Captain Marvel ...

Why was there no outrage over Guardians of the Galaxy, and their obvious pandering to raccoons and tree people?
Let's not even begin to talk about the beastiality of Beauty and the Beast.

No! No! Let's talk about it!

tenor.gif

A woman Captain Marvel?

SJW bullshit.

Fuck Disney.

In fact, there have been five Captain Marvels in the comics since 1967 ... three of them were women.

Who gives a shit? I am not a nerd like you that reads comic books .

It is amazing the shithead isn't a Black homo Muslim bitch.

Disney screwed up Star Wars with that despicable SJW bullshit. Looks like they are trying to screw up everything else.
It's a movie kid.

Get over it.
Yet here you are.

What's next? A female Catwoman?

no

a male catwoman.....:mad-61:

More like a non gender conforming cat...person

Just curious... did you complain about Anne Hathaway's Catwoman being a lesbian?

I haven't heard anything about it but it figures they'd go that route.

You haven't heard about it? The Dark Knight Rises was 7 years ago.
Never saw it. Mostly because I can’t stand Christian Bale.

I don't have a dog in the fight. I have enjoyed the MCU, and have seen every movie except Black Panther, which I skipped when, like this movie, it became embroiled in controversy. It doesn't matter who's responsible for the injection...it just ruins the entertainment value of a movie for me.

But...I haven't seen a movie at the theater in almost a quarter of a century (the theater is too cold for my wife). So the studios aren't making their money from me. I'll wait for Netflix or Redbox.

That said...I suspect everyone is going to see Endgame... and that is going to be the end of the MCU... the characters we are invested in are ready to move on, and no matter which side you're on, no one with eyes to see and ears to hear can deny Marvel has fractured their base.

We've seen what happened to Star Wars after they fractured their fanbase...I suspect we'll see the same thing here.

I don't have a dog in the fight. I have enjoyed the MCU, and have seen every movie except Black Panther, which I skipped when, like this movie, it became embroiled in controversy. It doesn't matter who's responsible for the injection...it just ruins the entertainment value of a movie for me.

But...I haven't seen a movie at the theater in almost a quarter of a century (the theater is too cold for my wife). So the studios aren't making their money from me. I'll wait for Netflix or Redbox.

That said...I suspect everyone is going to see Endgame... and that is going to be the end of the MCU... the characters we are invested in are ready to move on, and no matter which side you're on, no one with eyes to see and ears to hear can deny Marvel has fractured their base.

We've seen what happened to Star Wars after they fractured their fanbase...I suspect we'll see the same thing here.

I don't think that's really true. If they go into phase 4 using the Secret Wars story line... they could just cast new famous actors to play key roles that will still be around like Captain America, Iron Man, and others.

I don't think that's really true. If they go into phase 4 using the Secret Wars story line... they could just cast new famous actors to play key roles that will still be around like Captain America, Iron Man, and others.

Maybe...it has been done successfully. Bond, Spiderman, Batman. The new Spiderman is, IMO, the best Spiderman thus far, so, there is certainly a way forward. But...like I said, those properties didn't shit on their fans the way Last Jedi and Captain Marvel have. They had missteps, like Bat-nipples, Bond getting married and Emo Peter Parker...but they acknowledged and rectified those misstep.

If the MCU follows in the footsteps of Star Wars, I think the backlash will destroy the franchise...which may not be so bad.

I think Endgame will be the highnote of the the series.

Winter Soldier and Civil War were excellent...but, they were team ups. And the titular ensembles were all fantastic...with Infinity War being the best so far...but...

My opinions here...Iron Man 2 & 3 weren't great, they were good. Thor 2 & 3 weren't great, they were good. Guardians 2 wasn't great, it was good. Antman and the Wasp wasn't great, it was good. So far, Captain Marvel doesn't look like it is going to be great.

Dr Strange was excellent. I understand Black Panther was excellent. That's two recent great solo movies out of how many?

Maybe...it has been done successfully. Bond, Spiderman, Batman. The new Spiderman is, IMO, the best Spiderman thus far, so, there is certainly a way forward. But...like I said, those properties didn't shit on their fans the way Last Jedi and Captain Marvel have. They had missteps, like Bat-nipples, Bond getting married and Emo Peter Parker...but they acknowledged and rectified those misstep.

If the MCU follows in the footsteps of Star Wars, I think the backlash will destroy the franchise...which may not be so bad.

Winter Soldier and Civil War were excellent...but, they were team ups. And the titular ensembles were all fantastic...with Infinity War being the best so far...but...

My opinions here...Iron Man 2 & 3 weren't great, they were good. Thor 2 & 3 weren't great, they were good. Guardians 2 wasn't great, it was good. Antman and the Wasp wasn't great, it was good. So far, Captain Marvel doesn't look like it is going to be great.

