Catholicism & Christianity - The Shocking Difference

"And the Word was made flesh"............it starts right THERE as the prophets foretold. Re the Jews: I like my old teacher's explanation They're God the Father's so he'll sort them out in due course. No way am I getting in any argument between God and His Chosen Peeps!!. As for the Mormons; on many of the basics they weren't as far off as some I've heard over the years. I can attest to the fact that there was no Rapture in 1978.................so somebody was out by a fair while.

So let's all start with CHARITY. That excludes the libtards around the place.

Greg

I agree. I also do not think Charity means that I shrug and say, Meh, I think Joe Smith was alright. Listen let's be honest, Greg. Mormons come to my door to openly recruit me. They are actively recruiting people into their church. It's what they do. I don't think there's anything wrong with saying, "I believe you're in a cult and I will pray for you." Which is what I say when they come.

Here’s what I do. When Mormon’s come to my door, I invite them in and have them sit at a table. I tell them that I will discuss religion with them on one condition. Then I whip out a bottle of fine whiskey from my epic whiskey collection and a few glasses. I pour everyone a whiskey and then I try to convert them to Islam, Judaism, Hinduism, Zoroastrianism, Jainism, Animism, Taoism, Confucionism, Buddhism, etc., or a new religion I’m making up with me as the deity. Of course, I don’t know anything about these other religions and just make shit up. By the fourth or fifth whiskey, the conversation has gotten really deep. They may not have touched a drop but I’m having a blast!

I laughed many times out loud reading this.

Where do you live I'm coming to evangelize you and sharing that whiskey. Wait it's good whiskey right??? lol

Nothing but the best!

Good. I'll be there in the Spring!!

Greg

I bought a bottle from an Australian distillery called Starward. It wasn’t bad!

you know what isn't Christianity, EVANGELICALS and everything they represent.

You're a bigot Penny and we know this

LOL, I not a bigot, I just do not like Evangelicals. They think they are in government and try their best to control government.
That's funny. Evangelicals fought the bloody British so all Americans could be free men. Do you hate the freedoms that they gave you in this country? And do you want to control freedom to suit your views exclusively? The founders decided no faction should enjoy exclusive privileges over everyone else, so they gave the heads of households/property who were concerned with making a living for those in their lives the vote. But they only had their experiences to guide them. They knew they were dependent on people's faith to live in the free environment they had created. They did the best they could for people with what they had and knew to be true for their generation, wisely leaving future choices to future generations through the checks and balances they instilled into the three branches of government, and who knew that the press would start manufacturing false narratives several hundred years later? They didn't, because honest reporting based on fact was what they were accustomed to in the reality of the eighteenth century in which they declared independence and formulated agreed-upon rules for their alliances among different states based on self-evident truths in their collective experiences.

If you believe in Jesus as a dirty, you are, by definition, a xtian.

Do you mean a "dirty Jew"?

Nope not my opinion. But your use of "Xtian" does not escape me. Hey you're European right? Good luck with that
"X" is pretty old for Christ. Comes from the Greek of course. Catholics tend not to use it because we were blueing with the Greeks over something...Crusades I think when some went rogue......those old feuds die hard. I attend a Greek Orthodox Church for weddings and funerals; they're all back in sync now. Now for those stubborn Anglicans and Lutherans!!

Greg

Actually, the schism between the Catholic church of Rome and the Orthodox church of Constantinople dates back six centuries before the first Crusade of 1096.

The schism is just as political in origin as it is religious.

They bickered a bit. I was thinking of the split around 1000 though the actual sacking of Constantinople was a bit later. It's interesting that when the Greek Orthodox Priest says parts of the mass in English they're very similar to the Catholic Rite. I thought it strange at first but it's only logical really.

Greg

I agree. I also do not think Charity means that I shrug and say, Meh, I think Joe Smith was alright. Listen let's be honest, Greg. Mormons come to my door to openly recruit me. They are actively recruiting people into their church. It's what they do. I don't think there's anything wrong with saying, "I believe you're in a cult and I will pray for you." Which is what I say when they come.

