Carson: "I would not just stand there and let him shoot me,"

In an earlier thread, before Carson ever said this, some alleged CCW holder used the excuse that he had no duty to intervene on behalf of others and claimed it would be foolish to do so.
There is some truth to this; CCW classes usually teach to not get involved in an altercation that does not involve you.
Like the CC guy who saw a car-jacking and fired, missing the criminals, killing the victim, and then he ran off? Terrific.
Or the lady here locally who shot her husband before he could shoot her and the kids.
And I'm sure that was the very first time he had ever threatened them eh? Right.
Who knows? Doesn't matter. She saved her kids. Self defense is a right protected by the constitution. No charges are being filed.

Correction, self defense is a basic human right that predates governments and constitutions. ;)

There is some truth to this; CCW classes usually teach to not get involved in an altercation that does not involve you.
Like the CC guy who saw a car-jacking and fired, missing the criminals, killing the victim, and then he ran off? Terrific.
Or the lady here locally who shot her husband before he could shoot her and the kids.
And I'm sure that was the very first time he had ever threatened them eh? Right.
Who knows? Doesn't matter. She saved her kids. Self defense is a right protected by the constitution. No charges are being filed.
It does matter because in her mind she was well-prepared to shoot the SOB if necessary. That's not something a co-ed is going to do to the cute guy who ends up raping her.
It does matter because in her mind she was well-prepared to shoot the SOB if necessary. That's not something a co-ed is going to do to the cute guy who ends up raping her.
You know what's in everyone's mind? Fascinating.

"I would not just stand there and let him shoot me," Carson said on "Fox & Friends," as seen in the clip above. "I would say, 'Hey, guys, everybody attack him. He may shoot me, but he can’t get us all.'"
Ben Carson On Oregon Murders: 'I Would Not Just Stand There And Let Him Shoot Me'

So... who here disagrees with Ben?

It's not a matter of "let".

And someone did rush the shooter.

Oregon's hero, Chris Mintz, pleaded with the shooter: 'It's my son's birthday'

He was shot anyway.

Oh well, at least he tried. I'm sure the people he saved appreciate his sacrifice. Of course it would be too much for me to expect you or the general population to have the same regard for the lives of your fellow humans. Better to run away, so you can monday morning quarterback another day, right?

Whoooooshh..

Right over your head.

If I had my way? That maniac would have never had a military style assault weapon or automatic pistols in the first place.

if you had your way we'd live in a totalitarian state where we depended upon the government for everything. If you want to live like a sheep, have at it, but don't condemn free people to share in your handicap.

"I would not just stand there and let him shoot me," Carson said on "Fox & Friends," as seen in the clip above. "I would say, 'Hey, guys, everybody attack him. He may shoot me, but he can’t get us all.'"
Ben Carson On Oregon Murders: 'I Would Not Just Stand There And Let Him Shoot Me'

I would.. I would proclaim my Savior and let him take me down... if it was God's will, I would die.
If not, I would not.

I know human nature.

He was shot anyway.

Oh well, at least he tried. I'm sure the people he saved appreciate his sacrifice. Of course it would be too much for me to expect you or the general population to have the same regard for the lives of your fellow humans. Better to run away, so you can monday morning quarterback another day, right?

Whoooooshh..

Right over your head.

If I had my way? That maniac would have never had a military style assault weapon or automatic pistols in the first place.

if you had your way we'd live in a totalitarian state where we depended upon the government for everything. If you want to live like a sheep, have at it, but don't condemn free people to share in your handicap.

:lol:

I would.. I would proclaim my Savior and let him take me down... if it was God's will, I would die.
If not, I would not.
Why?

So they caught the guy?
Last I heard they were still on the loose,so how would you know the guy wasnt in on it?
I'm just going by what was reported. Guy packing heat jumps in to help, makes it so much worse, and then runs away. That's your future with a bunch of people running around playing John Wayne.

Witness accidentally shoots carjacking victim trying to stop thieves
What a brave, brave man...

No, he was an idiot. If you don't feel that you can help, feel free to run away like a little girl. I know, you keep trying to present this Walter Mitty fantasy that you are the only person in the world that has the skills, will and experience to kill, but would run away anyway...but that's we we love you...comic relief.
Unlike most, I'm not afraid of death. That happens at my age, you no longer care that much. I would welcome a good long nap.
Go for it, I doubt anyone here is going to make an attempt at waking you back up.

In an earlier thread, before Carson ever said this, some alleged CCW holder used the excuse that he had no duty to intervene on behalf of others and claimed it would be foolish to do so.

There is no right to individual self defense in the Constitution of the United States.

I know human nature.

If you did, you wouldn't utter the nonsense that you do. Knowing human nature from what you experience, and what you read in books while hidden in your basement are two different things.

He was shot anyway.

Whoooooshh..

Right over your head.

Assault style weapons? Automatic pistols?
So one is just a regular rifle with some fancy shit hanging off it and the other is very difficult to obtain without a class 3 license.
At least be honest.

Dr. Carson used to be a flaming liberal.

To get where he is now, he was never a liberal. Since he was raised on welfare maybe he just assumed that.

You don't get to be the greatest neurosurgeon on the planet because of welfare and Affirmative Action.

Without our money supporting him and mommy, no one would have heard of him. Is he good at his chosen profession? Terrific, that is being a doctor not an elected official...

'Assault Weapon'?! ANY weapon can be categorized as an 'assault' weapon if it is used to 'assault' - shoot / kill - a person. And again, what is the obsession with rejecting personal accountability and the fact that PEOPLE kill people, and guns are only a 'tool'.

More people are killed in the US, according to the FBI, with knives and hammers. I don't see the Liberals demanding more knife and hammer legislation, a 30-day waiting period for a craftsman hammer, r a background check for a steak knife.

No legislation exists that would have prevented the Oregon shooting.
No legislation that can be passed (without ignoring the Constitution) can be passed that would prevent such an attack. No law can be passed that criminals / murderers will obey.

An ARMED guard, like the ones at Obama's kids' school, would have done more to protect them than any legislation in existence or that can be passed.

Addressing mental illness and violence in our culture - regarding the desensitizing and disregard of human life - that permeates our movies ,video games, etc will do more than attempting to strip law abiding citizens of their ability to protect themselves. ....my 2 cents.

I agree with Carson. He would not just stand there and let him shoot him. He would stand there, piss all over himself, and beg and plead for his life.

Forum List

Back