Can someone explain a legitimate argument for protecting illegal immigrants in the US?

There are examples of that, but i believe its a distorted truth. There are millions of hardworking americans, maybe just not in Marin County. Ive known illegal immigrants in my own life. One is a friend. Ive worked with some who were hard workers like you say. Ive known others who where complete pieces of shit and sold Tar heroine, I knew one who stole my car and I had to get it back at my own risk, some come here who have absolutely no respect for us and others are the sweetest people on earth. But the problem is , were not checking out who is comming across the border. theres no excuse for it. My great Grandparents had to go through the process, same as others

Do you know any Americans who are complete pieces of shit, sell heroine or steal cars? When you start 'profiling' you will be rightly chastised and abdicate the argument.

America is no haven of social safety nets. Wake up.

Your profiling by saying they all work hard and put americans to shame. what the fuck do you think that is

It is the truth. Most illegal immigrants take jobs Americans turn their nose up on and they participate in the workforce at higher rates than native-born Americans

What utter BS! There are no jobs that Americans won't do for a fair wage. Who the hell do you think did them before the arrival of millions of illegal aliens willing to work for less? WTH are you talking about? We have only 12-20- million illegal aliens in this country with a population of 320 million. How the hell can you make the stupid claim that they participate in our workforce at higher rates than natives? Illegal immigration is against the law. What part of that aren't you getting?
Was wondering, who's going to do those jobs of the boomers, when all the boomers retire? Will the jobs just disappear? Boomers are expected to live 20- 30 years in retirement!!

Adult Americans and legal immigrants, that's who!!!

Illegals can be called all those things everyday. They are not immigrants. Immigrants go thru the channels. Illegals are criminals.

Our founding fathers were 'criminals'... had they lost the revolutionary war, they would have been hanged by the neck until they were dead.

You are not very bright.

Different era. There was no Constitution/Immigration laws at the time of the Revolutionary War.
Not very bright, are you?

Illegals can be called all those things everyday. They are not immigrants. Immigrants go thru the channels. Illegals are criminals.

Our founding fathers were 'criminals'... had they lost the revolutionary war, they would have been hanged by the neck until they were dead.

You are not very bright.

Different era. There was no Constitution/Immigration laws at the time of the Revolutionary War.

Actually I am very bright...

Rightful liberty is unobstructed action according to our will within limits drawn around us by the equal rights of others. I do not add 'within the limits of the law' because law is often but the tyrant's will, and always so when it violates the rights of the individual.
Thomas Jefferson

People crushed by laws, have no hope but to evade power. If the laws are their enemies, they will be enemies to the law; and those who have most to hope and nothing to lose will always be dangerous.
Edmund Burke

You are not very bright.

Actually I am very bright...

Rightful liberty is unobstructed action according to our will within limits drawn around us by the equal rights of others. I do not add 'within the limits of the law' because law is often but the tyrant's will, and always so when it violates the rights of the individual.
Thomas Jefferson

People crushed by laws, have no hope but to evade power. If the laws are their enemies, they will be enemies to the law; and those who have most to hope and nothing to lose will always be dangerous.
Edmund Burke

Cute, but without laws there is chaos.and anarchy.

All persons in the United States are entitled to due process of the law, including those undocumented (Plyler v. Doe (1982)). That one is in the country absent documentation doesn't necessarily mean he is 'illegal,' where one is not 'illegal' until determined as such in a court of law.

This issue therefore is not one of undocumented immigrants entering the country, but the unwarranted fear and hate of those hostile to immigrants, and their refusal to allow immigration reform that will address the issue in compliance with the Constitution's requirement that all persons in fact be afforded due process of the law.
C_Clayton_Jones
You seem to leave out that if someone breaks laws they owe restitution.
That is natural law. So there is a debt created, or else it isn't fair to people who didn't break the law.

I can't help but notice the weird pattern of thinking,
that unless or until you are caught and convicted, then none of this counts.

What's worse is the poor blame the wealthy and the rich corporations when they act like they have immunity
"unless caught and ordered by courts"
While the right blame the poor for acting entitled "until and unless proven guilty by due process."