Here’s what I do. When Mormon’s come to my door, I invite them in and have them sit at a table. I tell them that I will discuss religion with them on one condition. Then I whip out a bottle of fine whiskey from my epic whiskey collection and a few glasses. I pour everyone a whiskey and then I try to convert them to Islam, Judaism, Hinduism, Zoroastrianism, Jainism, Animism, Taoism, Confucionism, Buddhism, etc., or a new religion I’m making up with me as the deity. Of course, I don’t know anything about these other religions and just make shit up. By the fourth or fifth whiskey, the conversation has gotten really deep. They may not have touched a drop but I’m having a blast!

Where do you live I'm coming to evangelize you and sharing that whiskey. Wait it's good whiskey right??? lol

Nothing but the best!

Greg

Probably one of those "Boutique" thingies. I hear there are a few around but I'm not a fan. I really prefer a good Cognac these days but a good Scotch is hard to beat.

Just peeked:

Starward Whisky

Might be worth checking out.

Edit: single malt?? Cool.

Greg

LOL, I not a bigot, I just do not like Evangelicals. They think they are in government and try their best to control government.
That's funny. Evangelicals fought the bloody British so all Americans could be free men. Do you hate the freedoms that they gave you in this country? And do you want to control freedom to suit your views exclusively? The founders decided no faction should enjoy exclusive privileges over everyone else, so they gave the heads of households/property who were concerned with making a living for those in their lives the vote. But they only had their experiences to guide them. They knew they were dependent on people's faith to live in the free environment they had created. They did the best they could for people with what they had and knew to be true for their generation, wisely leaving future choices to future generations through the checks and balances they instilled into the three branches of government, and who knew that the press would start manufacturing false narratives several hundred years later? They didn't, because honest reporting based on fact was what they were accustomed to in the reality of the eighteenth century in which they declared independence and formulated agreed-upon rules for their alliances among different states based on self-evident truths in their collective experiences.
catdog-gif.15064

I love that. lol

Greg

Saying Mormons belong to a cult is pretty rude, even if that's how truly feel. I simply say; "Thank you, but I am not interested." If that doesn't work, I ask them to wait a minute for my husband to return. :lol:

How funny that you think it's rude. I have been told I worship a zombie, and things I wouldn't even type here, because I'm an evangelical. I have prayed before on the street and been called things that almost curled my hair--and my hair is not curly. Believe me being told "I am in a cult" wouldn't even bat my eye. I mean just in THIS THREAD someone told me they "have no use for evangelicals".

I do know you to be a very polite poster and I appreciate that. I hope not to be blatantly rude, but yes, I put Truth even over politeness. I do not seek to build bridges with someone if their soul is at stake.

Penn and Teller, atheists, said this once. They said, listen, if you REALLY believe I'm going to Hell, are you being "nice" to me if you don't tell me? Is that really kind?

If I tell Mormons they're Christians just like me so they feel lulled into that "niceness"--but I don't really believe that--what have I accomplished? well they feel good, and I feel good. But that's the worst kind of lie if you believe what I believe. It's not "that dress makes you look fat" lie. It's an "eternal soul" kind of lie.

I will sacrifice politeness for that. Especially I will if people come to me with a message. I will then give them MY message. Because I really do not want to see them perish. :-(

I am not always polite around here and I can be an insufferable smartass at times. No question. lol

My view is, I am not saying you don’t adhere to this as well, but if your religion brings you peace and solace then who am I to try and take that away from you? Of course that doesn’t apply to those that would use their faith as excuse to commit barbaric or other unspeakable acts.

But "peace and solace" is the earthly view. It's a feeling--feeling comfortable or "at peace" for the moment. That's not nothing--it's worth something I agree. But in the Christian view it's not near to eternity either.

Where I do agree with you is from the atheist/non-believer vantage point. IOW why would atheist or non-believers "evangelize" believers out of their faith--what are they offering in exchange? Nothing. So in that case, taking away someone's "peace and solace" has no advantage and in fact is even cruel.

ANOTHER GREAT VIDEO BY Ray. Street preaching/witnessing.

