Biden admin announces $7.7B student debt handout for 160K borrowers

Hollie

Diamond Member
Jun 20, 2012

There’s another round of vote buying and deficit spending at the expense of the tax payers being proposed by ole’ stumblebum.​

As Biden’s poll numbers are cratering, I suspect we will see more Biden giveaways as he scrambles to buy votes at the expense of taxpayers who will be saddled with more debt and inflation.

Biden admin announces $7.7B student debt handout for 160K borrowers​

There’s another round of vote buying and deficit spending at the expense of the tax payers being proposed by ole’ stumblebum.​

As Biden’s poll numbers are cratering, I suspect we will see more Biden giveaways as he scrambles to buy votes at the expense of taxpayers who will be saddled with more debt and inflation.

I TOLD YOU SO. That's $48,000 per vote by the way, holy shit!

If it makes you feel better I am sure it pisses millions of other borrowers off to be reminded they haven't even gotten their updated payment counts after two years of promises and delays that were delayed again this month until September. If you don't work for the government or went to some faux for-profit school, you probably haven't gotten anything.

At his hateful speech at Morehouse, Biden bragged that the SCOTUS said it was unconstitutional to do this type of thing, but he found a way to sneak it through.

Biden should focus more on finding ways to subsidize/lower tuition moving forward, not giving handouts to those who signed the dotted lines in the past and knew what they were doing.

Biden should focus more on finding ways to subsidize/lower tuition moving forward, not giving handouts to those who signed the dotted lines in the past and knew what they were doing.
Government subsidies is what has caused tuition to rise. Eliminate subsidized loans, and watch the tuition drop.

It is the government subsidies of the tuition (via the loans) that has allowed colleges to charge $50,000 a year (or more), and build apartment-style luxury housing, have multiple restaurants on campus, have water park structures and resort-level amentities.

When I went to college, I lived in a cinderblock dorm room (I fixed it up quite pretty, if I do say so myself), walked down the hall to a shared bathroom, and ate in the dining hall. And I LOVED it all!

We need to go back to the basics.

Can somebody explain to me why it's okay for Biden to disregard the Supreme Court's ruling and forgive billions of dollars in student debt? Is that the new normal nowadays for the Executive to ignore the Judicial Branch of our gov't and do as they please? And I presume that if Trump gets elected then it'll be okay if he does the same thing? It feels like we care no longer a nation of laws. Not a lot of interest in truth or justice either.

Can somebody explain to me why it's okay for Biden to disregard the Supreme Court's ruling and forgive billions of dollars in student debt? Is that the new normal nowadays for the Executive to ignore the Judicial Branch of our gov't and do as they please? And I presume that if Trump gets elected then it'll be okay if he does the same thing? It feels like we care no longer a nation of laws. Not a lot of interest in truth or justice either.

"The cancellations have come through existing federal student loan forgiveness programs, which are limited to specific categories of borrowers, such as public-sector workers, people defrauded by for-profit colleges, and borrowers who have paid for at least 20 years."

"These programs are separate from the rejected forgiveness plan, which would have canceled about $430 billion of the $1.6 trillion of outstanding federal student loan debt all at one time."

That is how he is getting around the ruling.

Government subsidies is what has caused tuition to rise. Eliminate subsidized loans, and watch the tuition drop.

It is the government subsidies of the tuition (via the loans) that has allowed colleges to charge $50,000 a year (or more), and build apartment-style luxury housing, have multiple restaurants on campus, have water park structures and resort-level amentities.

When I went to college, I lived in a cinderblock dorm room (I fixed it up quite pretty, if I do say so myself), walked down the hall to a shared bathroom, and ate in the dining hall. And I LOVED it all!

We need to go back to the basics.
That is a valid point. It makes sense that they would take advantage of these subsidies to simply increase profits.

It's a tough situation. Education is important to America's continued success but universities are pricing it so high that many can't afford it and ultimately we are bringing in engineers and scientists from outside our country to keep up with demand.

We need to find a way to get degree programs affordable that America needs and let the liberal arts majors etc. pay full price.

That is a valid point. It makes sense that they would take advantage of these subsidies to simply increase profits.

It's a tough situation. Education is important to America's continued success but universities are pricing it so high that many can't afford it and ultimately we are bringing in engineers and scientists from outside our country to keep up with demand.

We need to find a way to get degree programs affordable that America needs and let the liberal arts majors etc. pay full price.
….or…..we can can limit subsidized loans just to those with STEM and other career-oriented majors. The entire pricing structure would have to come down for the liberal arts majors to be able to afford full price (without the loan subsidies).

He's doing the same thing Obama did, bypassing congress and the people's representatives and doing whatever the hell he pleases.

….or…..we can can limit subsidized loans just to those with STEM and other career-oriented majors. The entire pricing structure would have to come down for the liberal arts majors to be able to afford full price (without the loan subsidies).
Yeah, agreed. That is in line with what I said.

Our taxes should not subsidize degree programs that America does not need.

Look Democrats know the spineless GOP will sit there and do nothing while the Dem presidents run amok. So they pull this type of shit again and again.

Yeah, agreed. That is in line with what I said.

Our taxes should not subsidize degree programs that America does not need.
And you know what? It wouldn’t be a bad thing if liberal arts majors in General Studies, or Ethnic Studies, or World Literature, or Women’s Studies, etc., decided they can’t afford “full freight” for a degree our country doesn‘t need, and instead go to a vocational program at 10% of the cost.

My community college offers more than 100 ”career-oriented” AA degrees.

And you know what? It wouldn’t be a bad thing if liberal arts majors in General Studies, or Ethnic Studies, or World Literature, or Women’s Studies, etc., decided they can’t afford “full freight” for a degree our country doesn‘t need, and instead go to a vocational program at 10% of the cost.

My community college offers more than 100 ”career-oriented” AA degrees.
Yep. You nailed it.

Been through 3 apprenticeships myself.

While I support a student going for any degree they want, I don't think we should be subsidizing degrees America doesn't need, like the ones you mentioned.

Forum List

Back