Dr Strange was excellent. I understand Black Panther was excellent. That's two recent great solo movies out of how many?

What are you basing this idea of Captain Marvel being bad on? You do understand that Rotten Tomatoes is no longer useful when it comes to comic movies right? Because of the war between DC and Marvel fanboys, they shit on each other's movies on Rotten Tomatoes simply out of spite and not truth.

What are you basing this idea of Captain Marvel being bad on? You do understand that Rotten Tomatoes is no longer useful when it comes to comic movies right? Because of the war between DC and Marvel fanboys, they shit on each other's movies on Rotten Tomatoes simply out of spite and not truth.

I'd bet money on the low RT score having nothing do do with DC fans and everything to do with Brie Larson's big fat SJW mouth.

I'd bet money on the low RT score having nothing do do with DC fans and everything to do with Brie Larson's big fat SJW mouth.

You don't even understand her message... and what she said has nothing to do with hating on old white men... it has to do with the need for a better representation of ALL people within the entertainment community.

See people like you look at her message as this zero-sum game where in order for others to get more representation in some segment of society means YOU, YOURSELF has to lose something in return for that to happen. That's not the case, and in fact as a society we ALL gain from more inclusion of other people.

That's what happens when you view everything through a lens of hate... You assume everyone else uses the same world-view as you do because you are too small-minded to understand otherwise.

You don't even understand her message... and what she said has nothing to do with hating on old white men... it has to do with the need for a better representation of ALL people within the entertainment community.

See people like you look at her message as this zero-sum game where in order for others to get more representation in some segment of society means YOU, YOURSELF has to lose something in return for that to happen. That's not the case, and in fact as a society we ALL gain from more inclusion of other people.

That's what happens when you view everything through a lens of hate... You assume everyone else uses the same world-view as you do because you are too small-minded to understand otherwise.

I understand her message perfectly well. It's the same rhetoric that the left has been browbeating us white guys with for over a decade now. "You don't matter, step aside, shut up" Here's what she said about "A wrinkle in Time"

“[Audiences] are not allowed enough chances to read public discourse on these films by the people that the films were made for. I do not need a 40-year-old white dude to tell me what didn’t work for him about ‘[A] Wrinkle in Time.’ It wasn’t made for him. I want to know what it meant to women of color, to biracial women, to teen women of color, to teens that are biracial.”

I read and loved that book as a child having no idea that it was meant exclusively for biracial trans teens.

I didn't say bad. Just not great. Basing that off of critics reviews, not audience reviews. And not off of the tomatometer... that thing is ridiculous.

Critics aren't always right, but the audience meter is too skewed at the moment to use as any kind of metric.

Right now, the critical score for Captain Marvel is between Thor 1 and Iron Man 2 (I personally liked Thor 1). That does not mark it as particularly epic.

Last edited:

I understand her message perfectly well. It's the same rhetoric that the left has been browbeating us white guys with for over a decade now. "You don't matter, step aside, shut up" Here's what she said about "A wrinkle in Time"

“[Audiences] are not allowed enough chances to read public discourse on these films by the people that the films were made for. I do not need a 40-year-old white dude to tell me what didn’t work for him about ‘[A] Wrinkle in Time.’ It wasn’t made for him. I want to know what it meant to women of color, to biracial women, to teen women of color, to teens that are biracial.”

I read and loved that book as a child having no idea that it was meant exclusively for biracial trans teens.

No... again that isn't what she said AT ALL, but who on this board would think that a self-proclaimed "hater" like yourself would read any other type of message out of it?

:abgg2q.jpg:

She is stating the obvious, that when most film critics are the decision-makers for the industry and they help decide what movies actually end up getting made, how much is spent for advertising for, and other aspects... not all movies are made to please that specific demographic, and the inclusion of a more diverse set of people that are influential in the business is needed to give everyone a voice. Like I said, you think empowering new groups of people means YOU lose power, when that isn't the case, at all.

View attachment 249408

Whatever the cause... that's a monumental fracture.

Yeah... and it was even worse before the movie was even released... it is kind of impossible for so many people to give a movie a negative review when it wasn't even out yet. ;)

No one rated it negative...that was fake news. The metric was whether they were interested in seeing it. The score was only 31% of respondents were interested. Suddenly it disappeared. That was a mistake. If it was fake reviews, that would be a problem. But being an "are you interested in seeing" statistic...I'm positive those people weren't interested in seeing it. Deleting it made Rotten Tomatoes appear biased. Damage done.
And RT purged like 50,000 reviews this afternoon...how they determined those reviews were fake is beyond me. But I understand why they did it. They are in a bind that damages their brand either way. So, damned if you do, damned if ya don't.

But that's not the point. The same thing is all over Youtube. These are fan channels, not political channels. It's the fanbase that is up in arms. A schism. And that's not good.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back