There must be accountability for violating laws.
So there must be some restitution owed that is proportional to the degree of violations
or it isn't fair to people who didn't break the laws.

I notice my friends who live by the Bible were citing the passages
on not oppressing the stranger but practicing charity to the foreigner.

And I had to point out that one must follow and respect civil authorities,
and can't just break the laws without owing or offering restitution.

It's funny how liberals CLAIM not to recognize natural laws and rights coming from God,
but when it suits their arguments, well, suddenly these rights are free and not dependent on govt.

That's where I disagree. I do believe freedom comes from God, as part of human free will,
but when it comes to citizenship and privileges,and laws for registering because services are paid for
with tax dollars, that part IS granted by the state and those rules should be respected.

It isn't free.

So there is a difference between spiritual freedom which is freely given
and political freedom which isn't. And people seem to mix up the two.

I know it is a big deal for many of us...
I've always been "against" illegal immigration and do not find anything morally wrong with deporting people who come into the United States illegally. Moreover I support this policy.
Do you have people who come to the country illegally, who US citizens are now defending. Why? Why do they have any claims to the rights that legal citizens/workers in the US enjoy? They cheated the system, and people don't think they should be punished or deported. How is it fair that thousands of people work their asses off just for a chance to stay in the US while others come in illegally and then are defended against deportation? How can you discourage people from cheating the system if you just reward them if they manage to cross the border illegally?
When it comes to the children of illegal immigrants, I'm really unsure of what's the best course of action is, so I'd prefer to stick to discussing illegal immigrants who don't have children born in the US.
problems-with-illegal-immigration.jpg

'Can someone explain a legitimate argument for protecting illegal immigrants in the US?'

Define the term 'legitimate argument'.

Does it have to make any sense?

I guess for health, safety and criminal issues,
once people are here illegally it is best to document or enroll them with some sponsoring
organization or legal guardian, so that if there are any health issues,
employment and education issues, and/or any crime is committed either
against such persons or by such persons, there is financial and legal responsibility taken.

I would like to see Obama's ACA exchanges and enrollment networks expanded
to register all residents of illegal or transitional status, so their education, work,
and services can be accounted for, similar to how students enroll in a university
that accepts them, and tracks their scholastic credits and work-study hours,
medical records and costs of school, room and board, health coverage, etc.

Instead of the federal govt micro-managing law abiding working citizens, deprived of liberty without
having committed any crimes, the ACA mandates should
apply to voluntary participants only, or mandatory participants if they owe the public
restitution and costs of convicted crimes. This program could cover both inmates transitioning
back into society, or immigrant workers applying to become citizens. Any violations that either
one incurs should require proportional restitution in terms of fines or work hours owed.

I've always been "against" illegal immigration and do not find anything morally wrong with deporting people who come into the United States illegally. Moreover I support this policy.
Do you have people who come to the country illegally, who US citizens are now defending. Why? Why do they have any claims to the rights that legal citizens/workers in the US enjoy? They cheated the system, and people don't think they should be punished or deported. How is it fair that thousands of people work their asses off just for a chance to stay in the US while others come in illegally and then are defended against deportation? How can you discourage people from cheating the system if you just reward them if they manage to cross the border illegally?
When it comes to the children of illegal immigrants, I'm really unsure of what's the best course of action is, so I'd prefer to stick to discussing illegal immigrants who don't have children born in the US.

'Can someone explain a legitimate argument for protecting illegal immigrants in the US?'

once people are here illegally it is best to document or enroll them with some sponsoring
against such persons or by such persons, there is financial and legal responsibility taken.

to register all residents of illegal or transitional status, so their education, work,
and services can be accounted for, similar to how students enroll in a university

Instead of the federal govt micro-managing law abiding working citizens, deprived of liberty without
apply to voluntary participants only, or mandatory participants if they owe the public
restitution and costs of convicted crimes. This program could cover both inmates transitioning
back into society, or immigrant workers applying to become citizens. Any violations that either
one incurs should require proportional restitution in terms of fines or work hours owed.

NO, illegal aliens need to be deported instead of enrolled in anything or allowed to stay here. It's the law!

