Carson: "I would not just stand there and let him shoot me,"

In an earlier thread, before Carson ever said this, some alleged CCW holder used the excuse that he had no duty to intervene on behalf of others and claimed it would be foolish to do so.
There is some truth to this; CCW classes usually teach to not get involved in an altercation that does not involve you.
Which is a bunch of hooey. 'altercation' is one thing....
The point is, you have no duty to break up a fight you know nothing about.

"I would not just stand there and let him shoot me," Carson said on "Fox & Friends," as seen in the clip above. "I would say, 'Hey, guys, everybody attack him. He may shoot me, but he can’t get us all.'"
Ben Carson On Oregon Murders: 'I Would Not Just Stand There And Let Him Shoot Me'

So... who here disagrees with Ben?

It's not a matter of "let".

And someone did rush the shooter.

Oregon's hero, Chris Mintz, pleaded with the shooter: 'It's my son's birthday'

He was shot anyway.

In an earlier thread, before Carson ever said this, some alleged CCW holder used the excuse that he had no duty to intervene on behalf of others and claimed it would be foolish to do so.
There is some truth to this; CCW classes usually teach to not get involved in an altercation that does not involve you.
Like the CC guy who saw a car-jacking and fired, missing the criminals, killing the victim, and then he ran off? Terrific.

So they caught the guy?
Last I heard they were still on the loose,so how would you know the guy wasnt in on it?
I'm just going by what was reported. Guy packing heat jumps in to help, makes it so much worse, and then runs away. That's your future with a bunch of people running around playing John Wayne.

"After the shooting, the witness picked up his gun shell casings and left the scene without waiting for police to arrive"
Witness accidentally shoots carjacking victim trying to stop thieves

What a brave, brave man...

Last edited:
"I would not just stand there and let him shoot me," Carson said on "Fox & Friends," as seen in the clip above. "I would say, 'Hey, guys, everybody attack him. He may shoot me, but he can’t get us all.'"
Ben Carson On Oregon Murders: 'I Would Not Just Stand There And Let Him Shoot Me'

So, he believes in God and heaven but would rather stay here to run for President than just get on his way to paradise?

I'd shoot him because I DON'T believe in an afterlife and wanna live. :)

Like the CC guy who saw a car-jacking and fired, missing the criminals, killing the victim, and then he ran off? Terrific.
Or the lady here locally who shot her husband before he could shoot her and the kids.
And I'm sure that was the very first time he had ever threatened them eh? Right.

He was shot anyway.
So... You agree with Dr Carson.
Thank you.

CCW != good guy. Repeat that until you understand it.

So they caught the guy?
Last I heard they were still on the loose,so how would you know the guy wasnt in on it?
I'm just going by what was reported. Guy packing heat jumps in to help, makes it so much worse, and then runs away. That's your future with a bunch of people running around playing John Wayne.

"After the shooting, the witness picked up his gun shell casings and left the scene without waiting for police to arrive"

So again,you dont know.

So they caught the guy?

No, he was an idiot. If you don't feel that you can help, feel free to run away like a little girl. I know, you keep trying to present this Walter Mitty fantasy that you are the only person in the world that has the skills, will and experience to kill, but would run away anyway...but that's we we love you...comic relief.

CCW != good guy. Repeat that until you understand it.
See above. Good guy shoots victim, runs away.

Read more: Witness accidentally shoots carjacking victim trying to stop thieves

He was shot anyway.

Oh well, at least he tried. I'm sure the people he saved appreciate his sacrifice. Of course it would be too much for me to expect you or the general population to have the same regard for the lives of your fellow humans. Better to run away, so you can monday morning quarterback another day, right?

So they caught the guy?

No, he was an idiot. If you don't feel that you can help, feel free to run away like a little girl. I know, you keep trying to present this Walter Mitty fantasy that you are the only person in the world that has the skills, will and experience to kill, but would run away anyway...but that's we we love you...comic relief.
Unlike most, I'm not afraid of death. That happens at my age, you no longer care that much. I would welcome a good long nap.

I contend that those with the means to resist, have a duty to resist, period. I'm not going to judge those that run away, but if you got numbers, you collectively have the means to resist. Of course resistance seems to be a bad word these days.
This guy must have been a Liberal or an atheist, who had nothing to worry about...after all the gunman was specifically targeting CHRISTIANS. :p

Or the lady here locally who shot her husband before he could shoot her and the kids.
And I'm sure that was the very first time he had ever threatened them eh? Right.
Who knows? Doesn't matter. She saved her kids. Self defense is a right protected by the constitution. No charges are being filed.

So they caught the guy?

Unlike most, I'm not afraid of death. That happens at my age, you no longer care that much. I would welcome a good long nap.

But not enough to help anyone but yourself, right Braveheart? I can see why though...I wouldn't want to risk my neck either if I knew that all of my mad skillz were just fantasies I made up in my Mitty widdle mind.

Heroes aren't BORN...they're created in a split second at the most critical time. It isn't planned. It just happens.

He was shot anyway.

Oh well, at least he tried. I'm sure the people he saved appreciate his sacrifice. Of course it would be too much for me to expect you or the general population to have the same regard for the lives of your fellow humans. Better to run away, so you can monday morning quarterback another day, right?

Whoooooshh..

Right over your head.

If I had my way? That maniac would have never had a military style assault weapon or automatic pistols in the first place.

Who knows? Doesn't matter. She saved her kids. Self defense is a right protected by the constitution. No charges are being filed.
It does matter because in her mind she was well-prepared to shoot the SOB if necessary. That's not something a co-ed is going to do to the cute guy who ends up raping her.

Forum List

Back