Can someone explain a legitimate argument for protecting illegal immigrants in the US?

sure they can pay their back taxes, pay back for the food stamps, medical, education etc. that they have used for years, then they can go back to their own country and wait at the end of the line behind everyone else, and go through the process.

They come here to work. They work hard and put our citizens to shame.
I admire their desire to work and better themselves.

I wish that every time we caught a working illegal, we could ship a welfare bum to the illegal's country of origin.

Most Americans don't desire to work and better themselves? The difference is they have a right to live and work in this country and illegal aliens do not! They do not hold the corner of the market on good work ethics either. Many of them are living off the welfare that they get thru their U.S. born kids. Take your anti-American hatred and shove it where the sun don't shine. Or better yet get the hell out of this country since our laws mean nothing to you!

You just described obama perfectly.....

Do you know any Americans who are complete pieces of shit, sell heroine or steal cars? When you start 'profiling' you will be rightly chastised and abdicate the argument.

America is no haven of social safety nets. Wake up.

Your profiling by saying they all work hard and put americans to shame. what the fuck do you think that is

It is the truth. Most illegal immigrants take jobs Americans turn their nose up on and they participate in the workforce at higher rates than native-born Americans

Why is it ok for Latin americans to come here illegaly and then not everyone else from all over the world. ? Why bother having an immigration law att all ? whats the point, you come here you stay. Why should anyone else wait in line? theres no reason to wait in line. I tried to help a friend bring here niece here as a student from Kenya, We had a foster family set up, The Ach Diocese in SF had given her the OK and she was accepted on a scholarship by a Highschool in Marin County who wanted her, and she was still denied. Why is that fair, when other people can just walk accross th eborder? granted, there is a lot of corruption in our US embassy in Kenya, but its actually something my kenyan friend pointed out to me as well.

I dont believe American people wont work hard, it may depend on where you are looking, theres a lot of Americans who are not working, yes. But importing other foreign workers is not going to solve that problem, just perpetuate it more. Im not against Immigration, but you need to know who is coming over the border, There were a lot of white europeans who wer not accepted and sent back from Ellis Island, every country has a right to control its immigration. and every other country does except for the US

The issue of immigration as most other issues this country faces need to be LIBERALIZED, not become more conservative which is a synonym for punitive.

The restrictions on "legal" immigration are so punitive that there is no line to get into, unless you live to be 100 years old.

An immigration black market only exists because the government has made the legal market so small and restricted. For example, if an Indian waiting for an employment-based green card (EB-3) applied in 2002, he would advance to the next stage sometime in 2012. That's a 10-year wait for a skilled immigrant with a job offer from a U.S. firm.

Factoring in the enormous monetary and legal costs that exclude most potential applicants, a mere small fraction of applicants for employment-based green cards even bother applying with, and there's still a long wait-list. And that's for skilled immigrants. Except for relatives of American citizens and green card holders, there really is no legal way for more than a small number of people to come here legally to work every year. No wonder a black market exists and the expectation of corruption is omnipresent. ref

Do you think we have annual quotas for legal immigration just for laughs? Are you really this stupid? We have 23 million Americans out of work and our social and natural resources are being stretched thin.already and you want more immigrants? WTH? We don't need any unskilled, uneducated immigrants. They are a burden to our society and end up on our welfare coffers via their U.S. born kids.

A black market only exists because the employers want to pay less not that they can't find an American to do the job for a fair wage. Educate yourself on this issue because you are either totally clueless, hire illegal aliens for more profit, a dumb bleeding heart liberal or you have ethnic ties to most illegals that are here. Which is it?

Clueless? You have ZERO education on the subject.

Even an educated conservative understands...

On immigration, the evidence is overwhelming; the best way forward is clear.

The forlorn pundit doesn’t even have to make the humanitarian case that immigration reform would be a great victory for human dignity. The cold economic case by itself is so strong.

Increased immigration would boost the U.S. economy. Immigrants are 30 percent more likely to start new businesses than native-born Americans, according to a research summary by Michael Greenstone and Adam Looney of The Hamilton Project. They are more likely to earn patents. A quarter of new high-tech companies with more than $1 million in sales were also founded by the foreign-born.

A study by Madeline Zavodny, an economics professor at Agnes Scott College, found that every additional 100 foreign-born workers in science and technology fields is associated with 262 additional jobs for U.S. natives.

Thanks to the labor of low-skill immigrants, the cost of food, homes and child care comes down, living standards rise and more women can afford to work outside the home.

