Can you Name Three Actual Facts about Darwinism

Kingdom, phylum, class, order, family, genus, species.

These are labels created by humans to try to make order from chaos. The Linnaean system of classification predates genetics, and has been supplanted in biology by the cladistic system based on genomic analysis.

"Darwinism" is also a label- there is no science of "Darwinism". It's usually used as a perjorative, but these statements are not grounded in science- they are grounded in labels.

Yes, biological evolution is real. Yes, all life on earth shares a common ancestor. The chirality of DNA, and the large group of common genetic sequences shared by all life illustrates this.

The demand for eyewitness speciation is a relic of Linnaean taxonomy, it's not how biology is really viewed. When enough mutations in a species happen to warrant a new clade, a new clade is named. It doesn't mean a switch has been flipped, it's a cumulative series of changes.

It doesn't really mean anything- it's just a way of describing something that brings it down to a human level of understanding.

Life evolves, it changes. The fossil record shows that.

You want to disprove biological evolution? Find a fossil of a flowering plant that predates insects. That would put a stake through the heart of evolutionary theory since all flowering plants need insects for pollination.

The term "theory" in the scientific context does not imply uncertainty. Biological evolution is every bit as successful as Quantum Mechanics or General Relativity in it's ability to make predictions (and be disproved).

Also it does not speak to the origin of life- that is beyond the reach of evolution. Evolution only talks about how life has changed, not how it began.

Last edited:
Name three specific things about Darwinism that are true?

Not "it's all real!" or "only stupid people ask that question!" or some other nonsense.

Can you give me some true facts that we know about Darwinian evolution and how we know them?
It is a theory
It is based on observation and study
It is NOT based on believing sole old guy with a beard sitting on a cloud waved everything into existence.

You're welcome

Not "it's all real!" or "only stupid people ask that question!" or some other nonsense.

Can you give me some true facts that we know about Darwinian evolution and how we know them?
Yes.

Because I got a proper education.

Thanks for asking.

1) and 3) are part of the theories of Darwinism. They are not facts, or you would not have left out the part about "how we know them?"

2) is very interesting. Can you give some examples, particularly among plants? You can give some examples of an animal of one sex seeing a member of the opposite sex and seeking out a feature it notices that would be an advantage.

Yes.

One example each from animals and plants, if you please.

Don't forget about "how we know" that.
Tangerines, Granny Delicious, Beefsteak tomatoes, White/Pink/Yellow roses...

Should I go one?

GEEZ.

Ever seen those videos of animals fighting to get a little some some? Yeah...Bets critter wins. Best critter gets to get with the girl. Best critter gets to pass on its genes.

So you've seen these things happen over a long periods of time or is this one of those believe on faith because the great alter of scientific consensus kind of things says it's true?
Only a simpleton thinks those are the only two options.

"Saw it with my eyes" vs. "Faith"..

You're like the average fool from the year 400.

Last edited:
View attachment 622741

I've read the book have you?

Darwin didn't see those finches change their coloring, beak size, or anything else, he only observed differences and made assumptions. That's not direct observation of seeing a species change that's only assuming that it does and basing a theory on that assumption. Therefore you base what you believe on things other people have told you to believe and let your faith in what they say guide you. Next you'll be telling me some bones of a fox sized creature that were found and believed to be millions of years old are the distant relative of a horse just because they have similarities in structure. Did you or anyone else alive or dead observe them changing into a modern day horse generation by generation and documenting that fact? I think not.

Sounds very similar to a religious belief to me.

*****CHUCKLE*****

:)

Have you seen god?
How about Jeebers?
How about George Washington
The roman Empire.

NO?

Then obviously by your logic they never existed.

GEEZ

What if the environment changes quickly? There are cases of adaptations happening in short periods of time. The question for evolution is, can one species change into another? The answer is no. There is no proof that we developed from primordial soup.
There's more proof of that than there is of some dude on a cloud wishing everything into existence.

GEEZ

There is no proof that we developed from primordial soup.
One can always spot the science illiterates right away.

"Proof" is for mathematics. Science deals in evidence.

But, since you made the mistake of posting in the science section, you now get to meet the challenge that all scientists have to meet:

Tell us what that "proof" would look like, to you. Be specific.

It is a theory
It is based on observation and study
It is NOT based on believing sole old guy with a beard sitting on a cloud waved everything into existence.

You're welcome
Good answer, seriously.

Those are really about the only factual things we can actually say about Darwinism.

I would nitpick that it isn't a "theory" in the scientific sense, but in the colloquial sense, people call it that.

Bottom line is that there are no facts that support that "theory," (actually, a hypothetical model),which could not also fit in with intelligent design.

Good answer, seriously.

Those are really about the only factual things we can actually say about Darwinism.

I would nitpick that it isn't a "theory" in the scientific sense, but in the colloquial sense, people call it that.

Bottom line is that there are no facts that support that "theory," (actually, a hypothetical model),which could not also fit in with intelligent design.
Soooo, you agree it's a theory but you insist it's not a ''theory''.

Your being befuddled about what you know nothing of puts you at an obvious disadvantage.

If you really wanted to know you could research it in a heart beat.

What youre really saying is "I'm a godbotherer and I don't believe any of it. Prove me wrong".

Sound familiar???

If you really wanted to know you could research it in a heart beat.

What youre really saying is "I'm a godbotherer and I don't believe any of it. Prove me wrong".

Sound familiar???
Yes, it does sound familiar. It’s what Darwinists say when they have no idea what the idea they advocate means and how little evidence there is for it.

Darwinists who have faith in Darwinism, instead of confidence in the evidence say that. So nearly every Darwinist says it.

Forum List

Back