Climate Alarmists are Meeeellllltttting.....melllllllttttttinnnnng

Water at the Statue of Liberty still the same place at high tide as it was when first built

The Statue or a moron!! It’s too stupid to realize AGWCult models have it underwater!!

Grumblenuts: “I’m not dumb like everyone says, I’m smart!!!! And I want respect!!”

Wrong.
The Statue of Liberty is on a island with a huge base.
Oceans would have to rise over 100' to even reach the statue itself.

But again, the POINT is the heat is still accumulating from the CO2 we emitted in the 70s.
We don't know when it will finally reach equilibrium.
It may continue to retain more heat for hundreds of years.
And it is already too late to do anything to stop it.

The same overpopulation that threatened to capsize Guam is now causing the land to sink. The oceans are the same level they’ve always been, land is just too heavy.

Wrong.
Look at images of glaciers from 50 years ago compared to now.
They are all melted.
The Northwest Passage opened up for the first time in 50,000 years in 1997.

That's why the Statue of Liberty is underwater, er, or something

You're being played.

All the AGWCult leaders have oceanfront mansions.

All the banks yapping about "climate change" are still lending oceanfront condo developers hundreds of millions on any large project

You are being played for a sucker, a fool, a patsy; take a look!

Wrong.
The heat from the 1970 CO2 had not yet finished accumulating solar heat.
We only caused a 1.5 degree rise so far, but we don't know when it will end heating up.
The CO2 we already added, could cause a 10 degree rise, which not only would cause oceans to increase by 250', but cause the extinction of humans.

Banks are short term predictions.
They do not know or care about things hundreds of years down the road.

Wrong.
We only caused a 1.5 degree rise so far, but we don't know when it will end heating up.
The CO2 we already added, could cause a 10 degree rise, which not only would cause oceans to increase by 250', but cause the extinction of humans.

Banks are short term predictions.
They do not know or care about things hundreds of years down the road.

Banks are making 30 year commitments on oceanfront properties TODAY! They find your concern amusing. I think you're either certifiable or joking

Last edited:
Wrong.
Look at images of glaciers from 50 years ago compared to now.
They are all melted.
The Northwest Passage opened up for the first time in 50,000 years in 1997.
Wrong.
There are too many people weighing down the continents, causing them to sink. Ask Hank Johnson.
Regardless, water expands when it freezes, rending your contention scientifically illiterate.

Wrong.
The 1970 CO2 will not be clear of the Earth's atmosphere till well after the year 2200.
We have some good estimates. These are five of the IPCC's scenarios. The upper section are the trends for various GHGs over time contained within the scenarios. The bar graph underneath shows the projected warming from the scenarios, differentiating past warming since 1850 from projected warming through 2100. The is from Working Group I, AR6, "The Physical Science Basis". Note that the warming is broken down into that caused by each GHG and aerosol. The sum of all warming is given by the left most column under each scenario.

1715906225936.png

Last edited:
The 1970 CO2 will not be clear of the Earth's atmosphere till well after the year 2200.

We have some good estimates. These are five of the IPCC's scenarios. The upper section are the trends for various GHGs over time contained within the scenarios. The bar graph underneath shows the projected warming from the scenarios, differentiating past warming since 1850 from projected warming through 2100. The is from Working Group I, AR6, "The Physical Science Basis". Note that the warming is broken down into that caused by each GHG and aerosol. The sum of all warming is given by the left most column under each scenario.

View attachment 947792

That's not science. You can say "good estimates" and IPCC in the same sentence

"The ocean absorbs around 30 billion metric tons of carbon dioxide (CO₂) from the atmosphere every day, which is about 25–31% of all CO₂ emissions."

Yes, lots of property has been lost to the rising ocean levels.
All storms wash further inland than before.
Places like the Maldives are becoming uninhabitable.
So where's your examples, buttnugget?

