Catholicism & Christianity - The Shocking Difference

There are probably 100 ways to practice Christianity. And probably 1000 other religions. With all the potential benefit that could come from them, I don't have time to criticize yours.

Indeed. But Mormonism tragically strays too far from Christian doctrine to be considered Christian

I say this with sorrow, and pray Mormons will come to Christ as revealed in the Scriptures and not their heretical books

Too funny you praying for Mormons. Talk about hypocrisy. You know when the two Mormons boys came to my door, and I told them I was a RC , they were polite as can be and didn't tell me I'm going to hell, unlike the Baptist who turned Evangelicals came with their children to my door and when I told them I was RC, they said I was "not saved". Yet, you are praying for Mormons.

I don't know when you last went to church Penny but you are the veriest Church Lady I have had the displeasure of knowing recently. You have no use for these people, those people, these people are "baskets of deplorables", you want to check those people's papers and deny them any gov't programs.

Get a grip on yourself. Can you? Is it too late?

you know what isn't Christianity, EVANGELICALS and everything they represent.

You're a bigot Penny and we know this

LOL, I not a bigot, I just do not like Evangelicals. They think they are in government and try their best to control government.
Barry Goldwater warned us about them:
“Mark my word, if and when these preachers get control of the [Republican] party, and they're sure trying to do so, it's going to be a terrible damn problem. Frankly, these people frighten me. Politics and governing demand compromise. But these Christians believe they are acting in the name of God, so they can't and won't compromise. I know, I've tried to deal with them.”

View attachment 265206
Oh look...you are trying that lie again. How cute. :71:

Rather than call my beliefs bigoted maybe you can just tell me which ones are not true.

The only statement among those that you made about Mormonism that is in any rational way “true” (for rather distorted values of “true”) is the one about Jesus and Satan being brothers. And that's based on some serious propagandizing.

Sometimes, the very best, most effective lie, is a truth, distorted and put out of context; to imply, without explicitly stating, great falsehoods.

You won't find any Mormon publications, I think, that mention Jesus and Satan in the same sentence, and describe them as brothers. This is a distortion of our beliefs, crafted with deceptive intent, to suggest that we think that Satan shares some special, unique kinship with Jesus that puts him above us,and lowers Jesus toward Satan's level. That's not what we believe.

The genuine beliefs, that have been thus distorted, are this:

All of humanity are the children of our same Heavenly Father. As children of God, we are all brothers and sisters. This includes every human being that has ever lived, or ever will live, including Jesus. It also includes Satan, and those who fell with him, and are thus denied ever progressing as far as this mortal state that you and I are in.

Anyway, what struck me as amusing was that just after you rightfully called someone else out as a bigot, you went on to tell some deeply bigoted lies against my faith, showing you to be not much better than the bigot that you were calling out. In your case, I'm willing to grant you the benefit of doubt, that you are merely ignorant and deceived, rather than outright malicious.

You got your “information” about my religion from sources that are, however, malicious, bigoted, and willfully deceitful.

I have no animosity toward you as a person. I am very sorry you are deceived by the Mormon Church and I mean that sincerely. The Mormon Church believes many heresies about Christianity that are so deep it cannot be considered Christian. I say that from a place of grief for you, not a place of animosity.

Joseph Smith was a deceiver and a liar.
:popcorn:

Why don't you do something brave, you utter coward
When did you serve in the military, dear boy?

There are probably 100 ways to practice Christianity. And probably 1000 other religions. With all the potential benefit that could come from them, I don't have time to criticize yours.

Indeed. But Mormonism tragically strays too far from Christian doctrine to be considered Christian

I say this with sorrow, and pray Mormons will come to Christ as revealed in the Scriptures and not their heretical books

Too funny you praying for Mormons. Talk about hypocrisy. You know when the two Mormons boys came to my door, and I told them I was a RC , they were polite as can be and didn't tell me I'm going to hell, unlike the Baptist who turned Evangelicals came with their children to my door and when I told them I was RC, they said I was "not saved". Yet, you are praying for Mormons.
You're RC and pro-abortion? The Baptist bloke was right!!

Greg

Rather than call my beliefs bigoted maybe you can just tell me which ones are not true.

The only statement among those that you made about Mormonism that is in any rational way “true” (for rather distorted values of “true”) is the one about Jesus and Satan being brothers. And that's based on some serious propagandizing.

Sometimes, the very best, most effective lie, is a truth, distorted and put out of context; to imply, without explicitly stating, great falsehoods.

You won't find any Mormon publications, I think, that mention Jesus and Satan in the same sentence, and describe them as brothers. This is a distortion of our beliefs, crafted with deceptive intent, to suggest that we think that Satan shares some special, unique kinship with Jesus that puts him above us,and lowers Jesus toward Satan's level. That's not what we believe.