The second clear finding is that many of the fears associated with immigration, including illegal immigration, are overblown.

Immigrants are doing a reasonable job of assimilating. Almost all of the children of immigrants from Africa and Asia speak English and more than 90 percent of the children of Latin-American immigrants do. New immigrants may start out disproportionately in construction and food-service jobs, but, by second and third generation, their occupation profiles are little different from the native-born.

Immigrants, including illegal immigrants, are not socially disruptive. They are much less likely to wind up in prison or in mental hospitals than the native-born.

Immigrants, both legal and illegal, do not drain the federal budget. It’s true that states and localities have to spend money to educate them when they are children, but, over the course of their lives, they pay more in taxes than they receive in benefits. Furthermore, according to the Congressional Budget Office, giving the current illegals a path to citizenship would increase the taxes they pay by $48 billion and increase the cost of public services they use by $23 billion, thereby producing a surplus of $25 billion.

It’s also looking more likely that immigrants don’t even lower the wages for vulnerable, low-skill Americans. In 2007, the last time we had a big immigration debate, economists were divided on this. One group, using one methodology, found immigration had a negligible effect on low-skill wages. Another group, using another methodology, found that the wages of the low-skilled were indeed hurt.

Since then, as Heidi Shierholz of the Economic Policy Institute explains, methodological advances suggest that the wages of most low-skill workers are probably not significantly affected. It turns out that immigrant workers are not always in direct competition with native-born workers, and, in some cases, they push the native-born upward into jobs that require more communication skills.

Shierholz found that between 1994 and 2007 immigration increased overall American wages by a small amount ($3.68 per week). It decreased the wages of American male high school dropouts by a very small amount ($1.37 per week). And it increased the wages of female high school dropouts by a larger amount ($4.19 per week).

Continue reading the main story

All persons in the United States are entitled to due process of the law, including those undocumented (Plyler v. Doe (1982)). That one is in the country absent documentation doesn't necessarily mean he is 'illegal,' where one is not 'illegal' until determined as such in a court of law.

This issue therefore is not one of undocumented immigrants entering the country, but the unwarranted fear and hate of those hostile to immigrants, and their refusal to allow immigration reform that will address the issue in compliance with the Constitution's requirement that all persons in fact be afforded due process of the law.
if you come across the border without letting anyone know you are here, means you are here ILLEGALLY jones......yea i know....i said ILLEGAL instead of being Politically Correct like you and saying "undocumented".....tough....

They vote Democrat because the Democrats give them money, drivers licenses, and welfare benefits and that is why some protect illegal immigrants.
See? I posted links. You just made up bullshit. Republicans ridiculous right winger talking points. Do you understand how dumb that makes you look?
they get those things in my State Dean.....go ahead prove me wrong.....

sure they can pay their back taxes, pay back for the food stamps, medical, education etc. that they have used for years, then they can go back to their own country and wait at the end of the line behind everyone else, and go through the process.

we have many citizens who work hard too....quit comparing the general population to you....and not all Mexicans are hard workers,some of them are like you too....

Sure work, then they send the money out of the US. They break our laws. They scam our social systems. They want to live and work here, then pay up everything that they have already taken from us, go back home and get in line.
They break our laws. They scam our social systems.
so do lots of Americans..........just sayin....:dunno:.

we have many citizens who work hard too....quit comparing the general population to you....and not all Mexicans are hard workers,some of them are like you too....

Suck my dick you piece of shit. I have worked hard since I was a kid with a paper route.

There is an old axiom that is true..."it takes one to KNOW one"

Sure work, then they send the money out of the US. They break our laws. They scam our social systems. They want to live and work here, then pay up everything that they have already taken from us, go back home and get in line.

Sounds great as long as it isn't YOUR life, your existence or your family in the balance.

They come here for work, and they don't 'scam' our system. Turn off Faux news and stop being a parrot. There are many Americans who need help and can't get government assistance. What makes you think anyone can just get food stamps etc?
and they don't 'scam' our system

they dont?.....apparently were you live you dont have many illegals.....they have their assholes just like everyone else....

By FAR the BIGGEST and MOST expensive scam of our social programs are perpetrated by doctors, hospitals, pharmaceutical companies, medical device manufacturers, insurance cartel and corporations.

When those behemoths suck government tit, they hook up auto-milkers.

Sounds great as long as it isn't YOUR life, your existence or your family in the balance.

They come here for work, and they don't 'scam' our system. Turn off Faux news and stop being a parrot. There are many Americans who need help and can't get government assistance. What makes you think anyone can just get food stamps etc?

they dont?.....apparently were you live you dont have many illegals.....they have their assholes just like everyone else....