It always strikes me as curious that Christians can't tell me who is a Christian but they have no trouble telling me who is NOT a Christian.

Saint Francis and Santa Claus were for example Christians.

Saint Francis definitely but Santa Claus?? Wenceslaus yes but Santa?

Greg

He started his carreer more than 1600 years ago in Myra, where he was bishop.

Last edited:

" Evangelicals fought the bloody British so all Americans could be free men."

NOT evangelicals. Most of the actual founding fathers were deists, NOT evangelicals.

" Do you hate the freedoms that they gave you in this country?"

I love them! And I want others to enjoy them, too; gays, atheists, non-christians, wiccans

" And do you want to control freedom to suit your views exclusively?"

Evangelicals do.

" The founders decided no faction should enjoy exclusive privileges over everyone else,"

including evangelicals!

" They did the best they could for people with what they had and knew to be true for their generation, wisely leaving future choices to future generations through the checks and balances they instilled into the three branches of government,"

right. and our future choices included; gay rights and no laws based on any religion.

"and who knew that the press would start manufacturing false narratives several hundred years later? They didn't, because honest reporting based on fact was what they were accustomed to in the reality of the eighteenth century "

1. it is true that FOX news and the rest of the conservative media manufacture false narratives on a daily basis

2. you appear to have been mislead by FOX news false narrative; if you actually checked our history you would find that the media, even in the 17 and 18 hundreds, manufactured false narratives.

It would be a false narrative to claim they only printed the truth

No you're a bigot for sure. Don't like Evangelicals don't like Jews

I don't put all jews in the same basket, but I put all Evangelicals in the same basket.

And what basket would that be Penny

As you are or not aware of , I have little use for evangelicals.

Oh Penny you make it so easy. I'm sure you have little idea.

"I have little use for Muslims"--bigot

"I have little use for Blacks"--bigot

"I have little use for Jews"--bigot

"I have little use for EVANGELICALS"--BIGOT. That's you, Penny

I judge people individually, but evangelicals I put in one huge basket as deplorables zealots.

There are probably 100 ways to practice Christianity. And probably 1000 other religions. With all the potential benefit that could come from them, I don't have time to criticize yours.

Indeed. But Mormonism tragically strays too far from Christian doctrine to be considered Christian

I say this with sorrow, and pray Mormons will come to Christ as revealed in the Scriptures and not their heretical books

Too funny you praying for Mormons. Talk about hypocrisy. You know when the two Mormons boys came to my door, and I told them I was a RC , they were polite as can be and didn't tell me I'm going to hell, unlike the Baptist who turned Evangelicals came with their children to my door and when I told them I was RC, they said I was "not saved". Yet, you are praying for Mormons.

Catholics, Protestants, Coptics, Mormons.... they are all xtian.

Not Mormons. They believe Jesus and Satan are brothers, God is married, and they will all go on to inhabit little planets with their wives and be their own sorta god when they die. Lots of freaky-deaky beliefs in there they try to hide more or less but not Christian.
Billy Graham disagreed with you......just in time for the 2012 Presidential election.

Barry Goldwater warned us about them:
“Mark my word, if and when these preachers get control of the [Republican] party, and they're sure trying to do so, it's going to be a terrible damn problem. Frankly, these people frighten me. Politics and governing demand compromise. But these Christians believe they are acting in the name of God, so they can't and won't compromise. I know, I've tried to deal with them.”

Not Mormons. They believe Jesus and Satan are brothers, God is married, and they will all go on to inhabit little planets with their wives and be their own sorta god when they die. Lots of freaky-deaky beliefs in there they try to hide more or less but not Christian.

View attachment 265137

Rather than call my beliefs bigoted maybe you can just tell me which ones are not true.

The only statement among those that you made about Mormonism that is in any rational way “true” (for rather distorted values of “true”) is the one about Jesus and Satan being brothers. And that's based on some serious propagandizing.

Sometimes, the very best, most effective lie, is a truth, distorted and put out of context; to imply, without explicitly stating, great falsehoods.