All of humanity are the children of our same Heavenly Father. As children of God, we are all brothers and sisters. This includes every human being that has ever lived, or ever will live, including Jesus. It also includes Satan, and those who fell with him, and are thus denied ever progressing as far as this mortal state that you and I are in.

Anyway, what struck me as amusing was that just after you rightfully called someone else out as a bigot, you went on to tell some deeply bigoted lies against my faith, showing you to be not much better than the bigot that you were calling out. In your case, I'm willing to grant you the benefit of doubt, that you are merely ignorant and deceived, rather than outright malicious.

You got your “information” about my religion from sources that are, however, malicious, bigoted, and willfully deceitful.

I have no animosity toward you as a person. I am very sorry you are deceived by the Mormon Church and I mean that sincerely. The Mormon Church believes many heresies about Christianity that are so deep it cannot be considered Christian. I say that from a place of grief for you, not a place of animosity.

:popcorn:

Why don't you do something brave, you utter coward
When did you serve in the military, dear boy?

What did you do in the military? Explain

I don't know when you last went to church Penny but you are the veriest Church Lady I have had the displeasure of knowing recently. You have no use for these people, those people, these people are "baskets of deplorables", you want to check those people's papers and deny them any gov't programs.

Too late for me and Evangelicals, I just can't tell you how I despise them.

You're RC and pro-abortion? The Baptist bloke was right!!

Greg

Pro choice is not pro abortion.

I’ve never really understood the Protestant argument on this.

Everything is through the grace of God. Works are a sign.

That path led to people getting married to multiple wives. For decades. That was expressly against what Jesus taught in the New Testament.

Polygyny is a practice that we well-established in much of the Old Testament. In fact, under certain circumstances, it was commanded. (See Levirate marriage, in which a man was obligated to marry his brother's widow, with no exception being made for him already having a wife.)

Now, where in the New Testament is Jesus quoted as saying anything about polygyny, for or against?

It is not, in Christianity, just some nebulous "whatever you think Jesus is" or "however Jesus makes you feel". I mean, He said stuff. We have it written down. The Bible says very specific things about not ADDING or SUBTRACTING to His Word.

Do you know that the book of Revelation was written before most of the rest of the New Testament? So if that warning at the end means what you think it means, then it invalidate most of the New Testament.

A similar warning is found in Deuteronomy, by the way. By the same logic, that would invalidate the entire New Testament, and most of the Old Testament.

God did not stop speaking to Mankind. Mankind stopped listening to God.

Last edited:
Not Mormons. They believe Jesus and Satan are brothers, God is married, and they will all go on to inhabit little planets with their wives and be their own sorta god when they die. Lots of freaky-deaky beliefs in there they try to hide more or less but not Christian.

View attachment 265137

The MORMON Religion EXPOSED!

there is only ONE WAY to Heaven, thru Jesus Christ. Repenting of your sins- trusting in his blood on the Cross to cleanse you of all your sins.

It is you who is deceived.

You've been told some serious lies and distortions about what we Mormons believe, and you've accepted these lies as truth. You are judging my faith, based on these lies.

And amusingly, you have the hubris to imagine that you know my beliefs better than I do.

1) The Nature of God

Mormons teach there are many Gods and that man himself can become a god. Mormon teaching- “Question- Are there more Gods than one? Answer- Yes, many. 1 Cor 8:5” (Catechism, by Elder John Jaques, chapter 4, page 13.)

The Bible teaches there is only ONE true God who eternally exists before anything was made and that all other gods are false.

MORMONISM -You have got to learn how to be Gods yourselves, and to be kings and priests to God, the same as all Gods have done before you” (Founder and Mormon Prophet Joseph Smith, The Journal of Discourses, Vol. VI, page 4)

Their own prophet taught that men who are created by God can become God. Of course their concept of God is not the same as the bible because the Bible teaches God always existed as God, does not change, so no creature created by him can become Him.

God himself was once as we are now, and is an exalted Man, and sits enthroned in yonder heavens ( Founder and Mormon Prophet Joseph Smith, April 6, 1844, The Journal of Discourses, Vol. VI, page 3

“...He was once a man like us; yea, that God himself, the Father of us all, dwelt on an earth, the same as Jesus Christ Himself did...” (History of the Church, Vol. 6, p. 305-306).

The Bible- “Professing to be wise, they became fools, and changed the glory of the incorruptible God into an image made like corruptible man (Romans 1:22-23)

They are teaching that God was a man “as we are now” and then achieved his exalted rank. So God the Father was not always the Father, but became the Father (see John 17)

Now hear it, O inhabitants of the earth, Jew and Gentile, Saint and sinner! When our father Adam came into the garden of Eden, he came into it with a celestial body, and brought Eve, one of his wives, with him. (Second President and Prophet Brigham Young, April 9, 1852, recorded in The Journal of Discourses, Vol. 1, page 50).