Every group has their assholes. But the majority on Hispanics are hard working people. THINK for the first time in your miserable life. NO ONE who takes the risk and effort to uproot themselves, move to a new country with a different language and no sure way of supporting themselves is lazy.

And getting any government assistance is not easy. It requires filing out numerous forms, interviews with social services, copies of pay checks, documentation up the ass.

Suck my dick you piece of shit. I have worked hard since I was a kid with a paper route.

There is an old axiom that is true..."it takes one to KNOW one"
who is the one who said,and i quote....."They work hard and put our citizens to shame".....you or me asshole?.....so the only person in this country who works as hard as a Mexican is you?....fuck you....and if you want homosexual love,go find a gay guy dipshit....

Our citizens pay the price when they get caught, illegals get away with it. They just run and take a new name instead of facing the consequences.

Yeah, I can explain it. They work cheap and Mr. Businessman loves his cheap labor.

I know it is a big deal for many of us...
I've always been "against" illegal immigration and do not find anything morally wrong with deporting people who come into the United States illegally. Moreover I support this policy.
Do you have people who come to the country illegally, who US citizens are now defending. Why? Why do they have any claims to the rights that legal citizens/workers in the US enjoy? They cheated the system, and people don't think they should be punished or deported. How is it fair that thousands of people work their asses off just for a chance to stay in the US while others come in illegally and then are defended against deportation? How can you discourage people from cheating the system if you just reward them if they manage to cross the border illegally?
When it comes to the children of illegal immigrants, I'm really unsure of what's the best course of action is, so I'd prefer to stick to discussing illegal immigrants who don't have children born in the US.
problems-with-illegal-immigration.jpg
Don't feel too much quilt about deporting the parents of illegal aliens, Our immigration laws have so many holes in them you can drive a truck through them.The parents of anchor babies don't have any qualms using their children as human shields, and that itself is bothersome enough. Send the whole family back, that way families don't get broken up. Everything is copasetic.

Every group has their assholes. But the majority on Hispanics are hard working people. THINK for the first time in your miserable life. NO ONE who takes the risk and effort to uproot themselves, move to a new country with a different language and no sure way of supporting themselves is lazy.

And getting any government assistance is not easy. It requires filing out numerous forms, interviews with social services, copies of pay checks, documentation up the ass.
But the majority on Hispanics are hard working people.
which i have said in numerous threads here....
THINK for the first time in your miserable life
something you should try doing....
NO ONE who takes the risk and effort to uproot themselves, move to a new country with a different language and no sure way of supporting themselves is lazy.
who said they were? i sure as hell didnt.....see start thinking about what you post....
And getting any government assistance is not easy. It requires filing out numerous forms, interviews with social services, copies of pay checks, documentation up the ass
not that hard in my State.....if they have kids they walk out of the Social Service office with something....

Our citizens pay the price when they get caught, illegals get away with it. They just run and take a new name instead of facing the consequences.
thats not true.....i have seen quite a few either get deported or doing jail time for that in my 45 years living here.....just here in my neighborhood in the last few years i can name 2 men and a woman who got popped for various things.....and i have never seen them again....and when i asked i was told that one is doing time the other 2 got the boot....

The majority of Hispanics are hard working people. Never doubted that. How does that tie in with illegal aliens? Most of us are descendants of legal immigrants, most of which were just as hard working. I have known enough LEGAL immigrants to realize what a folly defending illegal immigrants is.

Most Legal immigrants do work hard and follow the laws. It's the illegals who come here and disregard our laws from the day they step across the border without papers.

Your profiling by saying they all work hard and put americans to shame. what the fuck do you think that is

It is the truth. Most illegal immigrants take jobs Americans turn their nose up on and they participate in the workforce at higher rates than native-born Americans

Why is it ok for Latin americans to come here illegaly and then not everyone else from all over the world. ? Why bother having an immigration law att all ? whats the point, you come here you stay. Why should anyone else wait in line? theres no reason to wait in line. I tried to help a friend bring here niece here as a student from Kenya, We had a foster family set up, The Ach Diocese in SF had given her the OK and she was accepted on a scholarship by a Highschool in Marin County who wanted her, and she was still denied. Why is that fair, when other people can just walk accross th eborder? granted, there is a lot of corruption in our US embassy in Kenya, but its actually something my kenyan friend pointed out to me as well.