You won't find any Mormon publications, I think, that mention Jesus and Satan in the same sentence, and describe them as brothers. This is a distortion of our beliefs, crafted with deceptive intent, to suggest that we think that Satan shares some special, unique kinship with Jesus that puts him above us,and lowers Jesus toward Satan's level. That's not what we believe.

The genuine beliefs, that have been thus distorted, are this:

All of humanity are the children of our same Heavenly Father. As children of God, we are all brothers and sisters. This includes every human being that has ever lived, or ever will live, including Jesus. It also includes Satan, and those who fell with him, and are thus denied ever progressing as far as this mortal state that you and I are in.

Anyway, what struck me as amusing was that just after you rightfully called someone else out as a bigot, you went on to tell some deeply bigoted lies against my faith, showing you to be not much better than the bigot that you were calling out. In your case, I'm willing to grant you the benefit of doubt, that you are merely ignorant and deceived, rather than outright malicious.

You got your “information” about my religion from sources that are, however, malicious, bigoted, and willfully deceitful.

I have no animosity toward you as a person. I am very sorry you are deceived by the Mormon Church and I mean that sincerely. The Mormon Church believes many heresies about Christianity that are so deep it cannot be considered Christian. I say that from a place of grief for you, not a place of animosity.

Joseph Smith was a deceiver and a liar.
:popcorn:

Nothing but the best!

Greg

Probably one of those "Boutique" thingies. I hear there are a few around but I'm not a fan. I really prefer a good Cognac these days but a good Scotch is hard to beat.

Just peeked:

Starward Whisky

Might be worth checking out.

Edit: single malt?? Cool.

Greg
Cragganmore....12 year is just fine....tho I have wondered if the 25 year old is worth the price. Bought my wife the 21 year old Old Pultney for Xmas but honestly, the 12 year old was better, IMO.

[Verse 1]
Once the religious, the hunted and weary
Chasing the promise of freedom and hope
Came to this country to build a new vision
Far from the reaches of kingdom and pope

[Pre-Chorus 1]
Like good Christians some would burn the witches
Later some got slaves to gather riches

[Chorus]
But still from near and far to seek America
They came by thousands, to court the wild
But she just patiently smiled, and bore them a child
To be their spirit, and guiding light

[Verse 2]
And once the ties with the crown had been broken
Westward in saddle and wagon they went
And till the railroad linked ocean to ocean
Many the lives which had come to an end

[Pre-Chorus 2]
While we bullied, stole and bought our a homeland
We began the slaughter of the red man

[Chorus]
But still from near and far to seek America
They came by thousands, to court the wild
But she just patiently smiled, and bore them a child
To be their spirit, and guiding light

[Bridge]
The blue and gray they stomped it
They kicked it just like a dog
And when the war was over
They stuffed it just like a hog

[Verse 3]
And though the past has its share of injustice
Kind was the spirit in many a way
But its protectors and friends have been sleeping
Now it's a monster and will not obey

MORE ON GENIUS
https%3A%2F%2Fimages.genius.com%2Fab334034e43336655b72a78fb225a5d1.1000x563x1.jpg

Apple Music’s Zane Lowe Takes The Beastie Boys Quiz
https%3A%2F%2Fimages.genius.com%2F5eaf0c241c2e2506938294cf04773d7d.1000x563x1.jpg

Lil Peep’s New Song “I’ve Been Waiting” Unites Him With His Childhood Idols Fall Out Boy
https%3A%2F%2Fimages.genius.com%2Fe1d53e6e1ee3a64070c103a8a23e4882.1000x563x1.jpg

YUNGBLUD Breaks Down The Meaning Of “11 Minutes”

Ask us a question about this song
50}" style="box-sizing: border-box; margin-right: 1rem; margin-bottom: 0.25rem; border: 0px; position: relative; font-size: 0.75rem; min-width: 130px; font-weight: bolder !important;">1 VIEWING
1 CONTRIBUTOR
Rock, Blues Rock,Hard Rock