Miami is at 0 elevation. That is a fact, and it's NOT flooded. Now maybe you should think about that.

So where's your examples, buttnugget?

Miami is at 0 elevation. That is a fact, and it's NOT flooded. Now maybe you should think about that.
Miami-Dade County has spent millions in response to sea level rise. A study they commissioned arrived at the following:

Key findings include:
  • Lack of adaptation investment now will have major consequences for the economic wellbeing of the region. Adaptation implemented now will avoid $3.2 billion in structural losses regionally from tidal inundation in 2040.

• Additionally, it can protect $7.7 million in tax revenue losses from 10-year storm events and $385 million in tax revenue from daily tidal inundation by 2070. Damage and losses can be reduced. Investing in adaptation provides direct benefits in the form of avoided losses to property, as well as indirect benefits such as reductions in insurance premiums, stable property values, and tax revenues.

• Community-wide adaptation measures have net benefits for the region. Investing in sea walls, dune restoration and beach nourishment, and berm construction provide significant benefits in the form of avoided tax losses and broad economic benefits to the community, demonstrating a 2:1 return on investment (ROI).

• Property and real estate values can be preserved and increase in value with building-level adaptation. The ROI for individual adaptation strategies is 4:1.
  • Jobs and economic activity can be preserved and generated. Adaptation investments will support new construction, operations, and maintenance jobs.

Why is the Atlantic coast particularly vulnerable to sea level rise?

Much of the land along the Atlantic coast is flat and close to sea level—including thousands of square miles of marshes and other productive wetlands, plus many low-lying cities. In addition, much of the land along the Atlantic coast is sinking, which magnifies the local effect of sea level rise. The land in North America is actually still adjusting to the loss of ice after the last ice age, which peaked about 20,000 years ago. Back then, thick sheets of ice covered areas of what is now Canada and the northern United States. The weight of all that ice depressed the land beneath it, but caused the land farther south (particularly the Mid-Atlantic region from North Carolina to New York) to bulge upward. After the ice melted and the extra weight was lifted, northern areas began to rise, and the Mid-Atlantic region started to sink. This very slow process continues today.
Sea levels are rising and Florida is sinking. Think about that.

No, they haven't. They had basically stopped. For god's sake, learn the basics.

And then, suddenly, for no apparent reason, they accelerated wildly.

Oh wait, we do know the reason. It's the CO2.
You are a moron.

Anyone want to join in with mamooth’s idiotic belief that sea level magically stopped rising and then began wildly accelerating?

No, they haven't. They had basically stopped. For god's sake, learn the basics.

And then, suddenly, for no apparent reason, they accelerated wildly.

Oh wait, we do know the reason. It's the CO2.
Do you know what thermal expansion is, dummy?

What does that deflection have to do with you being caught being wrong about the most basic stuff?

This isn't an argument. You're wrong, stupid, and a brainwashed cultist.
It disproves your silly belief that sea level rise stopped. Do you have a link for that?

It disproves your silly belief that sea level rise stopped. Do you have a link for that?
Of course I do. When have I ever not been able to back up what I say? Never, that is. It's why my pout-stalkers are so butthurt.

Holocene-sea-level-changes-according-to-different-authors-see-Betti-and-Morelli-1.png

Holocene-sea-level-curve-for-the-last-8-ka-The-compiled-global-sea-level-did-not-exceed.png

There's lots more where that came from. Why were you so unaware of the basics?

Of course I do. When have I ever not been able to back up what I say? Never, that is. It's why my pout-stalkers are so butthurt.

Holocene-sea-level-changes-according-to-different-authors-see-Betti-and-Morelli-1.png

Holocene-sea-level-curve-for-the-last-8-ka-The-compiled-global-sea-level-did-not-exceed.png

There's lots more where that came from. Why were you so unaware of the basics?
Because the sea has been rising since the last glacial maximum. You are a moron who doesn’t understand what she reads.

Forum List

Back