As man is, god once was; as God is, man may become.”(Lorenzo Snow the fifth President of the Church, LDS Church News, Jan. 16, 1983, p. 14)

“In the Heaven where our spirits were born, there are many Gods, each one of whom has his own wife or wives which were given to him previous to his redemption, while yet in his mortal state” (The Seer, by Apostle Orson Pratt, Vol. 1, March 1853, No. 3, page 37)

The Gods, organized and formed the heavens and the earth” (“Book of Abraham,”4:1, in The Pearl of Great Price, by the Prophet Joseph Smith, page 38.

The head God called together the Gods and sat in grand council to bring forth the world.”

I wish to declare I have always and in all congregations when I have preached on the subject of deity, it has been on the plurality of Gods…the doctrine of a plurality of Gods is as prominent in the Bible as any other doctrine.” (founder J. Smith History of the church Vol.6 pp.308,474)

The founder Smith was so convinced of his Godhood that he declared “My Father worked out his kingdom with fear and trembling, and I must do the same; and when I get my kingdom, I shall present it to my Father, so that he may obtain kingdom upon kingdom, and it will exalt him in glory. He will then take a higher exaltation, and I will TAKE HIS PLACE, and thereby become EXALTED MYSELF.” (LDS “Founder” and “Prophet” Joseph Smith, Journal of Discourses, Vol. 6, p. 4, 1844, emphasis added)

In the beginning, the head of the Gods called a council of the Gods; and they came together and concocted a plan to create the world and people it” (sermon by Founder and Prophet Joseph Smith, April 6, 1844, recorded in The Journal of Discourses, Vol. VI, page 5)

Joseph Smith said “God himself was once as we are now, and is an exalted man.” …I say, if you were to see him today, you would see him like a man in form- like yourselves, in all the person, image and very form as a man…” (founder Joseph Smith history of the Church vol.6 p.305 also teachings of the prophet J.Smith p.345)

It [Mormonism] is the only system of religion known in heaven or on earth that can EXALT A MAN TO THE GODHEAD, and this it will do to all those who embrace its laws and faithfully observe its precepts.” (LDS “Prophet” and second president Brigham Young, Journal of Discourses, Vol. 10, p. 251, 1863)

Spencer W. Kimball, the twelfth president of the church stated: “Brethren, 225,000 of you are here tonight. 1 suppose 225,000 of you may become gods. There seems to be plenty of space out there in the universe. And the Lord has proved that he knows how to do it. 1 think he could make, or probably have us help make, worlds for all of us, for every one of us 225,000” (The Ensign, p. 80, Nov. 1975).

Brigham Young the second president of the church, “How many Gods there are, I do not know. But there never was a time when there were no Gods and worlds…”(Brigham Young Journal of Discourses, vol. 7 p.333).

What Mormon can believe in only one God? If they did, they would go against their founder, the prophets, presidents, apostles and all the teachings in their church.They would not have the testimony of their founder Joseph Smith being a prophet.

The Bible- Isaiah 44:6Beside Me there is no God

Why the Mormon Church is not the TRUE church Jesus Christ started

there is only ONE WAY to Heaven, thru Jesus Christ. Repenting of your sins- trusting in his blood on the Cross to cleanse you of all your sins.
What happened to the people before Christ was born?

What happened to the people before Christ was born?

the law.

Too late for me and Evangelicals, I just can't tell you how I despise them.

Will it call for jackboots? Checking people's papers? Labor camps?

You're a dangerous kind of ignorant. You're easily swayed, Penny.

That path led to people getting married to multiple wives. For decades. That was expressly against what Jesus taught in the New Testament.

Polygyny is a practice that we well-established in much of the Old Testament. In fact, under certain circumstances, it was commanded. (See Levirate marriage, in which a man was obligated to marry his brother's widow, with no exception being made for him already having a wife.)

Now, where in the New Testament is Jesus quoted as saying anything about polygyny, for or against?

It is not, in Christianity, just some nebulous "whatever you think Jesus is" or "however Jesus makes you feel". I mean, He said stuff. We have it written down. The Bible says very specific things about not ADDING or SUBTRACTING to His Word.

Do you know that the book of Revelation was written before most of the rest of the New Testament? So if that warning at the end means what you think it means, then it invalidate most of the New Testament.

A similar warning is found in Deuteronomy, by the way. By the same logic, that would invalidate the entire New Testament, and most of the Old Testament.

God did not stop speaking to Mankind. Mankind stopped listening to God.

1. Jesus never, ever talked about polygamy and it was never God's plan from the beginning. Yes, it happened in the Bible, and more than once. But from Adam and Eve to Jesus' teachings, God shows that it is NOT His plan:

He answered, "Have you not read that he who created them from the beginning made them male and female, and said, 'Therefore a man shall leave his father and his mother and hold fast to his wife, and the two shall become one flesh'? So they are no longer two but one flesh. What therefore God has joined together, let not man separate." Matthew 19:4-6 (ESV)

2. Revelation is absolutely the last book written in the Bible, authored someone in the 90s AD.

Forum List

Back