks like CFA is getting a taste of their own medicine.
Who are the Million Moms? Are the pro-traditional?

Oh no, now we move to the straw man portion of the conversation. Yuck. I suppose it was inevitable, considering.

Okay, I'll play your little game now.

Show me where I said that someone else said that "the CEO should not be able to say what he said". I challenge you! I challenge you! AAUUGHH!

Looking forward to it.

If you're just going to play these games, could we just not communicate? Seriously?

What, exactly, are you objecting to then. What prompted you to exclaim how you love freedom of expression? You just felt like saying it?

Bingo.

Unfortunately, that's not enough for them.

Who is "them"?

First, I'll assume you couldn't find an example of your accusation. I wasn't expecting an apology.

Next...

Good grief, for the hundredth fucking time. I don't know why this is just so tough. Here we go:

• I believe that freedom of expression is our most important right. I don't care whether you agree with me or not.
  • The biggest value of freedom of expression is that it points out the crazies, loud and clear. I want to know who they are, where they are, what they're thinking, and who agrees with them. Let them talk. Even if -- horror of horrors -- they dare to disagree with me. I don't care whether you agree with me or not.
  • Even though I disagree with this religious goofball on both religion and gays, a higher priority for me is his right to say what he thinks. I don't care whether you agree with me or not.
  • I believe that if people are intimidated from saying what they think, our culture and freedom are diminished. I don't care whether you agree with me or not.
  • It is my opinion that the obvious way to both deal with this nut and respect his freedom of expression is to protest or boycott or whatever the hell makes you feel better. Stopping him from even opening his fucking doors is over the line, because there are people who agree with him, or like his fucking chicken, or whatever. I think the market should decide, not a bunch of people who want to intimidate the speech of others. I don't care whether you agree with me or not.
  • "Them" refers to the PC Police, those who use PC as a weapon to ignore freedom of expression to push their agenda via intimidation. Political Correctness = Strategic Hypersensitivity deployed specifically to put your target on the defensive and thereby control the conversation. The connection between PC and freedom of expression is abundantly, vividly, screamingly clear to me. I don't care whether you agree with me or not.

God damn, I'm drowning in tedious.

I'm going to the office now.

We agree on everything except your bullshit assumption that liberals love being PC. It is fucking ridiculous. Liberals love freedom of expression. You are banging on the wrong people.

Tedious is fucking right.

And fuck....you OBVIOUSLY CARE if I agree. Grow up.

The problem here is that his business is not being given a chance to fail, because certain "thinking people" don't like him. I'd rather see him open his stores, fail, and then go away. Or not. Whatever happens, happens. I have to wonder if his opponents are afraid he won't fail.

His business will not fail. He sells a good product in a nice healthy atmosphere, his employees are top notch.

I have heard (for many years now) that their service is top notch.

Yep, they stroll around with pockets full of hand cleaners, mints, and refill your drinks when needed. You don't have to ask for a thing. burp!

I wonder where all this principled stand was regarding building an Islamic cultural and community center in lower Manhattan?

Right here.

No, Chick Fil A is NOT trying to set up an "anti-gay establishment" near a national memorial site where gays were targeted terrorized and murdered by anti-gays.

I agree with you on the point where anti-Muslim Christians against the Mosque are not respecting religious freedom of Muslims because of the terrorist actions of Jihadists.

In both cases, the issue at root should be addressed and resolved by mediating the conflicts, not political bullying back and forth which doesn't change people's opinions.

In the case of the Mosque I would have recommended they set it up as a Constitutional Center to celebrate all the contributions of Americans including the Muslims who died as innocent victims they want to honor as distinct from the Jihadist terrorists. That would not have been rejected, and still would recognize American Muslims as distinct from Jihadists.

As for Chick Fil A I would support their business in setting up forums to address and resolve issues of gay marriage and relationships, especially to make a distinction between unnatural sexual issues caused by abuse or predatory illness and how these can be cured by spiritual healing, from natural cases of gay or bisexual couples made by God.

I believe that would promote equal respect and understanding of all views, and get away from the need to protest or make political statements based on people's preferences.

Chik-Fil-A was one of the first to offer up assistance to many of our immunization outreach initiatives; offering coupons to mothers who brought their kids by for vaccinations and food for the staff that was giving them. We stopped doing the outreaches but if we were to start back up; they'd be on my call list and I'm sure their district/regional management team would be right there in the trenches with us.

God Bless Chic-fil-A...:)

Went for lunch today - awesome food and awesome service...

Sorry to hear about the VP who passed of a heart attack today... He's in a better place...

Utah addresses were 'relevant' because you brought it up.

Yes , they were fined, not for donating as you suggest:

The commission's five appointed members are scheduled to consider the proposed settlement on Thursday. The investigation did not uncover evidence that the church failed to disclose any contributions but concluded that it failed to meet required deadlines for disclosing the value of 13 days of staff time devoted to the campaign
^^^ from your link!

Yes, I know where it was struck down, but I asked YOU why YOU
believe it was poorly crafted (and which time).

The whole thing from day one. Once California created civil unions, they opened the door for gay marriage. Because all "Civil Unions" are is a colored water fountain.

Hi.

I'm a new member to this forum and this is my first post here. I clicked on "Active Topics" and decided to weigh in on this one. I've been hearing a lot about the Chik-Fil-A drama on the news for a while now. To be honest I don't know why so many people take issue with others expressing their opinions nowadays.

I truly don't care what the CEO of the company's personal beliefs are. They are his and he is entitled to have and share them. America is a free country, right? We should all be allowed to say what we feel and express what we believe in. There will be a ton of differeing opinions but as long as we can freely express them, that's what matters most.

I take no issue with the CEO's stance on marriage. I have never heard of Chik-Fil-A before the controversy hit the news though, and I've never (obviously) eaten at one. The only reason I never will is because I'm a vegan and don't eat meat, chicken, or any other animal products. But if I did eat meat, I'd have no problem eating there if I liked the food just because a traditional man shared his opinions. :)

Last edited:

Forum List

Back