We sure as hell don't want these people paying taxes and contributing their fair share.

You are obviously not smart enough to see the true picture. There is probably a forum someplace for people aged 9-13, that might be more on your level of critical thinking.

sure they can pay their back taxes, pay back for the food stamps, medical, education etc. that they have used for years, then they can go back to their own country and wait at the end of the line behind everyone else, and go through the process.

They come here to work. They work hard and put our citizens to shame.

Speak for yourself you fucking traitorous ****.

There are examples of that, but i believe its a distorted truth. There are millions of hardworking americans, maybe just not in Marin County. Ive known illegal immigrants in my own life. One is a friend. Ive worked with some who were hard workers like you say. Ive known others who where complete pieces of shit and sold Tar heroine, I knew one who stole my car and I had to get it back at my own risk, some come here who have absolutely no respect for us and others are the sweetest people on earth. But the problem is , were not checking out who is comming across the border. theres no excuse for it. My great Grandparents had to go through the process, same as others

Do you know any Americans who are complete pieces of shit, sell heroine or steal cars? When you start 'profiling' you will be rightly chastised and abdicate the argument.

Your profiling by saying they all work hard and put americans to shame. what the fuck do you think that is

It is the truth. Most illegal immigrants take jobs Americans turn their nose up on and they participate in the workforce at higher rates than native-born Americans

What utter BS! There are no jobs that Americans won't do for a fair wage. Who the hell do you think did them before the arrival of millions of illegal aliens willing to work for less? WTH are you talking about? We have only 12-20- million illegal aliens in this country with a population of 320 million. How the hell can you make the stupid claim that they participate in our workforce at higher rates than natives? Illegal immigration is against the law. What part of that aren't you getting?

He is an anti American traitor, He will use any argument to cheer on the invasion..

sure they can pay their back taxes, pay back for the food stamps, medical, education etc. that they have used for years, then they can go back to their own country and wait at the end of the line behind everyone else, and go through the process.

But they aren't here illegally.
Mexicans commit crimes and go back to mexico to avoid prosecution.

If they are HERE, they are HERE illegally.

Why is it ok for Latin americans to come here illegaly and then not everyone else from all over the world. ? Why bother having an immigration law att all ? whats the point, you come here you stay. Why should anyone else wait in line? theres no reason to wait in line. I tried to help a friend bring here niece here as a student from Kenya, We had a foster family set up, The Ach Diocese in SF had given her the OK and she was accepted on a scholarship by a Highschool in Marin County who wanted her, and she was still denied. Why is that fair, when other people can just walk accross th eborder? granted, there is a lot of corruption in our US embassy in Kenya, but its actually something my kenyan friend pointed out to me as well.

I dont believe American people wont work hard, it may depend on where you are looking, theres a lot of Americans who are not working, yes. But importing other foreign workers is not going to solve that problem, just perpetuate it more. Im not against Immigration, but you need to know who is coming over the border, There were a lot of white europeans who wer not accepted and sent back from Ellis Island, every country has a right to control its immigration. and every other country does except for the US

The issue of immigration as most other issues this country faces need to be LIBERALIZED, not become more conservative which is a synonym for punitive.

The restrictions on "legal" immigration are so punitive that there is no line to get into, unless you live to be 100 years old.

An immigration black market only exists because the government has made the legal market so small and restricted. For example, if an Indian waiting for an employment-based green card (EB-3) applied in 2002, he would advance to the next stage sometime in 2012. That's a 10-year wait for a skilled immigrant with a job offer from a U.S. firm.

Factoring in the enormous monetary and legal costs that exclude most potential applicants, a mere small fraction of applicants for employment-based green cards even bother applying with, and there's still a long wait-list. And that's for skilled immigrants. Except for relatives of American citizens and green card holders, there really is no legal way for more than a small number of people to come here legally to work every year. No wonder a black market exists and the expectation of corruption is omnipresent. ref

Do you think we have annual quotas for legal immigration just for laughs? Are you really this stupid? We have 23 million Americans out of work and our social and natural resources are being stretched thin.already and you want more immigrants? WTH? We don't need any unskilled, uneducated immigrants. They are a burden to our society and end up on our welfare coffers via their U.S. born kids.

