Catholicism & Christianity - The Shocking Difference

If you believe in Jesus as a dirty, you are, by definition, a xtian.

Do you mean a "dirty Jew"?

Nope not my opinion. But your use of "Xtian" does not escape me. Hey you're European right? Good luck with that
"X" is pretty old for Christ. Comes from the Greek of course. Catholics tend not to use it because we were blueing with the Greeks over something...Crusades I think when some went rogue......those old feuds die hard. I attend a Greek Orthodox Church for weddings and funerals; they're all back in sync now. Now for those stubborn Anglicans and Lutherans!!

Greg

My path that leads to Christ is better than your path that leads to Christ.

Can't ya'll just be happy that people have accepted Christ into their hearts?

You're a bigot Penny and we know this

Not Mormons. They believe Jesus and Satan are brothers, God is married, and they will all go on to inhabit little planets with their wives and be their own sorta god when they die. Lots of freaky-deaky beliefs in there they try to hide more or less but not Christian.

View attachment 265137

Rather than call my beliefs bigoted maybe you can just tell me which ones are not true.

I think the Mormon stuff is a bit out there but as one of my Mormon Bishop friends said while we were having a very nice cigar and some Scotch( no water, ice or ANY contaminating lollywaters): he'll leave the details to the theologians. He knew of some fundamental truths they had but admitted that some of the Book was a bit out there. Yeah: as a Catholic I thought he was nuts but no crazier than others...er...who have taken a slightly more circuitous route.

Greg

For me Greg, I put a big stock in Truth. I do.

Paul did too. He said, if Jesus is not raised from the dead you are dead in your sins and we are the most pitied among men. It's not a feeling. It's not a tradition. It's not a culture. It's a TRUTH. If it's false, walk away.
Hey Sue; we were the first to report it, remember???

Greg

Sorta, but you know how stubborn those other mobs are. And us with Apostolic Succession and all.

Greg

LOL, I not a bigot, I just do not like Evangelicals. They think they are in government and try their best to control government.

No you're a bigot for sure. Don't like Evangelicals don't like Jews

I don't put all jews in the same basket, but I put all Evangelicals in the same basket.

And what basket would that be Penny

As you are or not aware of , I have little use for evangelicals.

That’s ridiculous. Some of the finest people I know are Evangelicals.

Sorta, but you know how stubborn those other mobs are. And us with Apostolic Succession and all.

Greg

Have you ever visited Vatican City? It really is wondrous to behold. Even if you're not devout or faithful the history and architecture alone makes it worthy of seeing before dying.

Sure. Methodists, Baptists, Presbyterians, even Catholics. Heh.

But then came Joe Smith and said Jesus came to North America and preached to the Indians because he saw a rock in a hat and wrote it all down in the BoM

Greg

Have you ever visited Vatican City? It really is wondrous to behold. Even if you're not devout or faithful the history and architecture alone makes it worthy of seeing before dying.

I would seriously love to go there. Just to Italy actually. For the music and wine. Wine and music...bliss on earth. :)

• Thanks
Reactions: mdk

But then came Joe Smith and said Jesus came to North America and preached to the Indians because he saw a rock in a hat and wrote it all down in the BoM

And another path that leads to Jesus presents itself. How wonderful.

Not Mormons. They believe Jesus and Satan are brothers, God is married, and they will all go on to inhabit little planets with their wives and be their own sorta god when they die. Lots of freaky-deaky beliefs in there they try to hide more or less but not Christian.

View attachment 265137

Rather than call my beliefs bigoted maybe you can just tell me which ones are not true.

I think the Mormon stuff is a bit out there but as one of my Mormon Bishop friends said while we were having a very nice cigar and some Scotch( no water, ice or ANY contaminating lollywaters): he'll leave the details to the theologians. He knew of some fundamental truths they had but admitted that some of the Book was a bit out there. Yeah: as a Catholic I thought he was nuts but no crazier than others...er...who have taken a slightly more circuitous route.