"MONSTER" TRACK INFO
0" style="box-sizing: border-box; margin-top: 0.25rem; padding-top: 0.25rem; border-width: 1px 0px 0px; border-top-style: solid; border-right-style: initial; border-bottom-style: initial; border-left-style: initial; border-top-color: rgb(233, 233, 233); border-right-color: initial; border-bottom-color: initial; border-left-color: initial; border-image: initial; -webkit-font-smoothing: antialiased; line-height: 1.45; font-size: 1em; color: rgb(154, 154, 154); display: flex; font-weight: bolder !important;">Written ByJerry Edmonton & John Kay (Steppenwolf)
Recorded AtAmerican Recording Company
Release Date1969

MUSIC VIDEO

Monster (1969)
Steppenwolf
7}" style="box-sizing: border-box; border: 0px; font-feature-settings: "tnum"; color: rgb(0, 0, 0); columns: auto 2; font-weight: bolder !important;">
1. Monster
2. Suicide
3. America
4. Draft Resister
5. Power Play
6. Move Over
8. What Would You Do (If I Did That To You)
9. From Here To There Eventually

Steppenwolf ’97 (1996)
Steppenwolf

7}" style="box-sizing: border-box; border: 0px; font-feature-settings: "tnum"; color: rgb(0, 0, 0); font-weight: bolder !important;">

No you're a bigot for sure. Don't like Evangelicals don't like Jews

I don't put all jews in the same basket, but I put all Evangelicals in the same basket.

And what basket would that be Penny

As you are or not aware of , I have little use for evangelicals.

Oh Penny you make it so easy. I'm sure you have little idea.

"I have little use for Muslims"--bigot

"I have little use for Blacks"--bigot

"I have little use for Jews"--bigot

"I have little use for EVANGELICALS"--BIGOT. That's you, Penny

I judge people individually, but evangelicals I put in one huge basket as deplorables zealots.

No you don't Penny you're simple-minded and judge everyone in groups, just like your Overlords tell you to do.

Barry Goldwater warned us about them:
“Mark my word, if and when these preachers get control of the [Republican] party, and they're sure trying to do so, it's going to be a terrible damn problem. Frankly, these people frighten me. Politics and governing demand compromise. But these Christians believe they are acting in the name of God, so they can't and won't compromise. I know, I've tried to deal with them.”

LGBT movement Christianity vs. Islam.jpg

View attachment 265137

Rather than call my beliefs bigoted maybe you can just tell me which ones are not true.

The only statement among those that you made about Mormonism that is in any rational way “true” (for rather distorted values of “true”) is the one about Jesus and Satan being brothers. And that's based on some serious propagandizing.

Sometimes, the very best, most effective lie, is a truth, distorted and put out of context; to imply, without explicitly stating, great falsehoods.

You won't find any Mormon publications, I think, that mention Jesus and Satan in the same sentence, and describe them as brothers. This is a distortion of our beliefs, crafted with deceptive intent, to suggest that we think that Satan shares some special, unique kinship with Jesus that puts him above us,and lowers Jesus toward Satan's level. That's not what we believe.

The genuine beliefs, that have been thus distorted, are this:

All of humanity are the children of our same Heavenly Father. As children of God, we are all brothers and sisters. This includes every human being that has ever lived, or ever will live, including Jesus. It also includes Satan, and those who fell with him, and are thus denied ever progressing as far as this mortal state that you and I are in.

Anyway, what struck me as amusing was that just after you rightfully called someone else out as a bigot, you went on to tell some deeply bigoted lies against my faith, showing you to be not much better than the bigot that you were calling out. In your case, I'm willing to grant you the benefit of doubt, that you are merely ignorant and deceived, rather than outright malicious.

You got your “information” about my religion from sources that are, however, malicious, bigoted, and willfully deceitful.

I have no animosity toward you as a person. I am very sorry you are deceived by the Mormon Church and I mean that sincerely. The Mormon Church believes many heresies about Christianity that are so deep it cannot be considered Christian. I say that from a place of grief for you, not a place of animosity.

Joseph Smith was a deceiver and a liar.
:popcorn:

Why don't you do something brave, you utter coward

Forum List

Back