A black market only exists because the employers want to pay less not that they can't find an American to do the job for a fair wage. Educate yourself on this issue because you are either totally clueless, hire illegal aliens for more profit, a dumb bleeding heart liberal or you have ethnic ties to most illegals that are here. Which is it?

Clueless? You have ZERO education on the subject.

Even an educated conservative understands...

On immigration, the evidence is overwhelming; the best way forward is clear.

The forlorn pundit doesn’t even have to make the humanitarian case that immigration reform would be a great victory for human dignity. The cold economic case by itself is so strong.

Increased immigration would boost the U.S. economy. Immigrants are 30 percent more likely to start new businesses than native-born Americans, according to a research summary by Michael Greenstone and Adam Looney of The Hamilton Project. They are more likely to earn patents. A quarter of new high-tech companies with more than $1 million in sales were also founded by the foreign-born.

A study by Madeline Zavodny, an economics professor at Agnes Scott College, found that every additional 100 foreign-born workers in science and technology fields is associated with 262 additional jobs for U.S. natives.

Thanks to the labor of low-skill immigrants, the cost of food, homes and child care comes down, living standards rise and more women can afford to work outside the home.

The second clear finding is that many of the fears associated with immigration, including illegal immigration, are overblown.

Immigrants are doing a reasonable job of assimilating. Almost all of the children of immigrants from Africa and Asia speak English and more than 90 percent of the children of Latin-American immigrants do. New immigrants may start out disproportionately in construction and food-service jobs, but, by second and third generation, their occupation profiles are little different from the native-born.

Immigrants, including illegal immigrants, are not socially disruptive. They are much less likely to wind up in prison or in mental hospitals than the native-born.

Immigrants, both legal and illegal, do not drain the federal budget. It’s true that states and localities have to spend money to educate them when they are children, but, over the course of their lives, they pay more in taxes than they receive in benefits. Furthermore, according to the Congressional Budget Office, giving the current illegals a path to citizenship would increase the taxes they pay by $48 billion and increase the cost of public services they use by $23 billion, thereby producing a surplus of $25 billion.

It’s also looking more likely that immigrants don’t even lower the wages for vulnerable, low-skill Americans. In 2007, the last time we had a big immigration debate, economists were divided on this. One group, using one methodology, found immigration had a negligible effect on low-skill wages. Another group, using another methodology, found that the wages of the low-skilled were indeed hurt.

Since then, as Heidi Shierholz of the Economic Policy Institute explains, methodological advances suggest that the wages of most low-skill workers are probably not significantly affected. It turns out that immigrant workers are not always in direct competition with native-born workers, and, in some cases, they push the native-born upward into jobs that require more communication skills.

Shierholz found that between 1994 and 2007 immigration increased overall American wages by a small amount ($3.68 per week). It decreased the wages of American male high school dropouts by a very small amount ($1.37 per week). And it increased the wages of female high school dropouts by a larger amount ($4.19 per week).

Continue reading the main story

This is about illegal immigration. And those people are not here to start businesses. They are the bottom of the barrel, even Cauleron is pushing the traitors in the white house to keep them. Why do you think that is?

Gladly. There are 5 million jobs available in the US.

Report Economy Will Face Shortage of 5 Million Workers in 2020 - US News

There Are Now More Than Five Million Job Openings in America - Bloomberg Business

Business knows it has the right wingnut vote sewn up. But it needs skilled workers. Would you turn over a million dollar piece of equipment to an ignorant anti science wingnut? Of course not.

At the same time, the educated tend to vote Democrat. For obvious reasons. And illegals can't vote.

This is where it get's tricky. Republicans are afraid these people will take THEIR jobs. Only Republicans are too lazy to do field work and don't have the technical background to do anything skilled. So of course, illegals won't take THEIR jobs because Republicans aren't qualified for much of anything. Their only real talent is trying to bring down the country and complaining about paying their fair share. Even they can't name a single GOP policy for the last 40 years that has helped the majority of Americans and the reason they want to put troops everywhere is because reality freaks them out. But no matter how many troops there are, Republicans will never feel safe. There will never be enough troops. Republicans are simply too out of phase with this reality.