I dont believe American people wont work hard, it may depend on where you are looking, theres a lot of Americans who are not working, yes. But importing other foreign workers is not going to solve that problem, just perpetuate it more. Im not against Immigration, but you need to know who is coming over the border, There were a lot of white europeans who wer not accepted and sent back from Ellis Island, every country has a right to control its immigration. and every other country does except for the US

The issue of immigration as most other issues this country faces need to be LIBERALIZED, not become more conservative which is a synonym for punitive.

The restrictions on "legal" immigration are so punitive that there is no line to get into, unless you live to be 100 years old.

An immigration black market only exists because the government has made the legal market so small and restricted. For example, if an Indian waiting for an employment-based green card (EB-3) applied in 2002, he would advance to the next stage sometime in 2012. That's a 10-year wait for a skilled immigrant with a job offer from a U.S. firm.

Factoring in the enormous monetary and legal costs that exclude most potential applicants, a mere small fraction of applicants for employment-based green cards even bother applying with, and there's still a long wait-list. And that's for skilled immigrants. Except for relatives of American citizens and green card holders, there really is no legal way for more than a small number of people to come here legally to work every year. No wonder a black market exists and the expectation of corruption is omnipresent. ref

Do you think we have annual quotas for legal immigration just for laughs? Are you really this stupid? We have 23 million Americans out of work and our social and natural resources are being stretched thin.already and you want more immigrants? WTH? We don't need any unskilled, uneducated immigrants. They are a burden to our society and end up on our welfare coffers via their U.S. born kids.

A black market only exists because the employers want to pay less not that they can't find an American to do the job for a fair wage. Educate yourself on this issue because you are either totally clueless, hire illegal aliens for more profit, a dumb bleeding heart liberal or you have ethnic ties to most illegals that are here. Which is it?

Clueless? You have ZERO education on the subject.

Even an educated conservative understands...

On immigration, the evidence is overwhelming; the best way forward is clear.

The forlorn pundit doesn’t even have to make the humanitarian case that immigration reform would be a great victory for human dignity. The cold economic case by itself is so strong.

Increased immigration would boost the U.S. economy. Immigrants are 30 percent more likely to start new businesses than native-born Americans, according to a research summary by Michael Greenstone and Adam Looney of The Hamilton Project. They are more likely to earn patents. A quarter of new high-tech companies with more than $1 million in sales were also founded by the foreign-born.

A study by Madeline Zavodny, an economics professor at Agnes Scott College, found that every additional 100 foreign-born workers in science and technology fields is associated with 262 additional jobs for U.S. natives.

Thanks to the labor of low-skill immigrants, the cost of food, homes and child care comes down, living standards rise and more women can afford to work outside the home.

The second clear finding is that many of the fears associated with immigration, including illegal immigration, are overblown.

Immigrants are doing a reasonable job of assimilating. Almost all of the children of immigrants from Africa and Asia speak English and more than 90 percent of the children of Latin-American immigrants do. New immigrants may start out disproportionately in construction and food-service jobs, but, by second and third generation, their occupation profiles are little different from the native-born.

Immigrants, including illegal immigrants, are not socially disruptive. They are much less likely to wind up in prison or in mental hospitals than the native-born.

Immigrants, both legal and illegal, do not drain the federal budget. It’s true that states and localities have to spend money to educate them when they are children, but, over the course of their lives, they pay more in taxes than they receive in benefits. Furthermore, according to the Congressional Budget Office, giving the current illegals a path to citizenship would increase the taxes they pay by $48 billion and increase the cost of public services they use by $23 billion, thereby producing a surplus of $25 billion.

It’s also looking more likely that immigrants don’t even lower the wages for vulnerable, low-skill Americans. In 2007, the last time we had a big immigration debate, economists were divided on this. One group, using one methodology, found immigration had a negligible effect on low-skill wages. Another group, using another methodology, found that the wages of the low-skilled were indeed hurt.

Since then, as Heidi Shierholz of the Economic Policy Institute explains, methodological advances suggest that the wages of most low-skill workers are probably not significantly affected. It turns out that immigrant workers are not always in direct competition with native-born workers, and, in some cases, they push the native-born upward into jobs that require more communication skills.

Shierholz found that between 1994 and 2007 immigration increased overall American wages by a small amount ($3.68 per week). It decreased the wages of American male high school dropouts by a very small amount ($1.37 per week). And it increased the wages of female high school dropouts by a larger amount ($4.19 per week).

Continue reading the main story

Keep repeating the same old nonsense . It's fun to watch. You might want to read the topic heading again. It's about illegal aliens not "immigrants".

Forum List

Back