Greg

Paul did too. He said, if Jesus is not raised from the dead you are dead in your sins and we are the most pitied among men. It's not a feeling. It's not a tradition. It's not a culture. It's a TRUTH. If it's false, walk away.

"And the Word was made flesh"............it starts right THERE as the prophets foretold. Re the Jews: I like my old teacher's explanation They're God the Father's so he'll sort them out in due course. No way am I getting in any argument between God and His Chosen Peeps!!. As for the Mormons; on many of the basics they weren't as far off as some I've heard over the years. I can attest to the fact that there was no Rapture in 1978.................so somebody was out by a fair while.

So let's all start with CHARITY. That excludes the libtards around the place.

Greg

LOL, I not a bigot, I just do not like Evangelicals. They think they are in government and try their best to control government.

I don't put all jews in the same basket, but I put all Evangelicals in the same basket.

I mean, just to enlighten you: she said on another thread people who homeschool their kids should be checked "for papers" to see if they vaccinate their kids and should get no public assistance whatsoever.

So. Scary.

Well it's a path but some of their signposts are a tad problematic.

Greg

Greg

I would seriously love to go there. Just to Italy actually. For the music and wine. Wine and music...bliss on earth. :)

It's pretty amazing. Standing in St. Peter's Square is very humbling and quite imposing if I am honest.

View attachment 265137

Greg

"And the Word was made flesh"............it starts right THERE as the prophets foretold. Re the Jews: I like my old teacher's explanation They're God the Father's so he'll sort them out in due course. No way am I getting in any argument between God and His Chosen Peeps!!. As for the Mormons; on many of the basics they weren't as far off as some I've heard over the years. I can attest to the fact that there was no Rapture in 1978.................so somebody was out by a fair while.

So let's all start with CHARITY. That excludes the libtards around the place.

Greg

I agree. I also do not think Charity means that I shrug and say, Meh, I think Joe Smith was alright. Listen let's be honest, Greg. Mormons come to my door to openly recruit me. They are actively recruiting people into their church. It's what they do. I don't think there's anything wrong with saying, "I believe you're in a cult and I will pray for you." Which is what I say when they come.

I mean, just to enlighten you: she said on another thread people who homeschool their kids should be checked "for papers" to see if they vaccinate their kids and should get no public assistance whatsoever.

So. Scary.

That’s pretty silly.

If you get a chance, you should go to Italy. It’s amazing and beautiful. The St Peter’s Basilica is one of the most beautiful buildings on earth.

That path led to people getting married to multiple wives. For decades. That was expressly against what Jesus taught in the New Testament.

It is not, in Christianity, just some nebulous "whatever you think Jesus is" or "however Jesus makes you feel". I mean, He said stuff. We have it written down. The Bible says very specific things about not ADDING or SUBTRACTING to His Word.

If you believe in Jesus as a dirty, you are, by definition, a xtian.

Do you mean a "dirty Jew"?

Nope not my opinion. But your use of "Xtian" does not escape me. Hey you're European right? Good luck with that
"X" is pretty old for Christ. Comes from the Greek of course. Catholics tend not to use it because we were blueing with the Greeks over something...Crusades I think when some went rogue......those old feuds die hard. I attend a Greek Orthodox Church for weddings and funerals; they're all back in sync now. Now for those stubborn Anglicans and Lutherans!!

Greg

Actually, the schism between the Catholic church of Rome and the Orthodox church of Constantinople dates back six centuries before the first Crusade of 1096.

The schism is just as political in origin as it is religious.

Saying Mormons belong to a cult is pretty rude, even if that's how truly feel. I simply say; "Thank you, but I am not interested." If that doesn't work, I ask them to wait a minute for my husband to return. :lol:

Catholics, Protestants, Coptics, Mormons.... they are all xtian.
Yeap...and you're allll k!kes.

You say that like it's a bad thing.
I want to reel that in a scosh. A bit harsh I must admit. Certainly, not all. However, it is a descriptor for many.

The fact that you are Judaism in that way is more than enough to confirm to me that the faith of my fathers is a righteous faith.

You weren't chosen for a reason.

Forum List

Back