Would you be willing to be the 1st to step forward and donate to that cause. Because I don't want one cent of my money going towards giving illegal invaders free health care.

You and all other traitorous progressive fools could pay for that, sounds great.

Gladly. There are 5 million jobs available in the US.

Report Economy Will Face Shortage of 5 Million Workers in 2020 - US News

There Are Now More Than Five Million Job Openings in America - Bloomberg Business

Business knows it has the right wingnut vote sewn up. But it needs skilled workers. Would you turn over a million dollar piece of equipment to an ignorant anti science wingnut? Of course not.

At the same time, the educated tend to vote Democrat. For obvious reasons. And illegals can't vote.

This is where it get's tricky. Republicans are afraid these people will take THEIR jobs. Only Republicans are too lazy to do field work and don't have the technical background to do anything skilled. So of course, illegals won't take THEIR jobs because Republicans aren't qualified for much of anything. Their only real talent is trying to bring down the country and complaining about paying their fair share. Even they can't name a single GOP policy for the last 40 years that has helped the majority of Americans and the reason they want to put troops everywhere is because reality freaks them out. But no matter how many troops there are, Republicans will never feel safe. There will never be enough troops. Republicans are simply too out of phase with this reality.

I asked for a definition, not an example. As it happens, your answer is neither.

There are 90 million employable people in the US who do not have jobs. Given the size of that number, most of them must have voted for Obama, or he would not be President.

Why does he hate them rdean?

Would you be willing to be the 1st to step forward and donate to that cause. Because I don't want one cent of my money going towards giving illegal invaders free health care.

You and all other traitorous progressive fools could pay for that, sounds great.

EatMorChikin That's my whole point.

Hold the wrongdoers responsible for their own costs, not forcing law abiding taxpayers to pay for it unless (a) they volunteer to do so as charity (b) they have equal options of lending to govt similar to Federal Reserve investors and either get tax breaks or paid interest as student or business loans, paid by the borrowers

If Democrats want to enroll all these immigrants under ACA exchanges to manage the credits back and forth, great. Why not get maximum use of these systems and make them work for the people who WANT to make those systems work.

As a Constitutionalist, I believe those mandates need to be voluntary, and govt can only impose mandates on people convicted of crimes who owe restitution and lose liberties as part of due process to work out terms for paying back their costs to the public. But even the Restorative Justice programs that work, are run on a voluntary basis. So it can be mandatory to pay back restitution for crimes, but the terms have to be agreed upon by consent of the parties participating or it doesn't work effectively.

I believe the Democrats should take on the task of managing all the prison and immigrant population as a full time responsibility per state. And because the ACA was passed and pushed unconstitutionally against the beliefs of half the nation, the restitution for that should be to correct the problems, starting with Obama, Pelosi and other leaders most responsible. As a Democrat, I have already worked with other community members who created model solutions toward the same end, so I am willing to volunteer and put the corrections together. But I believe it should be funded and managed voluntarily, and only mandatory for Democrats who conspired to violate civil rights by pushing the ACA mandates that were unconstitutional and in violation of federal duties and oath of office.

Although I contested that from the state, I am willing to consult and volunteer with fellow Democrats to take responsibility for the programs as promised to constituents, which are not constitutional to mandate on a federal level, but are constitutional to offer on a state level on a voluntary basis of participation and funding. Only those who broke laws and committed abuses and violations should be required to fund and follow those programs as part of restitution to the public.

But they aren't here illegally.
Mexicans commit crimes and go back to mexico to avoid prosecution.

If they are HERE, they are HERE illegally.

Put down the joint and read again.....................

Speak for yourself you fucking traitorous ****.
You'd best spit out the feathers. It clogs the natural bodily functions and ends coming back up. Just so you know eating more chicken feathers doesn't clean out your system, or brush out stupidity Thus we see you spewing vile regurgitated fowl and really nasty filth. Cleanse your system and brush your teeth. Get an enema. Then I will consider addressing you again. Until you do, you are nothing but the chicken shit I spread on my lawn as fertilizer.

Forum List

Back